• +

Vaders Suit

#16 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

That would've sucked. It's like ending ROTJ with the Vader bonfire: it just doesn't bring enough closure. Not everything revolves around big bad Vader, you know. tongue.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#17 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Toru-chan @ Jul 14 2007, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the DVD Commentary he says he wanted to tie up all the threads between the OT and the PT. That's why it looked and felt like a checklist.

Time constraint? He had 20 years. The moral: Don't leave your homework until the last minute :-)

when i referenced time constraints, i was referring to ROTS's film duration, not the time for the planning stages Lucas had under his belt before he decided to start shooting ROTS.

QUOTE (Storm @ Jul 14 2007, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the movie could have ended in the scene where the mask is lowered onto Vader's head and he begins his mechanical breathing for the first time. We could have put the rest together.

splendid idea. i will await for you to throw together a ROTS fan edit.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#18 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (mireaux7 @ Jul 14 2007, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i referenced time constraints, i was referring to ROTS's film duration, not the time for the planning stages Lucas had under his belt before he decided to start shooting ROTS.
splendid idea. i will await for you to throw together a ROTS fan edit.

I don't know; I doubt it'll be any better than that hackjob Phantom Edit... unsure.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#19 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

It's less the available in a crisis suit that bothers me here and more the fact that the suited up Vader is at least 6 inches shorter in ROTS than in ROTJ. What happened, did his bionic legs get sliced and diced in ROTJ and so a longer pair were called for?

Also, why the hell does it take Anakin/Vader micro seconds to learn to walk in those bionic legs? Even in another galazy, far far away, it ought to have taken days if not weeks to be able to walk in those tin legs, rather than nano seconds

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jun 2 2007, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It took Palpatine a total of 5 minutes to hook Darth Vader up with a shiny new Darth Vader suit. Is it like a special burn victim suit? Do all burn victims in the empire/republic wear such fancy apparatuses? If so, why would people be so intimidated by it?

Didnt Anakin find it a smidge suspicious that his master just happened to have one laying around... in Sith Lord Black, no less?

#20 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jul 14 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the movie could have ended in the scene where the mask is lowered onto Vader's head and he begins his mechanical breathing for the first time. We could have put the rest together.

Yup. Lucas loves to slap you over the head with the obvious. He seems to forget that not everything has to be be 100% obvious upon the first viewing. Especially for movies that fans will likely watch hundreds of times. Leave us some subtleties for later!

The most disappointing thing in the story for me was that he just got the suit all at once. I always imagined that he would have been injured most severely in a battle with Obi-Wan towards the end of the second film. Then he would be replaced with some various cyborg replacement parts. For most of ROTS he could have that bottom breathing apparatus (sorta like how he looks when Luke takes off the mast in ROTJ). Then as a final thing they'd put on the helmet, or whatever.

Seems weird that they'd A ) have that suit all ready and B ) he would just go into it immediately.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size