Chefelf.com Night Life: Has no one seen the FR frontpage? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Has no one seen the FR frontpage?

#46 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

Could you tell us about the style of the music for this game?
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#47 User is offline   m0ds Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (?!! @ Oct 30 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you tell us about the style of the music for this game?

Mods style tongue.gif

(I guess it has about as much definition as your screen-name ;))

& if you like that you won't be dissapointed.

Peace!

#48 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

m0ds styles:

Cartoony, on the jazzy and cliche sides.

#49 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:06 AM

I dunno, I thought the 6DAS soundtrack was pretty dark.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#50 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

If you looks at m0ds' list of scores, you can see that dark soundtracks like TN and 6DAS are outnumbered by cartoony and comical soundtracks and his reputations as the guy to ask for if you want such soundtrack is well justified. Even the soundtrack of a serious game like FOY, where m0ds has total freedom on the music, feels Day of the Tentacle kind of cartoony.

#51 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

Yes, his cartoony scores may be more numerous, but speaking as a fellow musician I hate being pigeonholed in this way. Just because I do one style more often than another doesn't mean it's my style or even my favorite style. It just happens to be the style I used more.

Not that I presume to speak for m0ds. Maybe he likes being typecast as cartoony and whimsical.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#52 User is offline   Dangar Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:59 AM

Wonder what the game will be called, any guesses?

#53 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

Chris and Trilby take on some company?
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#54 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:27 AM

I really thought Yahtzee had hung up his hat on this stuff. Not that I'm complaining, Yahtzee has the impeccable luck of having everything he touches turn to gold (while, inversely, everything I touch turns to shit), and I would play any game he made in a second, simply because they're really good. However, I kinda expected him to quit this whole thing, seeing as how he has a life now and all. Still, I'm excited about this new game, although I doubt it will be a serious continuation on any of his previous works. It'll either be something totally new, or it'll be a sort of version of a series, but mainly for fun. I don't really see another Trilby game, simply because, with the Chzo Mythos plot essentially ended, another Trilby game would stick out like a sore thumb. If it tried to continue the main plot somehow, it would never really match up with the other games and would be seen as a needless attachment. Conversely, if it was just some kind of prequel fun-time game, it would be fun to play but not really catching up in the story department, something I really admire his games for. I think the most potential this new game could have is if it was something totally new and original, something that blows me out of the water when I play it. I don't really care what kind of game it is, as long as it plays out like his other ones do in terms of content. And, as I said, if it were an extension of a previous series, it likely wouldn't suck, but at the end of the day I'd still feel cheated somehow. So, new is good, old is not good. There.

Wow. I really just piss all over everyone's hopes and dreams, don't I?
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#55 User is offline   Zazzo Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

Since 5DAS, I think what Trilby has been desperately wanting to do is to have a game where he can really show people how sneaky and skillful he is. Master gentleman thief and all.

I feel like the lack of a game really showing that has been, fandom-wise, the big hole in the Trilby series. It's like the Thief series, which I always started playing because I wanted to sneak around, scale walls, pick locks'n'pockets, get rich, but then these demons and scary things would start popping around corners and threatening my privates, which was cool -- just not what I was wanting at first. From the very start of 5DAS, Trilby has done this to the player too.

I think this game may be the filler for the big sneaky hole in the Trilby games. Green eye in the upper right? Stealth meter? Guy in a trilby in the lower left? Poorly lit offices and security cameras? Nobody keeps their rooms that poorly lit when they're in them unless they're baiting a cat burglar.

The plot for the games seemed complete many games ago, but Yahtzee kept tacking more plot on, game after game -- and somehow made it all work. This game can only continue his trend to constantly improve. Expect it to be great in all respects.

#56 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

I don't really see another Trilby game, simply because, with the Chzo Mythos plot essentially ended, another Trilby game would stick out like a sore thumb. If it tried to continue the main plot somehow, it would never really match up with the other games and would be seen as a needless attachment.

Like I said several month ago, Trilby still had a interesting life before and after the Chzo events, more chapters can be told without having them all pitting him against the bad guys of the Chzo Mythos. Just like Indiana Jones doesn't always have to fight against nazi or Dan Gordon doesn't always has to fight against the extranoids.

Now on the subject of this being a sequel to Chris and Trilby, I doubt it is. The Chris and Trilby storyline is simply too inconsistent with the Chzo Mythos. In these 100 strips, they found Atlantis, met God, were chased by vampire and other undeads... It simply wouldn't make any sense that Trilby get all traumatized and tormented in TN because of the events in 5DAS when he was perfectly fine when worst happened in the C&T comic. Protocorp is probably just a little nod to the comic, not a sign that it's a sequel.

That doesn't mean there won't be a game one day that will have both Chris and Trilby, but if it happen, I doubt it will be related at all to the comic save for the fact it feature both Chris and Trilby, or it will be related to the comic but not to the Trilby from the Chzo Mythos.

This post has been edited by Blueskirt: 01 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

#57 User is offline   Dacabe Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

Where can I see the Chris & Trilby comics?

#58 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

http://www.fullyramb...om/christrilby/

Why I'm doing this, I do not know.

I. Do. Not. Know.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#59 User is offline   m0ds Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (?!! @ Nov 1 2007, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really thought Yahtzee had hung up his hat on this stuff. Not that I'm complaining, Yahtzee has the impeccable luck of having everything he touches turn to gold (while, inversely, everything I touch turns to shit), and I would play any game he made in a second, simply because they're really good. However, I kinda expected him to quit this whole thing, seeing as how he has a life now and all. Still, I'm excited about this new game, although I doubt it will be a serious continuation on any of his previous works. It'll either be something totally new, or it'll be a sort of version of a series, but mainly for fun. I don't really see another Trilby game, simply because, with the Chzo Mythos plot essentially ended, another Trilby game would stick out like a sore thumb. If it tried to continue the main plot somehow, it would never really match up with the other games and would be seen as a needless attachment. Conversely, if it was just some kind of prequel fun-time game, it would be fun to play but not really catching up in the story department, something I really admire his games for. I think the most potential this new game could have is if it was something totally new and original, something that blows me out of the water when I play it. I don't really care what kind of game it is, as long as it plays out like his other ones do in terms of content. And, as I said, if it were an extension of a previous series, it likely wouldn't suck, but at the end of the day I'd still feel cheated somehow. So, new is good, old is not good. There.

Wow. I really just piss all over everyone's hopes and dreams, don't I?

Long live Yahtzee games! That lad has a talent & this new one is no exception. Anyone who enjoys his characters will be thrilled by this installment...I certainly am smile.gif Yahtzee yet again pushes the boundaries of AGS...of adventure gaming...sore thumbs for him, but definitely not for us smile.gif

*not that anyone types with their thumbs

This post has been edited by m0ds: 01 November 2007 - 08:30 PM

#60 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

I totally agree (Who I agree with I won't say). I think it is likely to be a Trilby game localised around before the Chzo Mythos. I know Yahtzee has previously commented on the lack of stealth in stealth games and I wouldn't be surprised if he made his own.
More Trilby!
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size