Chefelf.com Night Life: Forum Upgrade Wednesday, November 7 - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Forum Upgrade Wednesday, November 7 Around 10:00AM EST

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

We are preforming the upgrade to the new software tomorrow morning at 10:00AM EST. The boards will be shut down at 8:00AM and with any luck should be back up by the mid afternoon.

Thanks for your patience and keep your fingers crossed! smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:39 AM

The upgrade went off without a hitch. Other than a few really stupid errors on my part it took about 10 mintues total. The boards were down from 8:00AM to 9:35AM EST and are now back up and working.

You'll notice the look of the boards is not as you recognize. I'm working on getting that up and running.

Thanks!

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

You're not alive to me.

Only joking, good upping of the grade Chief of the Elves!
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#4 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

Wow, it's less different than I imagined, and yet still so different. tongue.gif Awesome job on the smooth upgrade.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:45 AM

The real differences are kinda subtle. If you view someone's profile you'll see some pretty big differences.

#6 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:10 AM

I don't know if it's this computer or something buggy with the forums, but none of the pictures are showing up on IE 7.0. Just all those little red x's. It was working fine on the Mac Safari I was on a minute ago, though... So maybe it's just this compy?

And I like some of the changes to the profiles, but is there some way that we can select what we want displayed on our profiles? For instance, I don't really like having what topics I've created in the past (yeah, all 7 of them over two years tongue.gif) right up front in huge letters and stuff. I mean, I can deal with it if there's no other option, but if there is a way to turn that off, I'd like that (I already looked for one in the control options and couldn't find one).
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

A serious problem I mentioned a month in relation to the colours.

The whiteness is hurting my eyes. I see dots and strings with too many white backgrounds.
Is there a way or option to change the colours like on the bars, text window and background (like the blue background you had before?)

Another issue which I am not happy about is seeing those subjects on my profiles. It is a bit intrusive to be able to just look at what someone posts without seeing everyone elses reply.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 07 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

#8 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

I think both of those issues, Spoon & Dee, have been resolved. I will be monkeying around with the skins for the next little bit so the graphics may come and go.

As for the profile options, I'm not sure there's any changes that can fix that. You can try browsing through your profile for the time being.

The skin images, at the moment, should be working. You must've been browsing as I was changing things around. smile.gif

#9 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

I like the responsiveness of the posting speed.

I don't know if this is too soon to ask on two things:

Ratings and people writing comments on others. (My taste of subjects and posts might not suit everybody) but I wouldn't want to be rated in any case. Can it be disabled or can I choose to disable mine? (I have no intentions of rating or writing bad things about people on their profiles.)

Another sight issue: Can you unbold the Group types in the avatar. It keeps on catching my eye everytime I browse down which is distractingly annoying. (Basically stealing my attention from the subject and makes a highlightable pattern on my screen than the contents when I scroll down.)

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 07 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

#10 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:50 AM

I'll look into both those things but I'm not sure if they're modifiable at the moment.

#11 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

Uh, the pictures are working fine now? *shrug* Sorry, guess it was this computer...

#12 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

My personal messaging page isn't working. Nothing happens on the link. I know it will probably work soon but I am worried about another thing on that menu:

Empty PM Folders

I accidentally clicked this thinking another menu was in it's place.

Only when I saw the delete on the link.
Now I wonder if it emptied all my messages if it is partially working.
That function is camouflaged to be easily mistaken.
Can it be customized off the menu or can I have it removed from my profile?

#13 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:05 PM

Ooh, that's new.

And I'm still getting invision's basic layouty thing, rather than the typical AT-AT. And I've tried the good old refresh, and its not happening. So.. one of those. Yeah.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, the skin should be down for a while. Putting up the traditional skin kinda messes with the layout at the moment. I'm trying to get that fixed.

Dee, thanks for pointing out the PM problem. I'm going to have to look into that as well.

#15 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

Whoa! New board! You know what the scary thing is? I had a dream last night that the board was upgraded, except in my dream is was this ugly steel and red color or something. I also didn't see this thread yesterday, so to the best of my knowledge, I didn't know it was coming. Horribly pathetic pseudo-prophetic vision? Dumb coincidence? You be the judge!

I like it so far, Nately. I'm seeing no problems on this clunky old work computer.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size