Chefelf.com Night Life: Alternate Synchronizing Solution - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Alternate Synchronizing Solution

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

I have an iRiver T30 MP3 player that for whatever reason seems to require the use of Windows Media Player to sync it and add files to the player. Since I am thoroughly sick of using that miserable application for this (it's sluggish, cumbersome, and hogs system resources) I would like to find an alternative solution. Does anyone know of any applications that can be used for this in place of Windows Media Player?
I know there are alternative applications for use with iPods (since iTunes is just as bad on Windows) but I can't find much that works with other players.

For anyone who needs to know, specs are:
Player: iRiver T30 (1GB)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional

And before anyone suggests it, no I cannot drag and drop files to the player. It shows up in Windows Explorer but I can't create subfolders on the player, which means the files are just kind of tossed on there in no particular order.

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:55 PM

That sucks; I thought iRivers were better than that. Of course, if they had to be so uncreative as to steal the lowercase i... I dunno. Are you maybe missing the software that allows you to organize the files with Explorer? My Creative mp3 player came with its own little explorer program that's really easy and convenient; I can drag and drop and it organizes them into artists/genres/etc automatically (assuming they're labeled right); and I can get in the Creative explorer and set up playlists, correctly label incorrectly labeled files, etc. I guess I assumed all major mp3 players would come with something like that.
Also, Music Match Jukebox has an aspect that organizes/uploads things to mp3 players for you, but I don't know how well it would work for an iRiver. Might be worth a try, though.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:08 PM

Sadly I can only find Linux tools on Sourceforge for that.

Seems you are not the only one:
http://www.linuxform...m...opic&t=2760

I think it was done on behalf of DRM obsessions.

Reminds me of the days before tools were made for the Rio players.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size