Chefelf.com Night Life: Zero Punctuation: The Orange Box - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Zero Punctuation: The Orange Box

#16 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Professor Saucy @ Oct 17 2007, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I for one have never seen what everyone has against Halo. It's not horrible, but it's also nothing special until you get into massive LAN party territory.

Shut up and don't play it if you don't like it, jeeze.

Same goes for Half Life, jeeze. wink.gif

By the way, the problem is exactly that it's nothing special. That wouldn't be a problem on its own, but what makes the non-Halo fans furrow their brows about it is that Halo fans follow it like it was the Ark of the Covenant or something, thus making the developers getting stuck up their own ass.

#17 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

The sole of Half Life ended with Half Life 1. When I bought and played Half Life 2 I was deeply appalled that it was the sequel to a game that I once played 34 hours straight. I mean I was bored off my arse. Everything about the game makes me squirm. I don’t know where to begin. Half Life 1 was one of those games you could not put down because you wanted to know what the ending will be and because it was somehow not repetitive. I only kept playing Half Life 2 because I kept telling myself that the 110$ I spent on the game will be worth it in the end. The reason I don’t play Half Life 1 anymore (other then the fact it wont work on my new PC) is that I do not wish to go through all that again. The reason I don’t play Half Life 2 again (other then the fact that I have forgotten my steam login, password and the email I used, for some reason I didn’t use my usually email for some fucking reason, though it really is the fault of the greedy capitalistic mother fuckers who have summoned this hell incarnate that is steam) is because I do not wish to be so bored again, so bored that I am willing to scoop out my eyeballs with a spoon and eat them just so I do not have to see another fucking combine soldier. I don’t know what my point was but I am sure that if you read between the lines or read every 3rd letter or something like that, you will find it out.

#18 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

I just finished the original Half Life last night and any fun parts were instantly wiped from my memory by that fucking terrible final battle.

I was almost ALMOST ready to admit that I might have judged it too harshly, because I had fun with portions of Surface Tension and, despite what every idiotic fanboy thinks, I thought the first Xen level and the boss fight against the queen headcrab thing were god damn awesome. BUT THE LAST 2 LEVELS. WERE THE WORST. THINGS. EVER.

VALVE SUCCEEDS AT LEAVING A HORRIBLE TASTE IN MY MOUTH, GREAT JOB GUYS

I would be able to leave it alone if everyone realized that it is a piece of crap, but apparently shooting down one helicoptor with a charged up laser cannon and killing a giant crab excuses an overall terrible game.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 18 October 2007 - 10:30 AM

IPB Image

#19 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Rugby. PS3. PC. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Die. Woah, scrap that last one!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:51 AM

Why do so many people get mixed up with soles and souls? One's the bottom of a shoe, the other's much more spiritual. Unless of course it is the sole of the game because it's what you stand on... anyway, can I get a brief description of what happened in Half Life 1 because I'll probably never get to play it.
Tiredness can kill! Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.

#20 User is offline   Legion Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Horror stuff, spicy food, RPG and FPS video games, decent novels, stand-up comedy, watching idiots maim themselves doing stupid things, Asian or Italian food and web surfing.<br /><br />Yup, I'm a complete geek.

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

Apologies for changing the subject, but damned if my curiousity doesn't get the better of me. Professor Saucy, is your signature a pic of Giygas's True Form from Earthbound/Mother?
I'm not pessimistic; I've just realised that the light at the end of the tunnel is an incoming train.

#21 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Professor Saucy @ Oct 18 2007, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VALVE SUCCEEDS AT LEAVING A HORRIBLE TASTE IN MY MOUTH, GREAT JOB GUYS

Well then, what was it, "shut up don't play it if you don't like it, jeeze".

#22 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Oct 18 2007, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do so many people get mixed up with soles and souls? One's the bottom of a shoe, the other's much more spiritual. Unless of course it is the sole of the game because it's what you stand on... anyway, can I get a brief description of what happened in Half Life 1 because I'll probably never get to play it.

*Bumps post.* I don't want to be ignored and forgotten this time.

#23 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

It's called "Wikipedia". Learn how to use it.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#24 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Oct 18 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's called "Wikipedia". Learn how to use it.

Dammit logic! Since when did common sense come into the equation?! Oh well... I'm off to Wikipedia then...

#25 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Legion @ Oct 18 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apologies for changing the subject, but damned if my curiousity doesn't get the better of me. Professor Saucy, is your signature a pic of Giygas's True Form from Earthbound/Mother?

Yes. I've got it because I'm really really excited about the Mother 3 translation almost being done!

Also, David: I plan never to play Half Life again, thanks. I had to finish it, though, because I am a trooper, and that's how I roll.

To be fair, after I beat it I did have a lot of fun going back through the game and flying around with clipping off.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 18 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

IPB Image

#26 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Professor Saucy @ Oct 18 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, David: I plan never to play Half Life again, thanks. I had to finish it, though, because I am a trooper, and that's how I roll.

Yes, I accept that, but I never plan to play any of the Halo games again either, and I retain my right to complain about my previous experience as long as I like, thank you very much. I don't seee why you get so upset when people rip into Halo when you keep bitching about Half Life at the same time.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 18 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

#27 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

I guess I can live with that. Although this was recent for me and I will probably stop complaining next week because I only hold longtime grudges when a game is really really really terrible. See also: Tales of Symphonia.

Also, I'm defensive of Bungie because I really like Halo and most of their other stuff, despite the idiotic fanbase.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 18 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

IPB Image

#28 User is offline   Drath Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 18 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I don’t play Half Life 2 again is because I do not wish to be so bored again, so bored that I am willing to scoop out my eyeballs with a spoon and eat them just so I do not have to see another fucking combine soldier.

WHAT GTFO i loved HL2 (except for putting things in radioactive waste to get across it. like yahtzee said.) but realy sending antlions into combine was awsum. eh your thought. eh i cant complain not everyone thinks the same. maby theres games i hate that you love >.<

#29 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:33 AM

Anyone else in favour for selectively disabling the "AddReply" button?

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 19 October 2007 - 05:36 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#30 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Oct 19 2007, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else in favour for selectively disabling the "AddReply" button?

*raises hand*

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size