• +

Phobias Do you have one?

#31 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:53 AM

I can't wait until society crumbles and we can build from the ashes AFTER kicking the crap out of shambling reanimated corpses. But eat, being eaten alive would suck.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#32 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (reiner @ Nov 28 2007, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't like heights or roller coasters but i only have two really irrational fears.
1) Needles and shots. I have no idea why.

I had someone do a shitty job drawing my blood a few years back. I could feel the needle moving around inside my vein and everything. I thought I was ok, but when I stood up, I passed out.

Since then, I have passed out a number of times after getting my blood drawn. I have developed a very real phobia of shots and needles in general, since then.

Now I just tell the nurses ahead of time that I’m going to pass out, so I get to lay down for it, and then get juice and cookies when its done. So it all balances out in the end.

#33 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:21 AM

I don't think I have had my blood drawn in a decade or so. I deal with that worse than other shots. I always hated local anaesthetia when getting dental work done (had a LOT done). Had to get three shots once since my tooth was so sensitive. But rooting around in the vein? And the needle so large? *cringe*

And yes kicking zombie ass. I don't think I fear death as much as torture. At least if I go down fighting the living dead, I go down with honor and valor and all that noise.

I took stock of the games and movies I owned a while back. At least half had some sort of zombie overtone or a zombie in them. I hadn't even realized it.

#34 User is offline   sesame_street_hustler Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (TruJade @ Jun 6 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never getting married

ill marry you trujade

the world is a game of players & pawns with everyone striving to be the king

#35 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

I may have mentioned already, but, like, ABSURD pyrophobia.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#36 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Nov 29 2007, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had someone do a shitty job drawing my blood a few years back. I could feel the needle moving around inside my vein and everything. I thought I was ok, but when I stood up, I passed out.

Since then, I have passed out a number of times after getting my blood drawn. I have developed a very real phobia of shots and needles in general, since then.

Now I just tell the nurses ahead of time that I’m going to pass out, so I get to lay down for it, and then get juice and cookies when its done. So it all balances out in the end.

That's pretty much how I react, save the passing out. I usually am close to passing out, then react in the only way my sociopathic little brain can, which is to throw up and regain enough mental clarity to wonder why I threw up when I could have just passed out.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#37 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

I've been recently coming to realize that I may have the stupidest phobia known to man. A fear of snoring.

Okay, it's not so much a fear of it as an absolute abhorring and loathing that makes me want to rip the throat out of the offending sleeper. If it goes on for too long it can seriously bring me into a near murderous rage and to avoid tearing off my own ears and/or the snorer's throat, I have to go somewhere I can no longer hear it, even if it means leaving my own dorm room and taking refuge in a guyfriend's bed or an icy bench outside or something. But it's gotten so bad, and it stems from what I would consider traumatic childhood experiences (evil grandmother <and I honestly mean evil - both I and my parents have endured some serious abuse from her> that made me sleep in her hotel bed), that shrinks might consider it a phobia...

I feel so embarrassed to admit that, but strangely somewhat lightened. Heh...
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#38 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

I have extreme vertigo to the extent that my legs want to give out but I'm glad I have it because I get such a buzz out of going up high places anyway. I recently took a trip around Italy and the place is full of medievil towers some had extremly narrow rickity wooden staircases up the middle and I'm telling you now vertigo or not any person would be bricking it going up there. I've also stood on the top of the leaning tower of pisa as you can imagine the floor isnt level and the railings are very low and not bolted down there just the same flimsy fences you see at fairs. Like I said what a rush.

On second thoughts my fear isnt of heights its someone sneaking up behind me an pushing me over the edge...

I also used to be scared of needles but not any more best way is just to grit your teeth an bear it.
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#39 User is offline   Itaritz Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Video Games, SciFi, Fantasy, trying to write SciFi and Fantasy, political philosophy (Let's face it , the higher stuff is for physicists now), Yahtzee, Craig Ferguson, Hank the Cowdog, and orange juice. That about covers it.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

I don't like hot things. Yeah yeah, many possible jokes, but that's the one that springs to mind. I especially don't like dealing with metal pots and pans, or indeed with stoves or ovens in the first place, since I can't tell how hot they are and usually have to pick them up or clean them or something. Thank Klein for microwaves.

A lesser (and far stranger) one is the Salvation Army. I'm serious. They creep me out. I mean, come on, an 80-year-old man standing in the poring rain at something like 37 degrees fahrenheit (I still have to copy that word off 451's cover...) wearing a bright red bib, standing next to a bright red pot, ringing a bell and talking to absolutely everyone in an insanely cheerful voice? ...I don't know, I can't explain it. I have nothing against charity or Christian sects, but those people just freak me out. Probably some suppressed trauma from my childhood...

...Excuse me, I have to go psychoanalyze myself now...

This post has been edited by Itaritz: 16 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

When in doubt, plead sarcasm.

The ETSP - Worst. Website. Ever.

#40 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:55 AM

I have a fear of any word where the first letter is an "i" and the second letter is a capital. I call it iSyndrome.

#41 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

I have a fear of electricity. I was electrocuted once, and it really fucking hurts.
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#42 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Jan 17 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a fear of any word where the first letter is an "i" and the second letter is a capital. I call it iSyndrome.

Whats the word for fear of fear, phobaphobia? tongue.gif
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#43 User is offline   Toaster Icon

• New Cop

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

I have a fear of crowds, cramped areas, and going to the bathroom in public restrooms knowing someone's in the area with me.

#44 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Toaster @ Jan 21 2008, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a fear of crowds, cramped areas, and going to the bathroom in public restrooms knowing someone's in the area with me.

Ditto. That is just pure hell.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#45 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

I'm afraid of mice, going into new places, people in general, fungus, being late to things, the dark, drive-by shootings (really, because of where I live), mold (especially bread mold), children, clowns, horses, our business manager, bugs, dirt, viruses, people looking at my heiney, people looking at me at all, um, hamsters.

Yup, that's about it. Oh, and spoiled milk.

Abbey: I deal with my fear of zombies by mentally going through every room I enter and finding all the weapons. It's a game and a survival method. wink.gif
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size