• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

I hate America Viva my misguided idealism

#1 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:07 AM

I hate America. If this were a better country, I could earn enough money to leave it. Of course, then it wouldn't be such a bad country as I couldn't complain about how I couldn't earn money.

I hate America. If this were a better country, I could determine who gets to be in power and we wouldn't need anyone else's input as to who would be in charge. Dictatorships rule.

I hate America. If this were a better country, we would not have a writer's strike and therefore be able to continue giving the rest of the world quality programs that they prefer. Of course, we have 11 more months of political discussion ahead and the world seems interested enough in that. If we were a better country, nobody would pay attention to our processes as well as our entertainment.

I hate America. Why don't we do something about global warming besides bring up the fact that major polluters which are undeveloped countries will never do anything to correct their contributions to the problem. If we were undeveloped, we could also take the high ground in doing nothing.

I hate America. The plugs aren't powerful enough even though I can watch tv, type on a computer and play my video games. And what's with the two prong plugs? Every time I come to this country to do whatever it is that's important enough for me to be here I have to remind myself: I hate America.

I hate America. It's more than a slogan, it's an attitude that makes me feel earnest and virtuous. I'm a little red dot in a big blue state. If I'm a female priest and I want to marry a lesbian deacon, I want to be able to rub it in the faces of 350 million people and I can't because the vast right-wing conspiracies are keeping me down.

I hate America. All those darned Mexicans must be pretty stupid alright. Coming here for a better life? Don't they know that they're actually bettering our country and therefore reducing the nation status of Mexico? Now There's your land of opportunity.

I hate America. But I do want to be more popular around here, so let me say it again. I hate America.

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

Haha, that's rich. I like that, Despondent. I have some serious issues with the way some things are done here, but I, too, tire of the increasingly popular America-bashing that comes mostly from either people that don't know what they're talking about because they don't live here and therefore have never experienced the good stuff America has to offer, or people that don't know what they're talking about because they've always lived here and therefore have never experienced not having the good stuff that America has to offer.

However, I also hate it when people get all egotistical and uber-ethnocentric and think it's okay to go blow up people in other countries for stupid reasons because America rawks so hard.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

I hate America. Why don't we do something about global warming besides bring up the fact that major polluters which are undeveloped countries will never do anything to correct their contributions to the problem. If we were undeveloped, we could also take the high ground in doing nothing.

Oh come on. That's your argument? "A few other very poor countries aren't doing it, so we shouldn't?" We're taking our lead from India, where people bathe in a river consisting largely of raw sewage, and China where mothers toss newborn daughters out with the trash? Hey, when no one would bomb and terrorize Iraq with us, we sure seemed pretty pro active about going it alone. But I guess an opportunity for a war is just too much cooler than a chance to actually save a dying planet.

If I'm a female priest and I want to marry a lesbian deacon, I want to be able to rub it in the faces of 350 million people and I can't because the vast right-wing conspiracies are keeping me down.

I can easily understand your argument. I purpose the following response: Straight people only want to get married so they can rub it in my face.

I hate America. If this were a better country, I could determine who gets to be in power and we wouldn't need anyone else's input as to who would be in charge. Dictatorships rule.

Wow, its too bad the only choice we have is between a bloodthirsty republic where the same talking heads keep getting elected to do the same thing to the world and to the poor, or a totalitarian nightmare... Oh wait, that's because that's not how it goes.

I hate America. But I do want to be more popular around here, so let me say it again. I hate America.

Oh come on you've been here long enough to know that I've been a red commie fucker for a long time. I organized my first anti war march before the US invaded Afghanistan, and I don't think it was too popular when I started laughing as I heard the Pentagon got bombed. Why is it that when anti war sentiment is unpopular, people accuse you of being an unpatriotic deviant(granted), but when it does become popular people will say everyones just following the crowd.

No, I think the crowd-following group would consist of people who allowed themselves to be whipped into a rabid-frothing frenzy between 9/11 and Iraq War 2.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#4 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

Jm, that first argument wasn't that we should do nothing. It was sarcasm making the point that we Americans get all the blame for environmental issues, when there are multiple other countries that are to blame, but even if those other countries aren't doing anything about it, they get painted as environmental saints just because they aren't us. At least that's how I read it.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 05 December 2007 - 01:43 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Dec 5 2007, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I started laughing as I heard the Pentagon got bombed.

