Chefelf.com Night Life: I met Yahtzee - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

I met Yahtzee Yahtzee is competing in a video game creation competition

#16 User is offline   Candescence Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

Something tells me those webcams are screwed up... The others are working fine.

Anyways... Awesome. Let's hope Yahtzee's team does well.
IPB Image

#17 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

They moved the webcams, one of them is looking right at our table now.

http://dev.nodurians...cam/webcam.html
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#18 User is offline   Candescence Icon

• New Cop

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

Awesome. Also... Is that a modeling program I see in the left cam?

Edit: Oh, and I think I see Photoshop... Some kind of text program... Among others... By the way, why do those old Yahtzee photos remind me of Westbury?

This post has been edited by Candescence: 27 October 2007 - 10:27 PM

IPB Image

#19 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

Tell whoever keeps giving the left camera a nice view of their butt that I really appreciate it

EDIT: haha oh crap I think that was yahtzee :<

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 27 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

IPB Image

#20 User is offline   Candescence Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:46 AM

They're judging! Twiddle your thumbs, people...

Also, will these games be downloadable once the competition finishes?

EDIT: HOLYSHIT they're gone! LIKE NINJAS. No, wait, someone walked past... Now there's nobody. Now another... Great, there's going to be nothing but random people walking past the cameras.

EDIT2: They've moved the cameras! Everyone's here... Oh, boy. Oh, and they've got a lot of beer.

EDIT3: Who was that blone-haired, moustached bozo (Didn't he also have a shirt with a van on it as well-wait, I think that's someone else) making a fool of himself in front of the cameras? Oh, and they've moved the cameras again.

This post has been edited by Candescence: 28 October 2007 - 04:13 AM

IPB Image

#21 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Rugby. PS3. PC. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Die. Woah, scrap that last one!

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:54 AM

I must say that the whole "nothing happening" thing is hugely exciting to me. Damn time zone difference! It's either 20:50 or 21:50 over there while it's 11:50 here. You're probably packed up and finished by now. (My sources are never reliable, don't niggle!)
Tiredness can kill! Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.

#22 User is offline   rippa32 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

I live in Queensland actually, it's 9:00 at the moment. When is the judging supposed to be finished?

#23 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

We didn't win.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#24 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:52 AM

Actually bobsickle you forgot to turn your clock back an hour, Its only 11:50 now

Who won then, or is that classified?

#25 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Rugby. PS3. PC. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Die. Woah, scrap that last one!

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Oct 28 2007, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually bobsickle you forgot to turn your clock back an hour, Its only 11:50 now

Who won then, or is that classified?

I found this out 10 minutes ago. Unbelievably I didn't realise the clocks were changing this morning blushing.gif .
Tiredness can kill! Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.

#26 User is offline   phatmike128 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:11 AM

hey guys, (and yahtzee)

I didn't introduce myself to you but I'm Mike from the team Sif90, big fan of your stuff man, hearing you do your game intro ZP style was a highlight of the weekend for me smile.gif Was awesome to be competing against a internet celeb hehe, loved your orange box review, esp the portal stuff, spot on.

My team ended up winning (after having damn problems with vista and the 360 control) but all the games were great and had some cool style and design. We were really stressing last night and thinking to redesign it all. Anyhow it'd be great if the games could get putup for release.

I'm sure we'll tidy up and compile a release for ours in the next couple days and get it up on our team page they told us to make http://team.sif90.com ... Nothing there yet.

Oh and may we thank Extra dry and Scotch for getting us through from beginning to end. (and sorry to the other teams as I think we were pretty noisy and annoying)

This post has been edited by phatmike128: 28 October 2007 - 07:12 AM

#27 User is offline   omnismilie Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

As you know now the competition is over and the results are in, and yes indeed sif90 was indeed victorious, which wasn't surprising as ther game was easily the most completed.

I had the opportunity to play the game created by "black van" (the team yahtzee is on) because they needed someone who hadn't played the game before to test it for useability and as Yahtzee said: "Get the strange person to test it". The game was a little fiddly but it made up for it in wittiness and general enjoyability.

At the beginning of the demo for the game Yahtzee read out the story in his zero punctuation voice, I don't know how he speaks so fast and manages not to screw up any pronounciation, it's quite extraordinary.

And don't worry everyone I spoke to event co-ordinator and asked if the games will become available online, surprisingly she hadn't thought of that, so probably thanks to me the games will become available on the blog to everyone in the very near future.....I hope.

#28 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

Cool - keep us in the know, ya?
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#29 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:25 AM

The pics cracked me up. Seriously. Mentally. Cracked.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#30 User is offline   nashbem Icon

• New Cop

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

So,
do you think we'll ever see Yahtzee's game?
Edga: i m tfn rt dojjoulf nr dyugg lilkjht hund ndgd dyutgg Omake: you said it chewie

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size