Chefelf.com Night Life: SW books..questions..help needed - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

SW books..questions..help needed

#31 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Sep 11 2007, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's got the whole American government thing going on (Chief of State) and groups taken from the American Civil War (the Confederation). It's also got the name Boba. Now having not read the book, I can't tell whether or not it's freakin' Boba Fett AGAIN but my intuition tells me that this is undoubtedly who it is.

It is Boba Fett; Jacen Solo murdered his daughter two books previous. sick.gif

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Sep 11 2007, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And... bloody Darth Caedus! One of the things I hated about the prequels from the outset (before I had even seen them) was that every Tom, Dick and Harry was called Darth Something. It is bloody stupid. Darth was part of Vader's name, not a title. And if it is a title, then the way it's given to every git who picks up a dark side brochure makes it a pretty meaningless one.

Well, there was one available; Darth Krayt, anyone? wink.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#32 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

Every single time I hear something about the EU novels, it makes me more glad that I've never read them - stuff like time-travel plots, and clones of Palpatine, and Jedi during the PT era being used as agricultural labourers if they didn't make the grade (?!?) Sorry, but I'm not going to touch them with a barge-pole. The only EU source I'll go anywhere near is KOTOR (and only the first game at that), and that's because it's what got me into Star Wars in the first place.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#33 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

I agree with you one-hundred percent about all that stuff, Helena. It is however rather unfair though to dismiss all the books entirely on the basis of the rubbish some (okay - well, all but one) authors write. It's hardly Timothy Zahn's fault that a large group of hacks wrote stories about the things you have mentioned above.

I cannot praise Timothy Zahn's work enough. I think if you are a true "Star Wars" fan, then you really don't want to miss out on it.

#34 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

but what if the reason some became drawn to watch the star wars films was because they loved the rubbish about time travelling jedis, argicultural tasks, or cloning palpatine? ..im sure there are a few weird peeps out there.

This post has been edited by princesskadee: 15 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size