• « First
  • Last »

Zero Punctuation: Halo 3

#106 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:15 AM

You may notice that about a quarter of the past couple of pages in this thread are now gone. The posts were removed for infringing on the Night Life rules. Try to keep it civil, children.
smile.gif

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 09 October 2007 - 02:16 AM

#107 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

Yeah, sorry for the outburst everyone.

Babies are loud and stop me sleeping.

Does anybody want to buy my child? It's only small and probably won't remember me. I've only had it three days.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#108 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

It's not exactly fair that Halo fanboys are "retards" but the HL1 fanboys are always right. I've played HL1. It was ADEQUATE. You can't say much about it, even considering the time it was made in. I think it is by no means revolutionary.

I'm not saying Halo is revolutionary, but it is also adequate.

People here are starting to remind me of the real world. There's the people that like everything that everyone likes because everyone likes it and there's the people that hate everything that everyone likes because everyone likes it.

#109 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

But the media, press and avrage 14 year old don't seem to bum half life in the way they seem to give it to the Halo series.

#110 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

Exactly my point. For example, Halo 3 was described as 'Game of the Decade' over here in the UK, whereas I'd like to think that something a little more revolutionary and exciting should have won that award. Something like Wii Sports, or Guitar Hero, perhaps.

Before you all bite my head off, I'm not suggesting they are the only contenders, but something that properly changed gaming surely deserves that title over another FPS on the 360.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

#111 User is offline   Legion Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Horror stuff, spicy food, RPG and FPS video games, decent novels, stand-up comedy, watching idiots maim themselves doing stupid things, Asian or Italian food and web surfing.<br /><br />Yup, I'm a complete geek.

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Spann @ Oct 9 2007, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly my point. For example, Halo 3 was described as 'Game of the Decade' over here in the UK, whereas I'd like to think that something a little more revolutionary and exciting should have won that award. Something like Wii Sports, or Guitar Hero, perhaps.

Before you all bite my head off, I'm not suggesting they are the only contenders, but something that properly changed gaming surely deserves that title over another FPS on the 360.

Waiter, I'd like to order a stiff blowjob for that man. Be so kind as to tell him that it's my treat?
I'm not pessimistic; I've just realised that the light at the end of the tunnel is an incoming train.

#112 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

Using the same adjective to describe Half-Life and Halo is a crime that should be punishable by serious time in prison.

#113 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

How the hell is Guitar Hero revolutionary? It's basically Guitar Freaks with two more buttons and a not-shitty soundtrack.

Well, at least until the third one. The fact that GH3 has Disturbed and Dragonforce in it gives me cause to want to round up the development team and set them all on fire. Good thing Rock Star is being produced by people with some actual taste.

Also, I agree with Sniffles. Halo is so much better than Half Life could ever dream of being that it's retarded to compare them!

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 09 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

IPB Image

#114 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

Professor Saucy, I have an unquenchable urge to do something horrid to you.

#115 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

Don't feed the troll.

#116 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

Waiter, I'd like to order a stiff blowjob for that man. Be so kind as to tell him that it's my treat?

Uh, thanks?

#117 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:03 PM

I say Halo is a better game than Half Life because it is.

Halo might be a bland piece of mediocrity that is crammed up it's own ass to no end, but Half Life is a broken and horrible piece of fail and aids that is crammed up it's own ass to no end.

And a choice between a so-so game with a boner for itself and a shitty game with a boner for itself isn't a fucking choice at all.

But this argument is, in the end, completely pointless, because Red Faction curb stomps the ever-loving fuck out of both of them.

This post has been edited by Professor Saucy: 09 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

IPB Image

#118 User is offline   El_Gostro Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

I wasnt a big fan of half life when it came out.
It wasn't a bad game,but I couldn't help feeling biased towards Gordon Freeman being described as one of the greatest story characters ever.Eventually I became involved in the clichee joke that people said that because he was a nerd with a power suit who battled marines.
Now gameplay and more or less story wise,it was good and solid and I guess deserving of some praise.

My reaction towards the first halo was almost exactly the same,except I felt even less empathy towards the characters and Master chief (the name continues to sound ridicoulous) still looks like a mounatinboard armored chum with a motocross biker helmet to me.
I did not bother to finish the first game,much less pay attention to the sequels

This post has been edited by El_Gostro: 09 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

#119 User is offline   Professor Saucy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

Master Chief is an actual rank, although I do agree that it's a little stupid sounding.

Captain King would have been a way better choice.
IPB Image

#120 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:36 PM

David-kyo seems to be right, this guy's a troll. I can tell from the 4chan memes, and having seen many trolls like him.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size