Chefelf.com Night Life: This Week's Zero Punctuation... - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

This Week's Zero Punctuation...

#1 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

...Just seems to be Yahtzee trying to start an argument.

Good for him, I say.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#2 User is offline   Gekko Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

I only play consoles that don't count as consoles (read: game boys) as I don't like the "insert cd and play" thing. On PC user has more options, expansions and flexibility. So, I agree on most of his opinions on consoles.

#3 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Rugby. PS3. PC. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Die. Woah, scrap that last one!

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Apart fom Psychonauts, does Yahtzee like anything? Yay for the future! Why did I buy my PS3 at launch...? I could've waited and saved myself some money! £370 last weekend with 2 games, 2 blu-rays and an HDMI cable at Woolworths... And I got one for £425 plus £5 P&P from Argos! £430 says if Sony on't win, I'll probably have to hurt myself - badly! Anyway, I should probably get a fanboy mentality to try and stop myself finding flaws. Let's try... "My PS3 is awesome!!! You're Wiis and 360 are FUCKING ASS SHIT WANKER CRAP!!!!!!!!! IMAO OMFG LKOaswesg:nHWERILAE"

Nah, I'll just become a cynical instead...
Tiredness can kill! Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.

#4 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

The only thing more ridiculous than the PS3 is the 360 Elite.

I own a Wii - I'm well aware of it's problems and limitations - I think Nintendo are stretching release times between big games so much so that come Metroid release fanboys like me will be shitting in the air for it.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#5 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

This is probably my favorite one yet. I especially like the PSP rant. I never understood why you'd want to buy two copies of a movie and watch one version on a teeny-tiny little screen. Just another excuse to not have conversations with people in public?

I'm sorry bobsickle, but side effects from reading your posts include but might not be limited to: severe abdominal cramping, ocular bleeding, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, porphyric hemophilia, colorblindness, and death. Ask your doctor if bobsickle's posts are right for you.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#6 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Aug 29 2007, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is probably my favorite one yet. I especially like the PSP rant. I never understood why you'd want to buy two copies of a movie and watch one version on a teeny-tiny little screen. Just another excuse to not have conversations with people in public?

I'm sorry bobsickle, but side effects from reading your posts include but might not be limited to: severe abdominal cramping, ocular bleeding, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, porphyric hemophilia, colorblindness, and death. Ask your doctor if bobsickle's posts are right for you.

You get used to it. Your corpse will continue to wander through the internet for many years to come! Is it my complete disregard for paragraphing? Or does it run deeper? I could probably just stop but I'd consider that slightly unfair as I technically haven't done anything (much) wrong.

I bought a PSP as well, I tried to watch Advent Children in the car and just got a headache... All I use it for now is Lego Star Wars II, which I've come so close to completing 100% I've given up on it.

Haemophiliacs don't have enough platelets do they, something to do with they can't stop bleeding easily. So what's the porphyric part mean? And what is "ocular"? I'm no doctor goddammit! Is it because my posts are too long?

#7 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

I don't even know where to start.

All I'll say is... how do you become A CYNICAL?
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#8 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

I'll hazard a guess that ocular bleeding means bleeding from the eyes. For the other stuff JFGI.

What's wrong with your post is that it is in the Yahtzee forums, and apparently there are certain conditions that must be met before people will not shot you down.
1. Mimic Yahtzee's mannerisms.
2. Be clever beyond your ability and hope no one notices.
3. Belittle everyone else.
4. DO NOT make any typos or errors in grammar.

Hi everyone again.

#9 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Prodian @ Aug 30 2007, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll hazard a guess that ocular bleeding means bleeding from the eyes. For the other stuff JFGI.

What's wrong with your post is that it is in the Yahtzee forums, and apparently there are certain conditions that must be met before people will not shot you down.

Hi everyone again.

Sory. Why do you assume that I was being clever beyond my ability? And becoming a cynical is easy, you just start thinking everythings rubbish. Never find anything good in anything and your pretty much there! Does anyone feel belittled? Now to figure out the "Yahtzee's mannerisms" bit...

Wait, are these things I'm supposed to do or not supposed to do? Argh! Now I'm just confused!

This post has been edited by bobsickle: 30 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

#10 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Prodian @ Aug 29 2007, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi everyone again.

I have never belittled anyone.

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Aug 30 2007, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sory. Why do you assume that I was being clever beyond my ability? And becoming a cynical is easy, you just start thinking everythings rubbish. Never find anything good in anything and your pretty much there! Does anyone feel belittled? Now to figure out the "Yahtzee's mannerisms" bit...

Wait, are these things I'm supposed to do or not supposed to do? Argh! Now I'm just confused!

You suck at spelling.

#11 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 30 2007, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never belittled anyone.
You suck at spelling.

I can spell if I want to. That one was on purpose!
hemophilia
is bad spelling. Being a medical term it is spelt ridiculously. And aprt from not being 100% on "cynical", my spelling is mainly fine. And I don't use abbreviations etc. I think you guys just don't like me because I'm an "outsider." I bet this is the Royston Vasey of forums. "It's a local forum for local people" (Obviously spanning the world but... y'know?)

#12 User is offline   Gekko Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

Yet again it's time for this.

http://koti.mbnet.fi...lanimation2.gif

And you said:

I think you guys just don't like me because I'm an "outsider."

Actually, what is this outsider? If I understood this correctly, outside means a troll or a lame poster.

EDIT: Wait, do typos make you a troll?

This post has been edited by Gekko: 30 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

#13 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Gekko @ Aug 30 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again it's time for this.

http://koti.mbnet.fi...lanimation2.gif

And you said:
Actually, what is this outsider? If I understood this correctly, outside means a troll or a lame poster.

EDIT: Wait, do typos make you a troll?

Um, didn't know I was trolling. This is my definition for trolling (the one I know)
Another forum word. This is the inverse side of Flaming. Instead of insulting other people, you try to rev them up and aggravate them so to insult you. Trolling is defined as: ‘The act of deliberately posting false or inflammatory information in order to start a flame war or cause aggravation to others.’ (http://www.4webhelp.net/us/glossary.php)
An example would be a post such as ‘The PS3 is crap!” This would be considered trolling, as its sole purpose is to result in an argument. Don’t do it, and don’t rise to it. Users who violate this rule may be banned without warning

Yes, this is taken from another forum, but still... I've never considered myself that bad a poster, in fact I became a moderator because I was a good poster and stuck to the rules... Unless you are deliberately annoying people with typos, you are not trolling by my standards. By "outsider" I meant I wasn't a long standing member and wasn't introduced to this website by someone within it. Does this make sense? And what joshofalltrades has said is probably the closest to trolling I've seen. This is turning into a flame war because of him. I don't like him now.

#14 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (bobsickle @ Aug 30 2007, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can spell if I want to. That one was on purpose!

Somehow I think you failed to see the joke.

#15 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 30 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somehow I think you failed to see the joke.

Yes, please explain.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size