Chefelf.com Night Life: Centered around a Go Cart race... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Centered around a Go Cart race... overexaggeration to the extreme

#16 User is offline   Frank the Rabbit Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

always look on ....the bright...side of life

whoo whoo who who who who who who

#17 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 18 2007, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went and saw Slayer last night and some girl got on her boyfriends shoulders. She seemed like a nice girl, cute and wore glasses, but she commited a fopar by blocking the view of everone behind her. and i said, "Hey people behind you can't see! you have to flash your tits if you're going to do that, to appease the gods!" She looked at me and i just shrugged my shoulders and said "hey, I don't make up the rules."

That's a coincidence, Barend because I went to slayer too with some friends and my big brother. I couldn't see, so he hoisted me up on his shoulders. Then someone behind me shouted "Show us your tits" I'm a bit dumpy but I can take a joke, so I did.

Weird people in Sydney, eh? :-)

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

were you wearing glasses?

edit: "joke?"

This post has been edited by barend: 18 April 2007 - 10:00 PM

#19 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 12 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in a galaxy where people can surf on lava, pod racing is definatley tantamount to go carts.

but a 10 year old? give me a fucking break, when was he practicing? from the age of 3 sitting on a couple of phone books pulling the controlls with coat hangers?

to be fair the pod race is more like a motorcycle race, but the go-cart, although somewhat hyperbolous, is stil apt.

APT!!!

i defend it sir.

it was an insignificant moment in SW history that robbed us of adequate time to persue the story

the lava scenes in ROTS,..yeah..that was SILLY! That much lava and that high of temperatures, would have at least made vader & obi-wan somewhat heat-exhausted, to say the absolute least. yet, we see them both implementing each side of the force to use as invisible body coolants. damn..why didnt i think of that force concept??

lets remember that Lucas is an aficianado of racing, Lucas grew up in a time in America when muscle cars prevailed and the rebellion of the American teenager was up and becoming.
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:50 PM

force body cooling? and what was Padme using? even where she was standing, the second she left that ship, she'd have been dead in under a minute.

#21 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

The coldness of Annie's love protected her from the inside. It's true, I read it on theforce.net.

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

and the fish people?

#23 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

Jar-Jar's cousins. They can swim in lava and have an underlava base?

There's always a bigger fish explanation.

#24 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

So wait . . .
Does that mean

that the Gungans
are force-sensitive too

i mean i know anyone
can be a jedi but an entire race?!!?!!?

and on a lava planet?
That striaght up bottles the mind

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#25 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Apr 23 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jar-Jar's cousins. They can swim in lava and have an underlava base?

do they boink like bunniesdown there and have underlarva-lovin-larvae?

#26 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Yes. The B-52's sing about it in LAVA.

#27 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 19 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
were you wearing glasses?
edit: "joke?"

Yes, Joke. I do home brewing. You don't want to see me without my shirt off. Mental Image of my sitting on my little brother's shoulders with my shirt off waving at you? A thousand Slayer fans cry out in terror... :-)

the lava scenes in ROTS,..yeah..that was SILLY! That much lava and that high of temperatures, would have at least made vader & obi-wan somewhat heat-exhausted, to say the absolute least.

Again I find myself recommending the ROTS DVD commentary to fellow Chefelves. The CGI losers said 'we added the blow glow underneath the hover platforms because we realized it would get very hot so this is why they don't melt' (that's from memory, but it's pretty close). The CGI losers had *far* too much control over this story.

I look at that Wookie Planet battle and there is so much CGI it seems fake. Something is missing, or maybe the something is 'too much'

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Toru-chan @ Apr 24 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, Joke.

no i meant "joke" as in "what do you mean 'a joke'?"

as in, I Wasn't jokeing.

but i was...

it was a joke.

but i was chuffed when she did flash.

and I knew you were joking because you talked about seeing star wars at an age this girl could not have (or was unlikley to have) been.

You don't want to see me without my shirt off.

laugh.gif

that good huh? wub.gif

Again I find myself recommending the ROTS DVD commentary to fellow Chefelves. The CGI losers said 'we added the blow glow underneath the hover platforms because we realized it would get very hot so this is why they don't melt' (that's from memory, but it's pretty close). The CGI losers had *far* too much control over this story.

I don't remember seeing the blue lava protection at the movies or on the bootleg taped at the movies.

i do still have the booty somewhere, so i should check.

maybe they read chefelf's review and posts here and thought they better fix it.

but, NOT FIXED ENOUGH.

#29 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Apr 12 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I would have preferred a go kart race. Something along the lines of Mario Kart. It would have been great if Sebulba had hot a red shell at Anakin but Anakin counteracted it with a string of banana peels.

crying.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#30 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:11 AM

Sometimes I start feeling sorry for the PT. I start thinking, you know, maybe its not as bad as all that. And sometimes my pity gets mingled with my boredom and I think, ‘maybe I’ll wash some of that sand out of my vagina and have another look at the PT.’

So, I dust off the old DVD cases and I pop in TPM, which I enjoy the most of the three. Of course when I say ‘enjoy’ I mean ‘despise the least.

After I pop some popcorn, open a Guiness and hit PLAY, I begin to feel the vague beginnings of some all to familiar emotions. From the time it takes for the FBI WARNING to show up on the screen to the DISC MENU to do its thing, I have gone from curiosity (at whether or not its going to be as painful as I remember), to guilt (as I know I’m consciously wasting precious minutes out of my life that I will never get back), to shame (knowing that I would be mortified should anyone discover I was watching them of my own free will).

And then… the opening crawl…

And just as the yellow paragraphs are fading into the starry oblivion, the deep despair and sickening boredom have set in entirely and I realize, while I have firmly resolved to watch the entire movie all the way through, I have neither the stomach, nor the balls to do so.

Instead, I scramble hurriedly for the remote control and skip all the way to the last fight scene with Darth Maul, Obi-wan and Quigon, making sure I skip through all the stupid Naboo/Space battles in between.

Then I turn it off and go scrub some grout or something.

On the other hand, despite the fact I have seen episodes 4, 5, and 6 in upwards of 30 times each, I can still turn any of them on and make it all the way through without hitting SKIP, and not feel too bad about the lost hour and a half when its all said and done.

No matter how bad I start feeling for the PT at times, there's still really no good excuse for defending it.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size