Chefelf.com Night Life: Delivery Couriers who deserve a good bashing - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Delivery Couriers who deserve a good bashing Damaged delivery items? Post them here.

#1 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

A Problematic Courier has damaged a box worth of drives. On Friday I didn't even know they were coming in the morning. Monday I waited all day. I phoned up early to find out and confirm. The man I spoke to said they couldn't tell if it was going to be delivered on AM or PM for the package chosen.

So I contacted at mid day time and another couple of times to a lady who assured me that the parcel would be delivered today and not tomorrow. At 6 pm I phoned up and they "tried to contact the driver." Then they found that the parcel was at the depot "returned in error by the driver."

I demanded delivery making my needs known that I needed these items to complete what I was doing. So they delivered that evening.

The parcel came and as I took out the drives there were black metal bits at the bottom:

Screw holder that broke off a drive:

Bent plates on edges:

Bent pins and scraped off component:

Packaged:

Test system:

I did mention that there should have been bubble wrap placed between the drives but I don't think it would have mattered due to the force the drives were exposed too required to break off that metal screw holder. The seller who had sold many of these drives and delicate laptops with the same courier was shocked. Seems like it was the first time.

I am devasted. My plans ruined. The seller is giving me a refund but the items were uninsured. I thought they were by the large amount of money I paid for them to be delivered.

So in effect he paid for the drives to be damaged from arrival and as for no insurance the person who handled the parcel gets away with it.

By paying no insurance it gives the driver an excuse to damage your items and get away with it.
If I knew the cost didn't cover insurance I would have paid more. It could have been deliberate indirectly by giving a newer or careless driver a job of handling uninsured parcels. I mean the one who delivered on Friday morning when I wasn't even in the house but I would never know. It is a possibility on what could have happened as evidence of the black bits and a witness who I showed when I opened it up. It would take a lot of force to cause a drive screw holder to break off. That has never happened to me before even when I dropped broken drives on the ground as a last attempt to unjam the heads just to get to some files someone wanted.

My lesson:
(1) Always get the packer to to pack the items how you like with bubblewrap.
(2) Double check for insurance.
(3) Ask the seller to put "Handle with care" on all visible sides of the package.

So it gives no driver an excuse to roughly handle the goods.

Oh and I have a letter the seller got. I will ask for permission to post the letter the seller received from the courier without names. The courier company has refused to pick up the parcel despite my evidence on pictures which I showed the seller who posted it on to them. He agreed that it would take a lot of force to damage that screw holder. Tomorrow I might phone up for advice on my rights because this isn't right. I say they did bend back to deliver out of business hours but that was due to their error of keeping me waiting at home all day and me having to cancel some important plans in the parcel being delivered or kept at the depot.

The drive with the broken screw holder sounds like a hoover, vibrates and stops. Two drives make a horrible loud sound, two drives with damages circuit boards but I was able to swap a working board on a working drive which hasn't failed yet.

I am so disappointed. Everytime I make orders something always have to go wrong.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 12 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

#2 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

I just found out that the drives won't fit in the case in the quantity I want. I can squeeze two at the bottom but I can not fit eight foe there to be enough room for airflow. I need half size drives.

Looks like it wasn't a mistake after all.
Sad for the insurance part.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 12 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size