Page 1 of 1

Just a little pissed... Comcast is Satan

#1 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:16 AM

Everyone know this: Comcast is the giant hairy asshole of the internet world.

At the time of this writing, I'm currently experiencing a little setback. It seems that random sites will not load. Some of these are sites I visit frequently, and some are not. Whois and Ask.com are some examples. When everything's hooked up and your computer says you connection is fine, as well as all diagnostic programs you have, it's kind of hard to fix.

This is just the latest in the long line of problems I've faced with them.

I have vonage through them, and all my friends that have it and do not have comcast says it works great. Not so for me. Some days I can call some numbers, and some days I cannot. I get this little "number is invalid" message, even though I redialed the number that was on my caller ID and I just called it yesterday.

Another lovely thing about them is that while they say I can expect a connection of about 4 mb/s, I actually get something around 200 kb/s. My Download speed is about half what it should be, as well.

And the stupid prices! I already pay around 40 bucks a month for the damn thing, and they keep wanting me to bundle up with other packages of theirs, so they can get more money. No thank you, sir. I prefer stealing my TV cable, rather than giving you some of my appendages as payment.

So right now the bastards have me on hold (45 minutes now) and I am considering just smashing my modem all to hell like that scene in Office Space. Yeah, that would feel so good. I won't do it though, because Comcast knows I'm it's bitch and it's pretty much right. Out here, Comcast is pretty much the only cable choice out here. I used to have Adelphia, but then they went bankrupt ad comcast bought them out. And that is when my problems started.

My other choices would be the DSL service, which out here would be Qwest, or a satellite service, which would be any one of them (dial-up is like some old moss-covered abandoned memory, now) When I first wanted an internet connection, though, I wanted cable, because I could afford it and I thought it would be a faster means of connection. At first, everything was fine. I had Adelphia, and it was a little costly, but I could handle it. Then, Adelphia went bankrupt and Comcast moved in. It snared me with its lure of low prices, and once it was sure I couldn't afford anything else, it treated me like shit.

Comcast, go to hell.
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#2 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

Comcast blows chunks. So you're actual connect speed is 200k/s? Demand support. That's ridiculously slow. I can't remember if they have a guarantee on bandwidth provided, but if they do, demand they honor it. At that point, DSL is a better option (Although Qwest? eh).

And if you speak with tech support, just go with the flow, do what they ask. If you do that, you're always more likely to get what you need and once they're through the bullshit troubleshooting they can officially say 'Hey, I can send this up to engineers!'

Also Vonage, is a real bandwidth killer, be prepared to speak with tech support on a cell phone. As a whole, I think VOIP is garbage as a primary means of communication. Power outages kill your ability to call 911 or the power company. Plus, I always enjoy the people who would call me and ask why they couldn't get on the internet while on the phone (with a 512k dsl line). Anyway, good luck.

#3 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

Comcast is something of the anti-Christ among the bit torrent community. That's about all I know about it.
I'm on Rogers up here and they're gradually getting to the point that I won't do business with them again once my contracts are up.

#4 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:57 AM

I'm glad I have Cox, then. biggrin.gif

At least Comcast makes fun commercials... unsure.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#5 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

I've heard some prety nasty things about Cox but never experienced it myself.

Comcast was supposed to take over my area's Time Warner service (trading I think some Houston areas) but I've yet to see anything of it a year after he aquisition. I'm hoping it fell through, because the TW service in KC is supposed to be number 1 in the corporation. It has been pretty good ever since I moved out here.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size