• +
  • Last »

Smash Bros. Brawl

#16 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:10 AM

It's more because he's a sad shell of a once great mascot than because I am a Nintendo faggot. I loved the old Sonic cartoons from the 90's and I think the Genesis games are fantastic, but as of Sega's withdrawal from the console market Sonic Team's deepest desire seems to be making him and the games he stars in as faggoty as possible. People just need to accept the fact that Sonic is horrible now and let him die, and including him in more and more games is not helping that.

Although if a new developer took over Sonic and managed to make his games not fucking terrible, I would support it in FULL FORCE.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 14 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

IPB Image

#17 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

Durr durr faggot gay fail faggot durr durr.

Both of the Sonic cartoons were cheesy as hell and downright TERRIBLE. As for the later bits, I have serious issues with calling Dr. Robotnik "Eggman", and I wish that the Dreamcast and up games never existed. I don't care that Sonic is in Smash Bros.. I just wish they'd find people who knew how to play the game for their gameplay demos.

As far as Marth is concerned, it takes some skill to do well with him, especially since the other characters don't go anywhere when you hit them unless you get them with the very tip of his sword. He's also rather light, and so gets knocked about pretty easily.

Edit: I forgot to mention earlier that if Sonic is the game, I want to see Simon Belmont, Mega Man, and maybe one of those dudes from Contra.

This post has been edited by Slade: 19 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#18 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

Keep in mind that I was like 6 at the time and every cartoon ever was FANTASTIC, you fucking nostalgia killer.

COME TO THINK OF IT, IT STILL IS

I'M DONE WITH YOU SLADE, GET AWAY
IPB Image

#19 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

I was 6, too - and I thought it sucked back then. However, the games were great (well, up until 3D Blast - though the Sonic Rush game for DS is pretty good) and I have no problem at all with him being on SmashBros. In fact, I think it's pretty cool that he's getting some spotlight, since he's definitely one of the important characters of the gaming world.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#20 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

He's a has been.
IPB Image

#21 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:46 AM

I stopped liking Sonic games once Sonic Adventure 2 came out for the Dreamcast. Sonic Adventure was okay (if you cut out the cut scenes, and change the English voice acting to Japanese), but once Shadow got in the picture, and then he started getting together with human characters... I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

Out of the cartoons, I only liked that older one that had those two robots... that was a good Saturday morning cartoon. The more serious ones were total garbage.

I totally agree with Slade, though. I cannot swallow Dr.Eggman at ALL. Why did they change his name to that so suddenly here? ... And why did they do the same thing with Princess Toadstool? I hate 'Peach'... lol. tongue.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#22 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

Ivo, the character's first name, is reverse of Ovi, a prefix based on the Latin word for "eggs". Robotnik, the character's surname, is the generic Polish word for a worker.

More here: http://en.wikipedia....ming_variations

So I guess I finally know the sad story. I like the name Robotnik better, too. When they first changed the name, I heard it was due to too many "Robuttnik" jokes. tongue.gif

I never played any of the Sonic games past Sega Genesis until Sonic Rush came out. First it was because I didn't have anything to play them on, but then it was because they didn't look any good (especially when I started seeing that "Shadow" character on the commercials). But I think including him in the new SSB is a good move that gives proper tribute to a big character.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#23 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

While we're on the subject, why were Robotnik's eyes BLACK? That always creeped the fuck out of me.
IPB Image

#24 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Professor Saucy @ Oct 24 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While we're on the subject, why were Robotnik's eyes BLACK? That always creeped the fuck out of me.

...because he has no SOUL.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#25 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:22 PM

Because he's a cartoon character, and a lot of them have black eyes with no irises. Or because the Genesis had a limited color pallete. Or he has no soul, I guess... Your pick. He at least used to have one until he got turned evil, I guess.

I want to see Snake's final smash. "Watch out, Snake. If Wario farts on you, the stench will last a long time." "You've gotta be kidding me!" "Sadly, I'm not." We did not need farting from Wario. We know he's gross, but just no. I also hope Bowser still does that bellyflop downward throw. It's so hilarious to (almost literally) rape people with him with that. tongue.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#26 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Apparently Mario has some weird water move. I must have missed the game where Mario became Squirtle.

#27 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Either that, or he devoured FLUDD...
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#28 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

I love how one of Nintendo's higher-ups basically came out and apologized for how awful Sunshine was.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 24 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

IPB Image

#29 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Professor Saucy @ Oct 24 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how one of Nintendo's higher-ups basically came out and apologized for how awful Sunshine was.

Damn straight they apologized! That game was good, but not as fun as any of the other Mario games. Sunshine was actually tedious to play through.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#30 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Sunshine was TERRRIBLE. :<

The only enjoyment I got out of it was from the boss fights and performing Aeon Flux-esque dives off the tops of the really huge levels. And it was only useful on the third shine in Delfino Village where the entire level was covered in INSTANT DEATH LAVA.

Don't even get me started on the fucking wood block platforming parts, either.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 24 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

IPB Image

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size