• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Thou Shrill A tone of compassion?

#1 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:03 PM

I'm watching the Dem's Iowa Debate from yesterday (I'm trying to watch them all this year, to be more of an Educated voter, you know) and I find myself shouting at the cspan real player window: "Shut up Bitch!".

Now I'm usually a little more open minded and willing to give the Libs a listen. I still attest that I'm better qualified to understand what they are Really saying than their average constituent, but that's what a raised eyebrow does to ones outlook.

Is anybody here really excited about Mrs. Clinton? Her delivery is at least mildly grating, and I just had to pause and make note of it. Of course I can't trust her as far as I can fart. But I'm not her target audience.

How do you good people feel about her style of delivery? Doesn't work for me.

(sorry about the crude language.)

#2 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

We get some American coverage here and I saw a debate from about a month back. I think it was a debate between republicans. One guy was a real pest and kept accusing another guy of being an isolationist and not supporting American troops and the other guy said that he was not an isolationist but a non-interventionist and then every cheered and then I stopped paying attention.
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#3 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

Gosh, Despondent, your horribly crude language makes me cringe! tongue.gif

I didn't see the debate (looking for clips now) but I can't honestly say I can criticize Hilary as a public speaker any more or less than the other candidates. Except I do hate the way she bobs her head like a cockatoo every other word.

Okay, so I found some clips of a few recent debates. The person asking the questions from yesterday absolutely grates on my nerves! Also, I'm tired of the candidates constantly making jokes. Yay, you're funny - go be a comedian. And Hilary's still bobbing.

I think Biden is probably the best public speaker out of all of them, though he can be a little wooden, and Dodd's good too, but he also comes across as too aggressive. And god, Romney still creeps me out.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

I rather dislike her delivery myself. I find that she's trying too hard to sound compassionate and calculating. Which annoys me. What I take issue with in your post was
I still attest that I'm better qualified to understand what they are

It comes across as if you're saying that liberals don't qualify as human, but as something else. And you're best equipped to figure out what.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:07 PM

Otal, what I meant is that I personally believe that Liberals will side with their party regardless of what they're being sold. If you're a thinking individual, with an ear attuned to hear the Media bias; you're probably more informed to what's actually going on (than if you just cheer for your party when they're praised in the news on a daily basis).

Ever heard of a Yellow-dog Democrat?* It's kind of like that.

*A Democrat who will (staunchly, proudly) vote for any candidate, even a Yellow-dog, as long as it's not the Republican candidate.

I still attest that I'm better qualified to understand what they are Really saying than their average constituent, but that's what a raised eyebrow does to ones outlook.

#6 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

Otal, what I meant is that I personally believe that Liberals will side with their party regardless of what they're being sold.
Well, that's the problem. It's politics of the base. Everyone presents politics that really boil themselves down to "Us versus them".

I personally agree that liberals will side with their party, and would extend that to conservatives. Because that's how modern politics work.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

Maybe so, but it's nice to be honest with ourselves. In that spirit, here's something I have to come clean with.

I actually voted Democrat once.

#8 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

tongue.gif
Who won you over to teh 3v1L side, eh?

I hate the party system and don't consider myself to be a follower of either. I just have my own beliefs and I try to pick the politician that I think will do the best for the country/state/town/whatever. Sometimes that's a republican, sometimes it's a democrat, and more often than not, doesn't matter who or what side it is that gets voted in, they suck anyway.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#9 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

I vote blue, but only because I normally hate the blue candidates slightly less than the red ones, and the best I can do is hope that petty infighting will prevent too much pro-red legislation from going through unopposed (until they start pulling stuff like attaching less strict environmental standards to bills labeled Environmental Conservation Act, and the blues either go along with it or lose their nerve). I can't not vote in protest because then I can't claim I'm doing anything, despite the system being so ridiculously broken on every single possible point that it doesn't really matter anyway, and were I in a swing state, voting for a third party would just be inviting one of the other two to win because everybody always thinks that third parties can't win.

Hillary's a bitch when it comes to her stances on issues, Obama makes some nice points sometimes about unity and stuff, but he wants the Oprah's book club demographic and only ran for the senate in IL to turn his back on the state and run for president, so I can't really trust someone who's trying to win soccer moms over and is just a jerk to his state. McCain's a war pig moron, Guliani is an even bigger moron, somehow managing to run on the fact he was a really shitty mayor when the WTC was destroyed, Romney's a creepy Mormon, Ron Paul's a libertarian... No matter what happens next year, it's going to be one horrible birthday present from the nation to me (my birthday's around election day).

Spineless, wishy-washy, greedy morons vs fascist greedy pigs. They all lie, cheat, and steal, on both sides of the fence so they can further their personal agendas. Politics are awesome. Fuck integrity.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#10 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

Exactly, Slade.

But as far as public speakers go, I changed my mind - Ron Paul is the best public speaker I've seen out of the presidential candidates.

#11 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

My vote's for Stephen Colbert.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#12 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Dec 15 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It comes across as if you're saying that liberals don't qualify as human, but as something else. And you're best equipped to figure out what.

You make a very adulteress point, comrade.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

Wow a Despondent topic where I don't disagree (as in disagreeing with a molotov cocktail)
Hilary is indeed useless. The democrats should have learned a lesson with Kerry that finding a middle of the road electable watered down idiot is not going to get them anyones votes. Tom Tancredo may want to nuke Saudi Arabia and build a wall around the US, but the guy has ideas. Hilary has a vague idea that all Americans should have health care at some point in time, which is shared by, ya know, everyone, ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Between no ideas and bad ideas, people will get behind the bad ideas.

I'm supporting Obama. He's a guy who has a chance and seems genuinely nice and different in that he's willing to talk to other world leaders (wasn't there a time when that was a quality EXPECTED of a US president?) I WANT to support Kucinich but what's the use? He's too good to win. On the Republican side I feel somewhat warm towards Huckabee. He's criticized Bush and appears to be a decent guy for an evangelical. Plus he has a cute name that I heart. Giuliani versus Clinton would be my ideal battle, provided it was a real battle and Clinton butchered the scheming prig. Honestly. He was the mayor of a city when a plane hit a building. And people talk about Obama's experience? Fuck someone drive a truck into my house, I'll tell people that its perfectly safe while they choke on the smoke from the raging inferno, and then a few years later I'll be running top spot in the republican primaries.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#14 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Snake Logan @ Dec 15 2007, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make a very adulteress point, comrade.

My point is adulteress? I must divorce it at once, then!
Seriously, what on earth did you mean?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#15 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Dec 18 2007, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My point is adulteress? I must divorce it at once, then!
Seriously, what on earth did you mean?

I guess people don’t watch The Simpsons in America.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size