Chefelf.com Night Life: Yahtzee, you fucking bastard - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Yahtzee, you fucking bastard

#1 User is offline   sqweek Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

So I'm idling in irc one night (as usual), and I get linked to some "zero punctuation" review of the orange box. I'm not particularly keen on game reviews, and being a linux geek who doesn't own a TV let alone a console somewhat limits my gaming options, but I'm still vaguely interested in "state-of-the-art" and I don't exactly have any other pressing business so I check it out.

An hour later, I'm STILL watching zero punctuation, and enjoying myself to the point that despite a general irritation with episodic entertainment I'm actually looking forward to each wednesday (or thursday, for those of us in time zones from the future) where I can watch in delight as a game which I've heard nothing about aside from the title gets ripped to shreds.

So I keep checking back, and suddenly the news is all like "whee Art of Theft" so I give it a squizz and I don't mind a bit of stealth gameplay so I grab it and it works under wine so I get to play! Had fun, though the wire cutting still confuses me a bit...

Anyway, it got me curious about what other games you were involved with. Now in retrospect, if I'd paid a little bit more attention I wouldn't be so surprised and might not be licking your arse so much, but despite the name similarity not once in my wildest dreams did I expect to see Arthur FUCKING Yahtzee at the bottom of that games page! My god. I ran across those games years ago, and maybe it's the nostalgia talking but they were the absolute, uh, "dogs bollocks" I believe it was.

You broke my awesometer, you absolute bastard.

CURRENT MOOD: blink.gif Incredulous
-sqweek

PS. I've no idea what your development process is like, but if you're interested in help, I know my way around code.

#2 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

He works alone, and now, usually in the AGS system.

those Yahtzee games were actually pretty awesome for the time and quality of freeware at the time; not to mention he coded them himself.

and for the wire cutting . . . it's random which ones work. Get electrician; it turns one wrong choice into a right choice.

#3 User is offline   eflatmajor Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

Actually the wires remain the same for each level. So if you memorise which ones apply to which you wont have any problems, may require some trial and error though.

I never got why he says he updates on Wednesday when his updates appear on Thursdays in Australia time. Unless im thinking of the wrong time and he updates on the stroke of midnight 1 or 2 hours after my assumed midnight

This post has been edited by eflatmajor: 13 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

#4 User is offline   sqweek Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (eflatmajor @ Dec 13 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the wires remain the same for each level. So if you memorise which ones apply to which you wont have any problems, may require some trial and error though.

My experience differs. I'm quite sure I've had different results cutting the same wire. Maybe that was thanks to electrician (based on the assertion that it has a chance to get you out of jail).

QUOTE (eflatmajor)
I never got why he says he updates on Wednesday when his updates appear on Thursdays in Australia time. Unless im thinking of the wrong time and he updates on the stroke of midnight 1 or 2 hours after my assumed midnight

I assume because it's actually the Escapist which claims a wednesday update, and they operate on some other time zone. Not that I have any evidence for this - the timestamp on the GH3 vid is a wonderfully ambiguous "13 Dec 2007 2:12 am".
-sqweek

#5 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:10 AM

the wires are random. The random doesn't always kick in everytime, though, because the AGS engine works differently on different computers.

#6 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

I didn't know about that.

This post has been edited by Blueskirt: 13 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

#7 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hee hee, this is nice to see an incredibly old fan pop up.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size