Chefelf.com Night Life: Asleep? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Asleep? Asleep...

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:33 AM

Sleepwalking and sleeptalking is always fun. So this is a thread about both.

I discovered at uni that getting absolutly hammered usually resulted in much sleepwalking, and the odd round of sleeptalking. Only two stories spring to mind, but they're both very good. Or immature, whatever.

Story the first.
Having got in comparitivly early from a nights heavy drinking, I staggered into my room (which was my room in halls, which I shared with this guy), and collapsed into bed. Night night.

Next morning, I stagger out of bed, to find anything to kill the hangover, and said roommate hollers up at me from the landing below "You pissed in the sink last night!". Which obviously I hadn't, as I'd have remembered it. Only it turns out I had.

HAving slept from a bit, I had got up, and tried staggering to the door and opening it. Now this door, while difficultly opened with a key from the outside, opens just by turning a turny thing before opening the door when its locked. This completly failed to register for me, who kept turning the door handle unsuccessfully, while my roommate looked on and laughed. Now, as you faced our bedroom door, my wardrobe was near the corner to your left, but in the corner itself was our sink. You can already guess what then happened.

He still found it funny, somehow.

Story the second.
Later in the year, one of the girls in our block was celebrating her first year going out with her boyfriend, with a wondefully romantic meal in her room, followed by some other romantic things I forget about. Everyone else celebrated by... well, drinking. And someone had cherry flavoured vodka. Which made vodka and coke taste like Dr Pepper and vodka. This was the last coherent thought I had that evening.

Five minutes later, I wake up in bed, by everyone coming to find me. Still hammered, I leave what I assume is my room, go upstairs, and clamber into my bed. Not realising that I hadn't started in my bed, and my bedroom was on the top floor.

In fact, it was the next morning, and nobody had known where I had gone all night. Having checked all the bushes outside, they had found me in the bedroom exactly a floor below mine.

Which is the room the couple had been celebrating in. And having finished being sociable, locking the door and "celebrating".

Nobody knows how I'd gotten through a locked door, least of all me.

There's many more, but most (all) of them involve alcahol, so will take some time to remember.

My girl, incidently, likes talking gibberish in her sleep ("There's a walrus on your nose!" Why? "To stop the fish people." et similar)

Et tu?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

I don't think I've ever sleep-walked; at least, no one's ever caught me and I've never woken up somewhere weird. And I sleep so lightly that I don't think it would be possible, either. I have woken myself up a couple of times by starting to make some sort of vocal noise, but since I sleep so lightly (a pin drop could wake me up - I can't even move to get more comfy in my sleep without waking up first), that's probably the worst I've done.

However, I get the biggest kick out of playing with other people that do talk in their sleep. My roommate does it occasionally, and (since I wake up anyway), I'll goad her to say more. She usually answers. We've had conversations about man-eating trees, and scary babies, and her boyfriend (though that was mostly gibberish with his name thrown in). Sometimes when I can't understand what she says, I'll say, "What did you say?" And she'll say the unintelligible gibberish louder. Last night she said "Eighty-six." I couldn't get her to say any more, though.

If anyone started sleepwalking around me, though, I'd probably get kinda worried - that's just creepy. tongue.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

This is actually a lot of fun. Spoon, when your roommate is sleeping, hide her keys and then tell her where you put them, then see if she can find them when she wakes up.

#4 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hehehe, that sounds fun.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#5 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

The only asleeps I hear are snoring noises from people a floor below me and my loud server.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size