• +
  • Last »

I hate America Viva my misguided idealism

#31 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

Or, we could give Mexico back the land we practically stole from them, which includes California and Arizona, and that would also resolve the "problem" of the tiny strip connecting the Baja Peninsula to the rest of Mexico.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#32 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

And we could go back in time and apologize for keeping Panama until 2000, and give Hawaii back to the native Hawaiians and apologize for the hostile takeover. But then there's also Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosov, Korea, Vietnam, the Latin American country that Bush 1 invaded, torched, and left in a week over I think Christmas, Cuba, et. al.

I dunno, Spoon. It's sounding a whole lot easier to pretend we didn't make any mistakes than apologize and do something helpful. And we'd need a good bit of time travel, too. sad.gif

I hate America. It was founded on all of these great principles and set such high hopes and goals for itself, and never met most of them. It's also run by the wealthy and corrupt and self-serving who repeatedly and systematically try to undo/undermine all of the good that the founders did, and everybody hates me when I bring up how it's gone belly-up, like I'm supposed to stay complacent just because I haven't been shot for complaining that there are very realistic goals and expectations of the country that never seem to be met.

This post has been edited by Slade: 12 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#33 User is offline   azerty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Hey American buddies!

I've been driving across the Excited States of America and now in California. Most people are OK I guess, but how many times do I have to hear "What da fuck YOU lookin at?" That phrase doesn't exist anywhere but here. I don't even know what it means, but I guess it's some sort of Seppo challenge.

Typical US bullshit though, cause when you step up they always say "Whoa, dude don't worry about it..." right as you are about to start talking to them.

You know I saw this commercial on US TV tonight (how can you not, TV here is nothing BUT commercials) and it was an add for some kind of sandwich. Two women are sitting on a park bench and one of them is eating a sandwich, and the point of this commercial is that the good looking sort suddenly says to the other one "I hate you" because she feels that SHE should be eating this sandwich, not the other one.

What the fuck kind of ad is that? I guess its just they way Americans think. The TV shows are just as bad. I saw "Greys Anatomy" for the first time the other day (because someone reccomended it), and I swear to God every single character was unpleasant to every other character for the entire show.

Yeah, it's just a TV show... and it isn't even one of the violent ones like this other show "Cops" (Which is a jolly programme about American policemen stomping on the citizens for fun and profit), and did you know they have an entire channel on the television called "Court TV" or something, where you can be amused by Americans suing each other 24 hours a day. That's entertainment!

These Americans... Everybody hates them: they hate each other. They are scared to walk around at night, they are scared of getting raped, they are scared of the bacteria on their toilet bowls, they are especially afraid of terrorists, in fact there isn't anything that they AREN"T scared of. Except getting fat - they sure as hell ain't scared of that.

And yet... every one of them has this idea that every person in every other country secretly desires to come here to live their American beautiful lifestyle. Sure, other places might not be too bad, but its not like the fantastic free life we have here! Other countries are kind of old and dirty, you can't really trust anyone, the streets aren't exactly safe, the food is unhygenic, nothing is really wholesome and good like here in the good ole USA.

I've only been here a week and already some guy has shot a bunch of christmas shoppers in some mall and some girl has hanged herself in a closet. That kind of shit doesn't happen anywhere but here, and yet the Seppos somehow believe that this kind of thing is more or less normal.

None of them have ever been anywhere else, so I guess it's not their fault.

#34 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

Slade, I was just responding to mireaux's post where he thinks Mexico should give us the Baja strip so that the map wouldn't look as funny. I wasn't actually suggesting we go find Doc Brown and make it so - I shudder to think of that Delorian being in the hands of the U.S. government... tongue.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#35 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 13 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slade, I was just responding to mireaux's post where he thinks Mexico should give us the Baja strip so that the map wouldn't look as funny. I wasn't actually suggesting we go find Doc Brown and make it so - I shudder to think of that Delorian being in the hands of the U.S. government... tongue.gif

Looks funny? The world secretly makes fun of you guys because of Florida for the same reason everyone makes fun of Scandinavia. Get rid of Florida now before you’re made a laughing stock!
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#36 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:17 AM

But I thought it was supposed to be cool to have a phallus?

#37 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Dec 12 2007, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And we could go back in time and apologize for keeping Panama until 2000, and give Hawaii back to the native Hawaiians and apologize for the hostile takeover. But then there's also Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosov, Korea, Vietnam, the Latin American country that Bush 1 invaded, torched, and left in a week over I think Christmas, Cuba, et. al.

I dunno, Spoon. It's sounding a whole lot easier to pretend we didn't make any mistakes than apologize and do something helpful. And we'd need a good bit of time travel, too. sad.gif

Is that any better than the Germans pretending they didn't kill 9 or so million people in the Holocaust and a whole bunch more in two world wars? Or Russia glossing over the millions of Ukrainians that communism killed? How about Britain screwing around in the Middle East and giving us a century of war there?

I think it's equally silly to pretend the US is any more guilty of mistakes than the rest of the world.

I hate America. It was founded on all of these great principles and set such high hopes and goals for itself, and never met most of them. It's also run by the wealthy and corrupt and self-serving who repeatedly and systematically try to undo/undermine all of the good that the founders did.

Show me a country that stayed true to its ideals for centuries, and I'll show you Mongolia under the Khanate. Sure, their ideal was rapin' and pillaging the world, but you gotta admit, they stuck to their guns and kept at it for a while.

At least we have the principals. At least we have people who try. At least we haven't produced a Hitler, a Stalin, or a Mao. Are those enough to make me happy? Nope, but they are enough to make me hopeful.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#38 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:08 AM

But we have produced a George W. Bush tongue.gif

And I think he was being sarcastic and reflecting the views of the American Powers that Be when he said we should just pretend we didn't make any mistakes etc. At least I hope so.

#39 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:38 AM

While other nations have learnt from their historical mistakes, the people of the United States never seem to. Probably because people there tend to have a very short memory.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#40 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

I'm sorry. What are we talking about again?

#41 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

tongue.gif You make me chuckle, Despondent.

#42 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:14 PM

America needs cheese. American intelligence indicates that Switzerland has weapons of mass destruction.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#43 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:45 PM

If we needed cheese, why the hell would we go to Switzerland? That'd be like invading Belgium for oil.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#44 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

This thread is about hating America. I'd bring up all of the other tyrannical acts by all of the other countries were we in a thread about them.

QUOTE (Snaaaaake)
While other nations have learnt from their historical mistakes, the people of the United States never seem to. Probably because people there tend to have a very short memory.
As scary as it is to say this, I agree with you. Though to be fair, we should say "The people in power", not just "the people".
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#45 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

Also, you have to remember that a nation with so much power, influence, and money is so much more in the spotlight. Everyone's looking for us to screw up, so we see all the mistakes in bold and yellow highlighter. Other countries, no one really cares about them anymore. I'd say Sudan is a pretty sucky country, but SO many people don't know or care about the crisis in Darfur because it's not America. I'm sure other countries are making mistakes, too - but they're not really important enough for anyone to bother paying attention to, or because they're a smaller country with less money, power, and influence, that their mistakes are on a much smaller scale. Kinda like how everyone pays attention to the serial killer that has killed 67 people in 43 states, and the killer becomes part of people's every day small talk; but no one knows about the local man who just held up a 7-11.

America's just cooler to hate on.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size