Chefelf.com Night Life: SW Museum exhibit!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

SW Museum exhibit!! this is amazing! a must see for star wars fans

#1 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:57 AM

I just got back today from going to a Star Wars exhibit that is currently being held in Fort Worth, Texas at the Fort Worth Museum of History & Science,.and I was completely blown away..it was everything I was hoping it would be,.and so much more.

The exhibit is ongoing until Monday, Sept 3rd. So, those of you who are on vacation, or have some vacation built up,.I highly recommend you to go and see this, especially if you are an avid Star Wars enthusiast like myself.

I got to the museum kind of late,.like around 5pm. It stays open until 9pm on weekdays. There are 2 different admissions you can buy:

option a: $20.00, which includes the Star Wars exhibit, a one hour special effects movie shown in the imax theatre adjacent to the museum, and also included admission to the nearby Cowgirl hall of fame.

option b: $15.00, just like option a, minus the imax film.

the tour is self guided, and takes you from room to room, as it showcases many different props, puppets, costumes, models, and also presents interesting factoids about each of the films.

it talks about things like hovercars, and even has a real hovercraft you can ride for free and test out!

There are many exact scale replicas of the characters, I must admit,..I was breathless looking up at the authentic Darth Vader that was encased in display glass,..its quite intimidating, and made me feel like responding with: "what is thy bidding, my master?"

there were also life-size models of the jawas, tusken raiders, c3po (both naked or with more parts!), and his side kick, artoo.

yoda was there too,..the medical droid from the ending of esb, the prostetics hands of both luke and anakin...im telling you...this exhibit was amazing. damn,.i should have brought my camera..but fear not,.i do plan to return next week,..armed with my digital camera..and i will take pics of everything there is. maybe if chefelf, slade, or some others want me to, ill email the pics i take right on over, for all to see.

its flat out amazing..and its worth the airfare and ticket admission to come down to see this.

heres the link to the site..

www.fwmuseum.org/starwars/index.html

here are some more!

anthony daniels talks about the exhibit!!!! do watch this video!!
http://video.nbc5i.c...ayer/?id=117058

i like how daniels professionally steers away from the question brought on by the reporter who asks "is there any plans for any new star wars movies coming out in the near future?"..lol,..daniels, as if heavily contracted and under lucasfilm oath, avoids the question pretty much and says..."what im working on RIGHT NOW,..is....."

http://www.nbc5i.com...082/detail.html

http://www.theforce....h_TX_108194.asp

This post has been edited by mireaux7: 23 August 2007 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#2 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

yeah ive heard about that. sounds interesting. i wish i could go.
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size