• (3 Pages)
  • +

Introductions and some art. And by art I mean 'Look, I can wield a pen."

#31 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

Thats some pretty good stuff right there, although the tall man is usually reperesented as being slightly misshapen much to the unease of others, but yours looks just as good.

#32 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

Your Tall Man is great. Make more of it.

#33 User is offline   Black Charlie Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

Thanks to everyone in the thread for your comments/critiques. I am glad you are enjoying my artwork. smile.gif

I am in a bit of an art block at the moment. I'll try again in a few days to update this thread with something decent.

#34 User is offline   Candescence Icon

• New Cop

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:33 AM

Fantastic Tall Man rendition, mate.

By the way... I couldn't help but notice the inevitable topic about Anime, thanks to El Pres. Really, Anime just happens to be a really popular thing, can't help it if it looks completely different and it's an interesting change from western styles. At least they're different from typical western comics/cartoons. Also... One should note, that 'Manga' is actually a much more appropriate word to use for the style and when referring to non-animated 'anime' stuff. Anime is a word normally reserved for the animations, not the comics. Hell, I tend to use 'manga' more often than 'anime'. Must be me trying to find any new manga books in my school library.

Really, manga-style is what it says. It's just a style, you can use it if you want, or not. It's not impossible to develop your own style of drawing manga, either. In fact, you can tell the differences between the styles of different manga artists. I can easily tell between the styles of Akira Toriyama (Creator of DBZ) and Eiichiro Oda (Guy who does One Piece).

Also... Black Charlie, you said you were trying to get manga out of your drawing style? That's perfectly fine... Hell, you've done an incredible job with that. Your works don't seem to have a hint of manga in them. Even the 'Plush Trilby' doesn't look like a chibi.

Bloody hell, was I ranting? Can't help myself, can I? blushing.gif

Anyways... Two requests: Firstly, draw Cabadath as he was BEFORE Chzo got to him... Maybe a 'before and after' side by side comparison, methinks.

Oh, and the girls didn't get any love. If you draw one of the female characters, that would be fantastic.

This post has been edited by Candescence: 21 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

IPB Image

#35 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

Fair play, but as I've said, I has its place, and thats fine, but its when things try to overstep the boundrys and unballence things that I start to have a problem. I had the same attitude to pop music in the 90's and Indy music a while back, and at the moment I often take a crack at the overuse of CGI.

On topic when are we getting some more eye food Black Charlie?

#36 User is offline   Black Charlie Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Jun 26 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On topic when are we getting some more eye food Black Charlie?

Hopefully soon! I have been packing up to move about 20 miles down the road from my home of 15+ years. Harder than it sounds as it seems I have saved almost every single thing from dead batteries to bar napkin sketches.

Anyways... Two requests: Firstly, draw Cabadath as he was BEFORE Chzo got to him... Maybe a 'before and after' side by side comparison, methinks.

Oh, and the girls didn't get any love. If you draw one of the female characters, that would be fantastic.

Awesome ideas, thank you! Hopefully I can sit down and do some of those this week - I haven't been drawing much due to this packing business. (And something called Resident Evil 4 or such took over my life - hell of a game.)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size