Chefelf.com Night Life: The People vs. George Lucas - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

The People vs. George Lucas New STAR WARS-related film - official launch!

#31 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

Nope. Surprisingly I don't have any Star Wars posters or figures. Just my computer with the website up and a kind of messy bookshelf in the background. I'm not sure how it looked as I didn't see what was recorded but hopefully it looks okay. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#32 User is offline   njamilla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Black belts: aikido, kendo, iaido, jodo. 1987 World Fencing Championships, World University Games participant. Writer: novelist, freelancer. Interestes: Renaissance, religious history, turtles.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:16 PM

You weren't wearing an imperial gantry officer uniform were you?

Were you ever asked if you had a girlfriend? And how you both met?

Did they say they wanted to accompany you to a SW convention in the future?
Author: Sword Fighting in the Star Wars Universe.

#33 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (njamilla @ Jan 10 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You weren't wearing an imperial gantry officer uniform were you?

Sadly, no.

Were you ever asked if you had a girlfriend? And how you both met?

Off the record, yes. So it won't be in the final movie.

Did they say they wanted to accompany you to a SW convention in the future?

No. I've never gone to a convention but I would be very happy to go and comment as they followed me around. Just so long as I don't have to dress up like IG-88 or anything.

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#34 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I don’t think anyone is that skinny.
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#35 User is offline   Saberist Icon

• New Cop

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

AOP,

I assume you have the Youtube spoofs on ANH, ROTJ and 'Vader's collect call' all lined up? They cover a surprisingly large amount of ground within a universally accessible media format.

If so, let me say that it seems silly to go at the man with even the most well rounded understanding of what's wrong and what isn't.

I think the best choice is to have an idea for a Star Wars or more likely Star Wars like derived film which is 'built' on the premise of either point by point reconstructing Star Wars as a whole into something more coherent.* Or in fact 'reshooting' (editing) it to make a divergent storyline. I've seen this done with films like T3 which created passable stories from what I thought utter trash.

Since Mr. Lucas has said that he is now happy to indulge his personal film ideas, you might even include a chance to submit the resulting screenplay to 'his people' as the basis for an interesting 10-20 minute, _non-comical_, minifilm for Sundance or the like.

Again, the most likely response is going to be: "What gall, I'm the rich guy here! Did you make six films worth a billion five?" but you never know.

Peoplevs.George sounds like a recipe for disaster without something akin to the SecretHistory book as background for what he was thinking when the individual episode segments were under production. And without that /balanced/ look at things (which he will never give) you are never going to be able to lock him down to more than a soundbyte level of response, as what he gives out like business cards already.

If there is something to be said about 'the people' it is what Tommy Lee did in MIB: People are dumb, easily riled, overly apt to herd behaviors and generally apt to talk about four levels below their last completed gradelevel until they see something which directly stimulates their brains into 'thinking creatively' about a discrete segment of the film which often they in no way associate with past opinions, their own or otherwise.

As such, you will need to be upfront about what KIND of 'people' (documentaries about fictional events generally speak to the AR crowd so there is some hope of detail knowledge) you are speaking to as much as with. Because it's one thing to 'filter' in a past tense. It's another to have questions and interviews that drive the debate towards a particular level of intelligence as much as outcome.

Saberist

*Note that to be thorough is to be explicit in symbolism and other themic ideals as evoked by Campbell, Kurosawa and other Lucasian source material. Because of the semi-religious nature of such ideas, it will not be a 'common man's' effort. Yet because it will be the most 'documentarian' of what is apt to be a lot of divergent interview perspectives, it may grab the interest of a man whose own training was originally in this field.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size