• +

foods you ate as a kid ..or sometimes still do as an adult

#16 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

Despy: Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Booberry. Am I missing any?

Spoon: Eww. Veggies, when you could be chowing down on some delicious sugary snack that didn't make your parents happy when you ate it? tongue.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#17 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yes, veggies... sad.gif Cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, and broccoli are like my candy! Not to mention such yummy fruits like kiwi, strawberry, raspberries, and pomegranates...

I loved those lunch snacks, too, Janey - Fruit Roll Ups were a big favourite, and I also loved when my Japanese friend would bring me Pocky or those funny little Koala crackers filled with chocolate stuff.

I didn't get much junk food when I was a kid. It wasn't something my parents liked to spend their limited amount of money on. But we had a super awesome vegetable garden, and it was the coolest thing to be able to eat something that I made grow myself, and it was so yummy. smile.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#18 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Nov 29 2007, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, veggies... sad.gif Cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, and broccoli are like my candy! Not to mention such yummy fruits like kiwi, strawberry, raspberries, and pomegranates...

I loved those lunch snacks, too, Janey - Fruit Roll Ups were a big favourite, and I also loved when my Japanese friend would bring me Pocky or those funny little Koala crackers filled with chocolate stuff.

I didn't get much junk food when I was a kid. It wasn't something my parents liked to spend their limited amount of money on. But we had a super awesome vegetable garden, and it was the coolest thing to be able to eat something that I made grow myself, and it was so yummy. smile.gif

I'm a food freak, so I can vouch for the awesomeness of fresh produce. Pomegranates are getting strangely popular around here lately. I think it's wonderful that they are. Insanely healthy fruit...
I also dig on berries to an almost unhealthy degree.

#19 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

Yay, I'm not alone! biggrin.gif

*munches an insanely awesome pomegranate* Just opened it today! laugh.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#20 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

I'm actually really big on citrus fruits too. I've been steadily plugging away at a crate of clementines for a couple of weeks now.

#21 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

Clementines are, for some reason, the only citrus fruit I've ever liked. And I love to do fun things with the crates they come in!

...I need a life. tongue.gif

#22 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Nov 29 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clementines are, for some reason, the only citrus fruit I've ever liked. And I love to do fun things with the crates they come in!

...I need a life. tongue.gif

Citrus forts?

#23 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

Pepsi Twist? That was the one with lemon, right? Yeah, that was really good, although it might be better to make your own with Pepsi and lemon juice. I've never tried it.

I don't remember the taste of Pepsi Blue, but I remember that the carbonation was a lot stronger than it should have been, which wasn't good at all. I hate it when the bubbles are too hard, although I suppose I could have just shaken it up first...

And then Pepsi Summer Mix came along and ruined Pepsi for me forever because it tasted like gummy bears. Melted gummy bears and Pepsi.

@Citrus forts: The clementine crates in Canada must be a lot bigger than I've ever seen. Citrus helmets, maybe.

This post has been edited by Ninja Duck: 30 November 2007 - 12:42 AM

#24 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:39 AM

Dear gods! Where were our moms when all of this was going down.

Cold pizza topped with Doritos. Usually that’s what we ate after all-nighter Nintendo and Sega marathons. So at least every Friday and Saturday. And Mountain Dew. Lots and lots of Mountain Dew.

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Nov 29 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Booberry. Am I missing any?

You missed the Werewolf one, Slade. Hokey name, I think they were stretching it.

Janey, my nephews came to visit over Thanksgiving and I made sure we had lots of variety packs of frito-lay brand snacks, and plenty of Capri Sun.

I love crates of any kind.

The kidsmeal at Burger Chef was one of the first. Predates the Happy Meal by years.

#26 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

For some reason I ate a lot of radishes and cottage cheese as a kid... hell I still do but on a less grand scale.

#27 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

Sports Shakes from seven eleven rocked, but are now nearly extinct. Why? They were a shake for people who played sports. Kinda like a proto energy drink.

Crystal Pepsi was so rockin cuz it was clear cola, or something.

Jolt was a necessity for me, though my parents wouldnt buy it for me (can't think why)

When I was younger I loved peanut butter and banana sammiches, sometimes with chocolate syrup.

And Jane, I too fiended for those fruit things. I nearly shoplifted a box of Gushers when I was like six.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#28 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

When I was a kid I couldn't resist wax lips. I'm pretty sure they are not actually food, but I loved them. kiss.gif

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Nov 29 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pomegranates are getting strangely popular around here lately.
Pomegranates are good, but so much work.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 04 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size