• +
  • Last »

General Grievous A New Star Wars Character in Episode III

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:53 PM

Apparently there is going to be a new character in Episode III named...

GENERAL GRIEVOUS!!

Trace and Matt emailed me to alert me to the news. Below you will see the pic they emailed me.

You can find out more about General Grievous here: http://www.starwars....eneralgrievous/

Attached File(s)

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

Another robot? sigh
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#3 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:10 PM

His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

This does not seem right to me.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:32 PM

I see it can use a lightsaber. roger, roger.

#5 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:10 PM

Geez Chef, old news, old news. I've known about this for months now, that pictures been out for a while as well, and his character was also on the last episode of cartoon network's Clone Wars series (it wasn't bad actually). It is a HORRIBLE name (though proboably no worse than Darth MAUL or Darth TYRANUS), and as someone said, you might as well call him General Bad Guy. However, the character itself doesn't look horrible, and could be interesting. Sure it'll be over-the-top and a bit illogical, but I've come to accept and expect that from the prequels. So taken in that context, I'll reserve judgement until the movie comes out. I believe he's meant to be a precursor to Darth Vader (half-alien, half-machine), and I heard that part of his armor may be used to make some of Vader's armor, though that's probably just a rumor. I just don't like the fact that he's a non-Force user who can kill Jedi so easily (unless he can use the Force, who knows), but he doesn't look that bad.

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:28 PM

I now really don't feel like tormenting myself any further with the prequels. Lucas has clearly not learned anything from the complaints levelled against his new films and just continues to put these stupid things in there. And I suppose this means that Jar Jar Binks will probably be back as well - and Lucas will say it was important to the plot. While, he's at it, he might throw in an obnoxious three year old as a toddler Han Solo.

No... I'm curious, I need to see how bad it is so I can bitch about it with everyone else. But I'm not going to pay money to see it.

#7 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:40 PM

Did you hear this, though? He's so bad, he's even got his own henchmen!

Egad. blink.gif

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

I think he is a great design, and has a great name too. But we don't need anymore robots.

#9 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:46 PM

Genral Grievous.......................... His name should be General Grievance which is what all of us have toward. :angry:

Just another unnecessary character that will probably take up even more time from more important characters.

Anybody who had any hope that Ep. III would be different can abandon all hope.

Let's see Ep. III is gonna have Wookies and this General Grievous guy and his cronies as major villains. Exactly where is GL gonna have time to explain the Emperor's rise, Anakin's turn to the darkside, the birth of Leia and the the Anakin Obi-Wan duel. Geez, reading Ep. III will be like reading the "cliff notes to the Star Wars Prequels"

#10 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:50 PM

His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

In other words... dry.gif

This is the guy that the emperor gets to destroy the Jedi. Anakin once he gets injurered has his body replaced with the same technology this guy uses. You will probably see some 5 minute whiny diatribe between Grevious and Anakin, where Grevious helps him build the Darth Vader armour.

A pot device you can see a mile away...... :yuck:

#11 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:00 PM

Again, another example of lucas wasting time trying to explain things that we don't want or need to know.

We DON'T need to know who exactly killed the Jedi. We need to know why and how the Emperor was able to authorize that.

We DON'T need to know where Vader got his armor. Just the reasons behind Anakins turn to the darkside.

I wonder if there is a way we could force feed George Lucas every single one of these posts. tongue.gif

#12 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:03 PM

Actually I was more under the assumption that Grievous is killed by either Mace Windu or Anakin, and that Anakin's armor would be from Grievous's, but they would never fight alongside each other. Grievous would BEGIN the extermination of the Jedi, but I think Vader will do the most work. And listen, I know this sounds lame because of the other 2 movies, but we do have to reserve judgement until the movie comes out, because you never know, and hopefully we're all wrong. Personally, even though I love these forums and love bashin the prequels with you guys, I would much rather have a great movie than a great movie to bash.

#13 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:11 PM

Actually I was more under the assumption that Grievous is killed by either Mace Windu

Yes, Mace Windau. Killer of ineffective lame villains. laugh.gif

And listen, I know this sounds lame because of the other 2 movies, but we do have to reserve judgement until the movie comes out, because you never know, and hopefully we're all wrong

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. dry.gif

Episode III is lame movie. The only question is how lame will it be. Will it be th lamest or the least lame. :yuck:

#14 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:14 PM

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

or more approps...

If it looks like Howard the Duck, sounds like Howard the Duck, then it probably is Howard the Duck. laugh.gif

#15 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:52 AM

I am very glad I've never seen Howard the Duck, from everything I've heard about it.

To Vwing, I thought you are absolutely right in what you said.

I would much rather have a great movie than a great movie to bash.

And I hope, like you said, that we're all wrong. I don't have any hope that Episode III will deliver and I'm not going to see it at the cinema but I will see it eventually when I can do so for free and reserve my judgement until that time.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size