Chefelf.com Night Life: Political correctness run amuck - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Political correctness run amuck

#31 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

It's not a stretch to say Alexander was bisexual because (and I hate to say it) Snake is right in that the ancient greeks practiced Pederasty (sp?), which is where older men have sexual relations with young boys, except in some weird context that involves mentorship and whatnot.

I'm not getting into that other stuff.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#32 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jan 17 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you got the point of the last post. He/she was trying to point out that there shouldn't be anything seen as unsaintly in being bisexual. That the political correct attitude would be to say that Alexander was bisexual and that that was not a big deal. The topic you linked was a news article that said some Greek folks didn't like the claim that Alexander was gay. They said that because they don't like gays and they think to say that Alexander was gay is to belittle his memory. Saying Alexander was not bisexual is not the politically correct move; it's the politically incorrect one.

I don't get what all the fuss was about. He said nice things to his friend and drunkenly kissed a girly-boy dancer everyone said looked like a girl and got big laughs for it.

I saw nothing in that film that suggested he was bi.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size