Chefelf.com Night Life: Anakin Becomes Darth - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Anakin Becomes Darth WARNING! SPOILER PICS!

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:08 PM

Despondent sent me this pic. Pretty gruesome... and lame.

Attached File(s)

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

Not the quote down below:

An insider said: "It's awesome."

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:30 PM

First of all, I believe the top pic is fan-made. In fact, I'm almost positive it is. The bottom pic is also fan-made, to an extent. It basically composites Anakin's mech arm from Episode II with a couple pictures released of a burnt Anakin. I agree the top picture is lame, but as I said, it's fan made. As for the bottom picture, I think it looks pretty good. And he'll only be like like for a few seconds probably, so for those few seconds I'm sure it'll work well.

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

I don't think that is real. I think it's fan made too. Lucas would not release that pic. I'm sure they have not even finished designing/writing the final scene.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

yeah, well. at least the blue screen looks authentic.

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:22 AM

So... a horribly burned man, no doubt in constant excruitating agony.

Is Lucas putting this in for all the little kids who flocked to see Episode I and II over and over again?

I'm sure this will go down real well with their parents.

#7 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

Is it just me, or does it look like somebody's hand (most likely the Emperor's)
is trying to put a alcohol swab on Anakin's wounds in that pic?
I'd be reeling in pain at the sight of a alcohol swab too in that condition!

#8 User is offline   AdmiralViscen Icon

• New Cop

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Apr 28 2004, 06:34 PM)
I don't think that is real. I think it's fan made too. Lucas would not release that pic. I'm sure they have not even finished designing/writing the final scene.

Haven't they finished shooting on Episode III? All the acting is done, it's only the CG shit that's left before the film is released.

And that pic was first released two or three months ago.

#9 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:43 AM

Ok maybe he has completed the script, and maybe that is the real picture. I just don't see the logic in releasing that picture to the public.

Anakin's fall should be kept under lock and key. It's second only to the fall of vader in terms of SW climax. Why give any of it away prior to the films release?

That's one thing I hate about LucasFilms. They give away too much information. And it's near impossible to dodge all of it.

One of my favorite movies is "the truman show". Why is it my fav?

Because when I lived at home, on bowen island (very sucluded), with no cable TV or anything, I never heard anything about the movie.

One day, my sister suggested we go see a film in town. We ended up seeing the truman show, for whatever reason.

I was totally blown away to find out that his life was being filmed before the world. I had NO idea what to expect. IT was great! Everyone else around me in the theatre probably saw the trailers and read the previews and whatnot. I experienced a great thing that night. And after that, I came to the conclusion that a movie is best experienced when one has know clue as to what to expect.

I guess I just hoped that those pics are fake. I've already seen General Grievous, I know Chewbacca is in it. I guess I wanted some sweet suprises. Sure I know that Anakin is headed for evil, but in what EXACT capacity? I did not know he was going to be burned. I thought maybe cut up with lightsaber blows.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 30 April 2004 - 03:43 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#10 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:47 AM

Ok, I guess I didn't have to click on the post, but I' m only human damn it! The temptation is so great!!!!

With SW, I don't honestly care too much. And with the present state SW is in, I might aswell let the disappointment start now, rather than at the movies.

#11 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:03 AM

Hmm, looks very gruesome, could be Star Wars ep III: Hellraiser. But I wonder if George truly lets you have a close-up of Anakin looking like this considering the kids going to see this.
Is it just me or is the top picture a conceptual painting? Vwing: Why are you almost positive its fake? Know anything about its origins?

#12 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:21 AM

Principal shooting is done, but they always bring the actors back to do additional stuff/reshoots of things when they are doing the CG. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they had to bring back people especially for this scene.

#13 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (HK 47 @ Apr 30 2004, 04:03 AM)
Vwing: Why are you almost positive its fake? Know anything about its origins?

Yeah it was on theforce.net a month or two ago and they said the bottom one was a combination of pics, both conceptual and real, and that the top one is wholly conceptual, it's fan art, I believe.

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:22 AM

Just wondering, does anyone else think it's wholly impossible that Anakin could survive a trip into a volcano? I was under the impression that as molten lava can melt rocks, it can probably melt Anakin too.

Also, I'm sure you all remember in Return of the Jedi when Yoda warns Luke "Do not underestimate the powers of the emperor... or suffer your father's fate, you will."

I think now he was talking about the emperor's powers of persuasion but when I was a little kid, I took that line very literally and thought that it meant that if Luke got on the emperor's nerves, the emperor would zap him with his force lightning until he was almost dead and then he'd have to rely on a special mechanical suit with some special breathing apparatus if he wanted to live.

It probably sounds pretty stupid... I think it sounds pretty stupid honestly. But I was a kid when I thought this.

But for some reason, ever since then, the notion was stuck with me that the reason Darth Vader ended up having to depend on the special breathing apparatus and mechanical body parts was because the emperor had nearly killed him.

It may not be the best theory out there - and I'd love to hear how other people thought Anakin was transformed into Vader - but I like it a lot more than the idea that Obi Wan knocked Anakin into a volcano.

#15 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:12 AM

I'm not sure where the volcano "rumor" started, but I like your thinking for yourself as to the reason. force lightning has been shown, with inconsistancies albeit. I suppose he could have burned in a speeder crash, by spontaneous combustion, while crossing a lake of fire surrounding padme, or by a fire-breathing dragon guarding the midichlorion laden eggs. or maybe he flew too close to the sun. anyway- everyone presumes there was a lava pit. sure we saw it in Batman (acid bath,) but is there any canonical reference?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size