• « First

Yahtzee rhymes with Nazi!

#46 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (tanaka @ Nov 5 2007, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for why America seems so obsessed with WWII, here's my theory. It's the one time in our history that our entire population was entirely behind something. All the efforts and sacrifices made by the American civilians, coming out of a depression, it was a unifying experience. And we haven't had that sort of unity and single-mindedness since then, so we try to remember the "good ol' days" by using WWII as a backdrop for so many of our movies and games.

Well, except for all the Nazi supporters and people of Japanese descent who were detained during WW2.

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Nov 5 2007, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you beat the British and got independence, who hasn't (apart from Canada, Australia, etc.)?

Who are independant and didn't have to fight a war over it...incidently, the American Civil War would have needed a better reason for ahppening, as Britain banned slavery some time before that.

Also using the phrase "beating the British" to mean "the French started looking scary so the British pulled out to deal with the serious problem" is pushing it a bit.

#47 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

Britain may not have had slavery, but they sold orphans.

Orphans.

orphans

#48 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (tanaka @ Nov 4 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see what the big deal is. So Yahtzee made a few jokes about America? It's the popular thing to do nowadays.

'Lol'

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Nov 5 2007, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I agree that you may have found a possible reason, I think it's probably just because it's the only war America have won outright. So, you beat the British and got independence, who hasn't (apart from Canada, Australia, etc)?

I resent that. We still are independent, more or less, and there once was talk that we should become a republic. I wouldn't really care. I would prefer if we had our own monarchy, just get the one from Denmark. Nothing more fun then royals to adore and to make scandels about.

Also, about the 'lol' thing. When I said that I didn't want to bring you down to my level I meant I didn't want to bring down the high standard of grammer. Also, it's not so much 'bring you down', it's more 'don't want you to think of me as an idiotic 4chan prick'.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#49 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Sniffles @ Nov 5 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Britain may not have had slavery, but they sold orphans.

This actually never happened.

Never Happened

#50 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:02 PM

Some would claim the same about the holocaust.

... errr, HOLOCAUST.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#51 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Rugby. PS3. PC. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Die. Woah, scrap that last one!

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Patch @ Nov 5 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I resent that. We still are independent, more or less, and there once was talk that we should become a republic. I wouldn't really care. I would prefer if we had our own monarchy, just get the one from Denmark. Nothing more fun then royals to adore and to make scandels about.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear, it was merely to do with the fact that you didn't fight us. Although Australia was where we sent all our criminals once... what does that say?
And yes, making fun of the royal family is brilliant fun!" laugh.gif
Tiredness can kill! Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.

#52 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Nov 5 2007, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This actually never happened.

Never Happened

Yes it did. Read Oliver Twist. Or watch the musical. There's a song called "Boy for Sale". Mr. Bumble is selling poor old Oliver to some nasty undertaker. He's selling an orphan. JUST LIKE I SAID MOTHERFUCKER.

#53 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Sniffles @ Nov 5 2007, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it did. Read Oliver Twist. Or watch the musical. There's a song called "Boy for Sale". Mr. Bumble is selling poor old Oliver to some nasty undertaker. He's selling an orphan. JUST LIKE I SAID MOTHERFUCKER.

Ok, just to clear this up, this is a joke right? You do know the difference between fiction and reality don't you? And anyway, one evil man doesn't represent a whole country (well, actually, half the time it does... look at the topic title for starters!) even if it were true! Oh well, this sort of thing was never legal at any rate!

#54 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

Yes because we all went around in the 19th century selling Orphens eating gruel to be chimney sweeps and walking down cobbled streets to toffy shops.

This is why we are know for our sarcasm, and people take it too seriously.

#55 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Nov 6 2007, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes because we all went around in the 19th century selling Orphens eating gruel to be chimney sweeps and walking down cobbled streets to toffy shops.

This is why we are know for our sarcasm, and people take it too seriously.

Or as the Americans believe, we still do. (Generalisation, only some Americans are retarded)

#56 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Nov 6 2007, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or as the Americans believe, we still do. (Generalisation, only some Americans are retarded)

Does 'some' count as a majority?

Australia needs to be less like America and more like England.
Anyway.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#57 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Nov 6 2007, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although Australia was where we sent all our criminals once... what does that say?

We are like America in various ways? They only sent "criminals" to Australia once they couldn't send any to America anymore. Oh...and those noble, free settlers and all, which all modern American are descended from, it seems.

#58 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:24 AM

America smells like fish. But nice fish. Fish are stupid however.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#59 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Nov 4 2007, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Mainly Britain, because they were the first people to go to America, and stick around!

Nope. Spanish, dude.
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#60 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (?!! @ Nov 6 2007, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope. Spanish, dude.

Yes but they settled in mexico, after killing the populace and taking all the gold

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size