• +

the household pet thread dog, cat, bird, snake, fish, hamster, etc etc etc

#16 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Aww, poor bat... I like them, too. They're so soft and completely quiet when they're not flopping about or squeaking. They have the cutest little beaks, too. happy.gif You should be careful about the rabies, though.

I wonder how it spreads? Bats don't attack one another around here, and they only eat bugs. Do they maybe eat mosquitos that have feasted upon an animal with rabies and contract it like that?

Dee: I'm sorry that you're allergic to cats. I think medications exist to counter allergies like that, if you ever want to have another one.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#17 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

Well actually I read to bath the cat in distilled water a month and the real problem is the saliva that turns to dust. So to bath cats every day in room temperature and that might help. Just worried about it appearing cruel if the cat doesn't want to be bathed.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 11 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

#18 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:17 PM

we have a cat named pouncer. we call him pouncer cause when he greets you, he pounces.,.its really cute how he does it,.sort of like a mini jump, if you will.

sometimes, he will stand on his hind legs, and put his front paws on your leg,.begging for food or attention.

we even nickname his name...sometimes we call him pouncer-rouncer,.pouncy-wouncy,.pouncies,..rouncika,..pouncerita,.pouncerina,.robo-pouncer,..pouncertron..pouncer-cheena

...i know,.they are all silly names,.but doesnt a lot of pets have these?
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#19 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ May 11 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder how it spreads? Bats don't attack one another around here, and they only eat bugs. Do they maybe eat mosquitos that have feasted upon an animal with rabies and contract it like that?

I think its transmitted through saliva or fluid exchange in general. Some animals can carry it without dying from it - like bats and raccoons and stuff.

#20 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:20 PM

ive heard that bat feces is used to make womens mascara,.its what gives it its clumpy texture so that it holds onto the eyelashes.

#21 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (blueoceans @ May 13 2007, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ive heard that bat feces is used to make womens mascara,.its what gives it its clumpy texture so that it holds onto the eyelashes.

I would think using synthetic materials would be easier and more cost efficient than scraping around for bat poo. I know its an extremely valuable fertilizer, but other than that, I dont know.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size