• +
  • Last »

dumb commercials man, I feel like insulted

#31 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:56 PM

Strange how this popped up when I have an article on diaper commercials posted right now...

#32 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:43 PM

it doesn't make me uncomfortable, it's just that they keep paying people to make ads, and it's the same add, over and over again for the last 20+ years... at least shampoo adds, who are guilty of the smae thing have been introducing better special effects, longer words like with Panteens new Molecularmakehairprettier strand... (i made that up), and different hair cuts...

but with higene products, i guess i just hate the thought of all that blue gatorade going to waste... over the years. some of them use computer generated arrows...

i mean there has been the odd good one, where Naomi Watts borrowed her boyfriends jeans, the one where the girl uses it cover up a murder by soaking up the blood before the police get there, and where they fix that waterbed (although i think that was for something else).

maybee if they threw in some kung fu, cartoon talking animals, interesting music, or something.
i guess female hygene products are more apropriate for billboards and magazines... there's not enough exiting about them to warrent a TV add.

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

now bra adds, are made for TV...

prrrrrrrrrrrrr...

#34 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

I remember In Living Color, a comedy sketch show, did a take off on having the Judds (daughter-mother country act- you remember) doing a douche ad. lets see, how did it go?

(sung, of course)

Give a little P-U-S-H...,
like mother and daughter.

Give a little S-Q-U-E-E-Z-E...,
with vinegar
and water.

that genre of ads would only bother me when mom or grandparents were in the room.
But ever since I showed them "Waiting for Guffman," ("You fucked my wife? where'd you get balls big enough to tell me- You fucked my wife?", and of course the chinese dinner scene) those nerves have been singed.

(Perhaps I've been insensitive on this post? I made sure to spell douche correctly.)

#35 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:27 PM

Has anybody seen those "MTV for voting" commercials? Where the people complain for ten minutes about how their vote doesn't matter, then say "But I'm gonna vote anyway"?

Those are dumb.

#36 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:10 PM

Most MTV spots are. I especially hate the "This is not a commercial for MTV" ones. They make me angry.

#37 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:03 AM

I hate the political campaign radio ads where, yeah, there's something kind of clever (yet followed by a scratchy needle on lp record version of a rim shot) the FIRST SEVENTY TIMES it's played. If only I got green stamps for each time they play this spot in particular, I'd be driving home a Nova from the S&H showroom.

If they ran 10% LESS airtime, they could use that money for copy/talent/production time and be 100% more effective by at least alternating their ads. sheeesh; Calgon! take me away!

#38 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

I just remembered another one. I think Leno pointed it out (where I recall it from, anyway) this guy's at the local bijou, and he's squirming from the itching of his hemorroids. Ok, so he goes to the bathroom and loads up on some cooling gel for his itching, burning rear end.

then we see his relief. He's (again) sitting in the dark theater but now he's smiling. Then he reaches into his ladyfriend's popcorn (!) and munches away, gaily as ever.

#39 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

with the goop still on his hands?

#40 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

Naturally!

I really hate those "Nothing to justify" Diet Coke commercials. They're all just dumb things that show a woman getting into a potentially embarassing situation, which she avoids by drinking Diet Coke. WHAT THE FUCK!?

#41 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:16 AM

That sounds like those damn Mentos commercials.

#42 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:26 AM

I like the way Diet Coke adds objectify men. kind evens things up.

#43 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:48 AM

Or Australian Beer commercials. According to Australian Beer Commercials, men are complete idiots and are actually proud of their stupidity. I loved one that showed some guys carrying a fridge down some stairs - and it was completely filled with cans of beer for them to drink when they got it down the bottom.

Idiots!!!

#44 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

comercials and most TV shows go out of their way to portray men as stupid and women as the ones who always save the day in a cheap attept to patrionize women into buying things. see, you show a sexy woman next to a product, and your typical mainstream moron guy, will think "wow, she's hot, and she seams to hang around that product alot. hey iwonder.. If i had that product.... " and then buy it. so you show an add that shows that men are dumb, and your typical mainstream moron girl will think "how cleaver, that's so true, they know what they're talking about, i so identify with TV, I should buy that!" then buy it!

they're insulting us all.... unfortunatley it works on your typical mainstream moron society

This post has been edited by barend: 19 May 2004 - 09:35 PM

#45 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

they're insulting us all

They are indeed, Barend. Now, what shall we do to them? dry.gif

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply