• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Phobias Do you have one?

#1 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:52 AM

I am painfully arachnophobic. For some reason however, I am able to play with tarantulas. I think its cause they have that extra pair of legs up front. That and they’re real mellow - they just sort of walk around real slow and don’t do anything too creepy.

I have a zombie phobia too. I realize zombies arent “real” but that doesn’t stop me from having irrational fears about them.

I remember when the 2005 tsunami killed all those people just after Christmas. I had just bought and watched Dawn of the Dead (the newer one) the night before. I remember the irrational fear I had - thinking: what if they all came back as zombies? Sure its not very likely, but what if all of a sudden it happened?

I worked myself into a horrible anxiety attack and was forced to watch Dawn of the Dead again with the directors commentary so I could hear about how fake it was and how they were all just actors and so on.

The commentary was hilarious so it worked out in my favor.

Any body else have an irrational fear that makes them think and do retarded stuff?

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

I don't really have a phobia; I'm not really irrationally afraid of anything. But I irrationally hate a few things. Yes, this is different. For instance, mirrors. I hate them, which is pretty stupid and irrational. But I use one every day, and can do anything with a mirror if for some reason I needed to or just wanted to prove to someone it's not a fear. tongue.gif I also hate clowns and always have; I've never understood their appeal. But again, I could be around one if I had to. And I don't like feet. They're gross.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

i have arachnophobia really bad. when i see one of those eight-legged bastards. i look at it for about 3 seconds in disbelief, then i emit a high pitched scream like a 12 year old girl hitting puberty.

then i find whatever is nearby, then i kill it...and as im killing it,.i gnash my teeth in disgust and chant about 25 or so curse words before throwing away the napkin or whatever i used to kill it, in the trash.

beyond that, i dont think i have any other phobias
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

I had a fear of sleeping in the dark not because of hearing horror stories. I saw strange things that happened attached to bad dreams as I woke up only in certain places so I always slept with the light on. I might have mentioned that before.

Now I don't sleep with the light on after moving upstairs and not have those sort of events happening.

Spiders are my second brought on from someone elses fear.

I am beginning to understand a little about spiders including the one outside my door. I think it is a money spider and from what I read they eat their own kind when they are hungry by spinning a thick web whilst the other is sleeping, pumping a digestive fluid through a sharp built in needle thing into the other spider and then they feed on the digested parts into fluid form. But this doesn't help solve my fear.

#5 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

I don't know the fancy scientific names but
Lets see....
I'm afraid of Heights
like i can't even jump from
the fourth stair on a staircase

spiders, mice and or rats
but i don't scream unless
they are un Godly close to me

I have a fear of dying alone, or in the kitchen,
in my room, on the bus
and in the bathroom

I have a fear of armed robbery
not being able to provide for myself
never getting married

theres more but
i think you all get the point

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#6 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

I hate eating in public. I would rather eat fast food in my car than have a fancy meal in a restaurant, even if someone else was paying for it. When I have to, I like to sit in a corner or near a wall so nobody is behind me.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#7 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

Pyrophobia, big time. At church we pass around a chalice and say things during the youth group. I have to put it on the floor 'cause I don't like holding fire.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#8 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:08 PM

I should also mention that I'm not afraid of dust spiders very tiny spiders or spiders that are outside (as long as theyre not on me).

I am creeped out by clowns.

I do have a Killer Klown from Outer Space phobia... but I dont know what that is called.

I'm also pretty scared of lice... but I think everybody is.

#9 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

Clowns are so evil it isn't funny.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#10 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

I have an irrational fear of being caught in the midst of a drive-by shooting. I cannot explain why.
And I'm not afraid of lice, and don't know anyone who is, so I think you may be alone on that one.

#11 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:43 PM

I am irrationally terrified of people. Or rather, that people really, really hate me, they just won't tell me. Especially grocery store clerks, who, I suspect, hate me much more than the average person, since they have a chance to see and mentally criticize my purchases as well as my appearance. I can usually get this fear to subside by pretending I'm someone else, though. I also tend to sit with my back to the wall in restaurants, both so that fewer people see me, and so that if they decide that they have finally had it with my obnoxious appearance, I can see them take the gun out and, hopefully, dodge the bullet or dive under the table or something.

I don't have a fear of zombies so much as a tendency to act as if there will be a zombie attack at some point in the future. It's another reason why I never stand farther away from a wall than I have to, and try to put people between myself and the door. After all, zombies are slow, right? And even slower, I suspect, if they're munching on other people's brains. For this reason I always have the feeling that people who stand or sit in the middle of rooms are stupid, and I feel faintly guilty about not warning them to find a better position.

It's also how I evaluate potential purchases. Many a time, the deciding factor in whether to buy something or not has been, "Well, is it practical/necessary to have this while fleeing from zombies?" The same goes for things I already own. For instance, when I'm getting dressed in the morning, or deciding what to bring with me somewhere, since if I'm running from zombies I want to travel light.

I think lice would make me freak out. After all, there are little, vicious, nearly brainless creatures EATING YOUR HEAD. Who wouldn't be a little scared?
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#12 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Mirithorn @ Jun 7 2007, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have a fear of zombies so much as a tendency to act as if there will be a zombie attack at some point in the future. It's another reason why I never stand farther away from a wall than I have to, and try to put people between myself and the door. After all, zombies are slow, right? And even slower, I suspect, if they're munching on other people's brains. For this reason I always have the feeling that people who stand or sit in the middle of rooms are stupid, and I feel faintly guilty about not warning them to find a better position.

It's also how I evaluate potential purchases. Many a time, the deciding factor in whether to buy something or not has been, "Well, is it practical/necessary to have this while fleeing from zombies?" The same goes for things I already own. For instance, when I'm getting dressed in the morning, or deciding what to bring with me somewhere, since if I'm running from zombies I want to travel light.

I store non-perishable foods and make sure I have plenty of sharp swords and blunt weapons on hand just incase. I figure swords don’t run out of bullets. The Samurai swords seem like they would be better suited to long term zombie-warfare as opposed to the medieval style swords. They're lighter and double folded or something and I think they'd be good for the long haul.

I also plan my rout of escape when I go to new places, just in case. Of course, all my planning takes into consideration the possibility of the fast-running zombies from the newer Dawn of the Dead.

This is all probably terribly unhealthy. I think it all stems from that day my babysitter let me watch night of the living dead when I was 4. What a bitch.

#13 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jun 6 2007, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should also mention that I'm not afraid of dust spiders very tiny spiders or spiders that are outside (as long as theyre not on me).

I am creeped out by clowns.

I do have a Killer Klown from Outer Space phobia... but I dont know what that is called.

I'm also pretty scared of lice... but I think everybody is.

i dated a girl once who also shared your phobia,.fear of clowns.

she said her phobia was brought on by Stephen King's "IT"
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#14 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:17 AM

I would just like to say, before I add an even longer and much more serious post when I am more awake, that your avatar kind of freaks me out to a certain degree, Mireaux. Every time I see it I have to scroll down really quickly or it's like, "Ahh! She's coming at me, back up!" It’s like that strangely disturbed feeling I get whenever there's a sudden extreme close-up in a show or movie, or an actor or TV host does something like licking/kissing/charging the camera to be silly or weird. Whenever that happens I can't even look at the screen, and at the worst times feel like I need to flee the room.

Does that freak anyone else out, or is it just another facet of my people-and/or-touch-phobia?
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#15 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:26 AM

Only if it were an extremely ugly girl or a bloke in that avatar pic, and it's not.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size