Chefelf.com Night Life: rotten tomatoes.com=i think they are liars!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

rotten tomatoes.com=i think they are liars!!

#1 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

i used to trust the reviews of films given by rottentomatoes.com,.but now i am slowly coming to believe that these are nothing more than a bunch of journalists that are paid handsomely by movie studios to say something nice about films.

dont get me wrong, there are plenty of films listed on rottentomatoes that have suck ass ratings

...but here is where i am getting at.

when a movie first comes out, i have a theory that if you look for reviews on RT for that brand new spanking film..just about every damn review is going to be good,..no matter how cheesy the film is

now..once the film is done in the theatre, and is released on dvd,...well,.thats when the studios really dont care too much, and henceforth..the reviews for the same damn movie can change in stark contrast

i went to look for reviews for the newly released, yet remade, film "hairspray"

boy was i blown away, that every fucking journalist had something wonderful to say about this cheese laden film. jiminy-jumpin jesus christ devil bats!!!...this film only has one bad tomato...its the next star wars,..it has reviews so great of catastrophic porportions...

...i just cant believe that...i cant...i wont...i wont believe that just about every damn journalist out there is jumpin for joy over this damn film

here is the actual page for hairspray ...see for yourself.

http://www.rottentom...om/m/hairspray/

This post has been edited by blueoceans: 20 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

#2 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

Maybe it's because you don't like Hairspray, and that's biasing your opinions? sad.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#3 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Bond @ Jul 20 2007, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it's because you don't like Hairspray, and that's biasing your opinions? sad.gif

no,..youre not getting what i am saying...i am just using hairspray as an example.

go ahead,..suit yourself..find me a single movie ...that has just been released,.no more than 3 days old in the theatre...and see if you can find an RT rating lower than say,..80%

im telling you...the journalists are hypocritical liars,.they are paid to say what is on there , on films that have been just released.

#4 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

Goodness... I always thought Rotten Tomatoes was a pretty accurate gauge of a movie's worth. sad.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born

--Ian Fleming

#5 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Bond @ Jul 20 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goodness... I always thought Rotten Tomatoes was a pretty accurate gauge of a movie's worth. sad.gif

see,..you werent able to find anything...thats exactly what im saying bro.

#6 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

Mmm... I'm just... crying.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born

--Ian Fleming

#7 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:21 AM

You seriously need to get your own website to post this shit. I've never seen anyone who thought forums were the ideal place to post long-winded, opinionated rants about, essentially, nothing.
I don't necessarily mean to offend, but really...

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 24 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

#8 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

That's very true, Hecc; very true, indeed. mellow.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born

--Ian Fleming

#9 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Jul 24 2007, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You seriously need to get your own website to post this shit. I've never seen anyone who thought forums were the ideal place to post long-winded, opinionated rants about, essentially, nothing.
I don't necessarily mean to offend, but really...

so, not only do you disagree with some of my quote long winded rants,.but you would also be casting out many of chefelf's posts too..as his are known to be quite longwinded as well.

such as the one about android women on subways,.the one about budgies,..saab,..bom chika wow, wow..

and these are just chefelf's posts..im sure if you keep on looking hard enough there, bryan hopson..youd see a lot more longwinded rants from other posters as well.

but since you hate me specifically, i can see why you chose to single out one of my longwinded rants

gee whiz,.looks like i just created another one...damn it wink.gif

#10 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (blueoceans @ Jul 24 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, not only do you disagree with some of my quote long winded rants,.but you would also be casting out many of chefelf's posts too..as his are known to be quite longwinded as well.

such as the one about android women on subways,.the one about budgies,..saab,..bom chika wow, wow..

and these are just chefelf's posts..im sure if you keep on looking hard enough there, bryan hopson..youd see a lot more longwinded rants from other posters as well.

but since you hate me specifically, i can see why you chose to single out one of my longwinded rants

gee whiz,.looks like i just created another one...damn it wink.gif

Those are posted originally on his blog. Or on his old website. Not on the forum. His chefelf.com blog posts appear in the forums because the software he runs the blog off of is a part of the forum software.
Seriously, what the hell is your problem? I never disagreed with anything here, I just said you should get your own space to post this stuff. Calling me (incorrectly) by (almost) real name does nothing aside from make you look like a prick (and one who can't read well, at that).
I never actually criticized you personally, nor did I make any sort of comment directed at you as a person. Settle down.

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 24 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

#11 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

somehow, i knew your defense would contain a myriad of technicalities.

#12 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, Chefelf has every right to rant all he wants. It's on his own site. I agree you do tend to ramble and take forever to get to the point, and this ridiculous arrogant defense when anyone calls you on anything is, um, ridiculous. Hecc says (paraphrased heavily) "Maybe you should post your ranting on your own site; since you seem to do it so often, it seems like a better place for it than here." And you assume he's apparently disagreeing with you on every major point of your argument and being hypocritical in doing so? Chill out, dude. Nobody's your enemy here.

I haven't seen Hairspray, but quite frankly, I'm sold on this: "I would pay to see any film that allows Christopher Walken to dance and in a tux no less." By sold, I don't mean I'm going to watch it in theaters, just that Christopher Walken is amazing, especially when he dances, so I might try to find clips on the Intarwebs.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#13 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

Makes me think of Walken back when he did Pennies from Heaven. smile.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born

--Ian Fleming

#14 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 24 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Chefelf has every right to rant all he wants. It's on his own site. I agree you do tend to ramble and take forever to get to the point, and this ridiculous arrogant defense when anyone calls you on anything is, um, ridiculous. Hecc says (paraphrased heavily) "Maybe you should post your ranting on your own site; since you seem to do it so often, it seems like a better place for it than here." And you assume he's apparently disagreeing with you on every major point of your argument and being hypocritical in doing so? Chill out, dude. Nobody's your enemy here.

I haven't seen Hairspray, but quite frankly, I'm sold on this: "I would pay to see any film that allows Christopher Walken to dance and in a tux no less." By sold, I don't mean I'm going to watch it in theaters, just that Christopher Walken is amazing, especially when he dances, so I might try to find clips on the Intarwebs.

I'm glad someone around here is still capable of making sense.

#15 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:25 AM

dry.gif (hmm..should I let the cat out of the bag yet?..nah..ill keep it a secret for now) dry.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size