Chefelf.com Night Life: Plug and Play games - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Plug and Play games games built into a controller

#1 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:24 PM

This is a thread to talk about plug and play video games. Most of these game devices are made by Jakks Pacific & Radica, and a few other makers as well.

Most of these games dont really appeal much to me, because some of the offerings really arent true ports from other consoles, but rather cheaply made games featuring well-known characters.

On average, the typical controller will have about 4-5 games built into it and will sell for about $20.00.

I own a controller made by Radica that features 4 sonic the hedgehog games in it: Sonic 1 & 2, Sonic Spinball, and Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine. It wasnt a bad deal for only $9.99, and the quality of the games is on par with that of Sega Genesis.

I wish Nintendo would have hopped onto this bandwagon, and made some of their old-school offerings available.

One time, while shopping in a mall, I did encounter a salesman who was selling what looked like your typical Nintendo 64 controller, and it had about 20 or 30 Nintendo games built into it. I dont recall all of the offerings, but they seemed to all be NES games. I do recall Contra and Super Mario Brothers being included though. I didnt buy it, because I felt his asking price of $39.99 was just a tad too steep.

I have seen some of the Namco Museum controllers, I felt that the joystick on this device seemed weak, like it would break or become loose over time.

I have also seen a Mortal Kombat plug and play, but it only featured the first Mortal Kombat. I think a MK controller featuring 1, 2, & 3 would have sold much better. Who wants only one game built into a controller?..that gets old fast.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

My brother has something kinda like that, that has a whole bunch of old Atari-era games on it, like Asteroid and the like. It's kinda cool. I've seen the Nintendo thing that I think you're talking about, or at least something similar - it had about 60 games on it, though - Excite Bike, Duck Hunt, and Super Mario Brothers are the only ones I can remember being on there, but it seemed like a pretty okay deal at the time - certainly less expensive than buying an old NES and all those games; but there were several games on there that just weren't all that great.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

I have one of those things, but it has games from Namco if I'm not mistaken. I forget. I have seen the Nintendo one around, however. I really wish I grabbed that Sega one. sad.gif It was a good deal, and Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine? Greatness. I can't find it anywhere, though.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#4 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ Jun 16 2007, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have one of those things, but it has games from Namco if I'm not mistaken. I forget. I have seen the Nintendo one around, however. I really wish I grabbed that Sega one. sad.gif It was a good deal, and Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine? Greatness. I can't find it anywhere, though.

I got mine from Target, you should try there. If that fails, try ordering directly from Targets website.

in fact, here ya go..i made it easy for you..its a link to target with the device in question already accessed,.just put it in your cart and whip out your credit card. easy as done.

http://www.target.co...p;ref=sr_bx_1_1
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#5 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

I had this really great idea the other day. What if someone took a NES controller, ripped out the internals, and turned it into a portable NES emulator with a built-in SD card reader that you plug into a TV? That would be fucking sweet. I would do it, but I don't know anything about electronics.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#6 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Jul 2 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had this really great idea the other day. What if someone took a NES controller, ripped out the internals, and turned it into a portable NES emulator with a built-in SD card reader that you plug into a TV? That would be fucking sweet. I would do it, but I don't know anything about electronics.

yeah, that would be a killer idea,.only if executed legally sound.

cause video game history knows how nintendo's lawyers love to sue.
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size