Free speech ought to be banned. Another reason I hate America.

#6 User is offline   azerty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

I thought it WAS banned. Didn't Don Imus get fired for having an opinion about something or other and voicing it?

Despondent is pretty funny, actually.

#7 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

Someone getting fired for saying such and so has nothing to do with free speech. A private entity such as a corporation or small company or household or whatever has every right to fire or kick someone out if they say or do something they don't agree with. However, unless he says something that is one of the "exceptions" to the free speech amendment, he can't get arrested or whatever. I would be rich if I had a dollar for every time I've needed to explain this.

#8 User is offline   azerty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

What about the Dixie Chicks then?

Anyway, I hear Imus is back... I mean, we feel for the nappy headed ho's of course, but we're talking about 15 million in advertising. It's like you feel sorry for that poor chinese guy who got run over by the tank in Tiananmen square and all... but there are 1.3 billion chinks that could be buying Coca Cola right now. Get the priorities straight.

Anyway, I lost all repect for that basketball team, because when Imus apologized, some news chap asked the girls if they forgave him and the team replied "We are in the process of forgiving him."

What the fuck does "In the Process" mean? Either say "That tosser Imus can go piss up a rope" or say "Ok, let's go get a pizza."

It's funny how there is always some American who gets defensive about free speech, and the lack thereof in the USA. I trying to think of somewhere I have been where you have to be more careful about what you say than here, but my mind is a blank.

I mean, didn't the whole Rodney King case revolve around the fact that it's fine for police to beat the shit out of somebody, just don't call him a nigger while you are doing it?

#9 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

President Bush responded to the controversy surrounding the Dixie Chicks in an interview with Tom Brokaw on April 24:
“The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind. They can say what they want to say ... They shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out ... Freedom is a two-way street ... I don't really care what the Dixie Chicks said. I want to do what I think is right for the American people, and if some singers or Hollywood stars feel like speaking out, that's fine. That's the great thing about America..."

Please. The Dixie Chicks only had problems because they pissed off their fans. There were no legal repercussions.

And calling someone the n-word is one of those exceptions to the amendment - "hate speech used to incite violence" or something. People should seriously research what they're about to criticize.

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

I hate America. They spread PC bullshit, reality TV concepts, awful top 40 music, all over the world but don't share any of their awsome candy and sweets. I'm sick of all the crap I've had to put up with from America without once tasting a ho-ho, smore, milk-duds, and other goodies.

Please start exporting your junkfood.

#11 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

There is, right now, an Ann Coulter banner ad on the top of this page. That's amazing.

Is Google Adsense able to detect sarcasm?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#12 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (azerty @ Dec 6 2007, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it WAS banned. Didn't Don Imus get fired for having an opinion about something or other and voicing it?

Despondent is pretty funny, actually.

It is. When Muslims went crazy in Europe and the Middle East because someone dared to draw Mohammed then American broadcasters refused to allow their writers and artists to depict Mohammed in their shows because many writers and artists wanted to show their solidarity for free speech with the Danish cartoonists. Democracy doesn’t exist when a violent minority can control a relatively peaceful majority. We are talking about apartheid all over again. Except the majority is not only being kept in line by violence but also political correctness, which can be much worse. Though I am not for free speech because I know that most people are too shallow to care about airing their opinions on important issues, the last thing I want is a Dhimmi government in charge.
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#13 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

Barend, if you're brave enough to give me your address, I might ship you some cheap junk food and call it my random act of really weird charity for the year tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 06 December 2007 - 12:36 AM
Reason for edit:: messed up my smiley

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Dec 5 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barend, if you're brave enough to give me your address, I might ship you some cheap junk food and call it my random act of really weird charity for the year:P

Awsome!

oh wait... is this going to be like that 'nude photo'? dry.gif

#15 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Haha. I forgot about that.

No, I'll either not get around to it and send you nothing, or I'll send you a real box of America's greatest contribution to the world: obesity. And by that I mean I'll send you some Hohos and Dingdongs or whatever. tongue.gif

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size