Chefelf.com Night Life: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows **SPOILERS** - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows **SPOILERS** Post Release Discussion **SPOILERS**

#61 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

(Note: I'm not exactly back so much a sneaking on here every once in a while on a borrowed computer; this only gives me a few minutes and I try to do it very sparingly - because if this site were discovered by the person to whom this computer belongs, let's just say I'd be in trouble.)

I just wanted to mention that Rowling has said that she wants to write some sort of "Harry Potter Encyclopedia" in which we will learn more about certain characters; mostly bits that she had already written about certain characters (Dean, for one) that had to be edited out, but also she hinted at more information on the main characters to be revealed (such as professions, etc).

Also; Emu, that was brilliant. I can't believe I or more other people hadn't noticed that. There should be tons of little scar-faced kids running around...
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#62 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Emu @ Aug 1 2007, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and as for the epilogue, I was rather disappointed that we don't find out what professions Harry, Ron, and Hermione take on! sure, we find out that they all get married and have n kids with funny names, but I was really curious to find out what they did after being students and all.

J.K. did an interview about the character's futures (there are a lot of pages that highlight it) but here's a quick rundown: http://nymag.com/dai...the_record.html

• Harry has become head of the Auror office, completely revolutionizing the way Aurors do their work.

• Hermione began her career in the Department for Regulation of Magical Creatures, improving the lot of house-elves everywhere. She now is a prominent member of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

• Ron is also an Auror, while additionally a partner in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

• Luna is a naturalist. She's finally realized there's no such thing as a Crumple-Horned Snorkack and is married to the grandson of Newt Scamander, author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

• The Malfoys stayed out of Azkaban; Harry and Draco are cordial but never friends.

• George Weasley named his first child Fred after his dead brother.

• Lupin was killed by Dolohov, and Tonks was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange.

• And most important, what happened to Aberforth Dumbledore? "He is still there, at the Hog's Head, playing with his goats."
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#63 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

So, everyone (except Lupin and Tonks, of course) does get a happy ending... even Teddy! happy.gif

Wow, who else was surprised? smile.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#64 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

Ned Flanders: And then... Harry Potter and all his Wizard friends went Straight to Hell for practicing Witchcraft!

Rod and Todd: Yay!!!!

#65 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Chefelf: hooray, thanks!!!

<nitpick>but I still really think that that all should have gone into the book, not in some interview after the fact.</nitpick>
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#66 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Emu @ Aug 2 2007, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chefelf: hooray, thanks!!!

<nitpick>but I still really think that that all should have gone into the book, not in some interview after the fact.</nitpick>

Exactly. That's the equivalent of Lucas using the Clone Wars cartoons and EU to conveniently explain all the details he missed in his movies.

This post has been edited by Storm: 02 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

#67 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

I mean, I guess the alternative would have been to make $n million more by expanding the HP franchise even further with more books/movies/television shows/eggplants filling in the things she left out. which isn't to say that she still can't do that.....
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
-Laughlyn

-Mirithorn

#68 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

She'll milk Harry Potter until she becomes a billionaire, just like master Lucas. Maybe not though...some fanatic Christian group will try to take her down before she could go the extents deity Lucas did.

#69 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jul 25 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Neville then could have been the one to kill Voldemort. Both Harry and Neville were born on the same day, so the prophecy could have applied to either of them. I was expecting a twist like that in the end.

Mate, we're on the same page on this. Good stuff.

QUOTE (Zewb @ Jul 26 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Spoilers in this video)

This is freakin' classic. These guys drive around shouting spoilers at Harry Potter cosplayers who are waiting for the book. At the very end a fat kid in a robe tries to chase after their van. Hilarious.

The guy in that video is an idiot. Just, why?

This post has been edited by jariten: 02 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

#70 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Aug 2 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She'll milk Harry Potter until she becomes a billionaire, just like master Lucas. Maybe not though...some fanatic Christian group will try to take her down before she could go the extents deity Lucas did.

I doubt it. She's already rich enough to buy half of England and be setting her eyes across the Channel.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#71 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

It's amazing what some people can accomplish in this world by doing a half assed job on something.

#72 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

Storm - she's not a gazillionaire already?!

and the first few books were not half-assed. the 5th and 6th ones were, though, and while the story of the last one was great, the explanations and stuff were a bit half-assed. but I guess you can get away with that sort of thing when you have an advance equivalent to the GDP of some small country and zillions of drooling fans hanging onto your every word.

(to be fair, though, I am one such drooling fan.)

This post has been edited by Emu: 03 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

-Laughlyn

-Mirithorn

#73 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

I think the first three books were well written. The last four, not so much... especially the Half-Blood Prince. Seven was okay, except the ending sucked. Harry should have died and Fenrir Greyback should have eaten every student in the Griffindor house at Hogwarts.

This post has been edited by Storm: 03 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

#74 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

Mate, is there even a reason as to why you hate happy endings? sad.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#75 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Bond @ Aug 3 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mate, is there even a reason as to why you hate happy endings? sad.gif

I'll answer your question with a quote from the movie Clerks.

Randal: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back?"

Dante: "Empire."

Randal: Blasphemy!

Dante: "Empire" had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader is his father, uh, Han gets frozen, taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic