Chefelf.com Night Life: Transformers toys..new and old - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Transformers toys..new and old more than meets the eye

#1 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:06 AM

There wasnt any "TOY" forum, so I had to put this in general.

if youre a boy and grew up in the 1980's, chances are, you collected and played with Transformer toys. Im sure many of you have played with me, Optimus Prime (no sexual pun intended, as robots dont have sexuality..or do they? arcee anyone?)

like most of you, i love generation one. im not really sure what happened in the 1990's with the toys,.but it pretty much sucked.

even many of the toys now suck. i was very disappointed with the cheap shoddy classic deluxe toys.
i own grimlock and rodimus,..which the quality of these toys pales severely in comparison with their circa 1986 counterparts. after i bought these 2, i gave up on that line.

i bought some of the star wars transformers. i own darth vader and grevious. i havent opened these up though,.i think they will be worth lots of money. i hope im right.

i absolutely love the alternators series. here, is a series of transformers toys that somewhat resembles the way i remember transformers being..."cool as hell".

of this series i own:

the new ravage: he turns into a jaguar..the old one turns into a black corvette

ricochet

mirage

meister (jazz's japanese name)

rumble

windcharger

ive heard that some people have had problems with the red dodge ram optimus prime figure,.so i avoided buying that one

i want megatron, dammit..they need to think of a design for him. i think a silver metallic land rover would be cool..i would say a harley-davidson, but that would be biting off of Go-Bots Cy-Kill a bit too much, wouldnt it?

This post has been edited by optimus_prime: 03 April 2007 - 02:07 AM

"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (optimus_prime @ Apr 3 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
meister (jazz's japanese name)

From Master to Jazz, huh? huh.gif Now if that's not a very free interpretation...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Apr 3 2007, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Master to Jazz, huh? huh.gif Now if that's not a very free interpretation...

it was determined that hasbro couldnt legally copyright the name Jazz, for some reason,.i guess music; being that its also a music genre, and a sucky basketball team.

so they had to name him "autobot jazz" for a while. then when his alternator form came out, they decided to christen him with his japanese name "meister".

note: jazz has always been called meister in japan, ever since generation 1.

This post has been edited by optimus_prime: 03 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

#4 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:44 AM

I currently have my old Soundwave toy standing on a stack of CD's next to my monitor pointing his gun at me.

To my right is a stack of every single DVD's containing every single G1 episode, as well as the movie.

I have no intention to collect or even watch Beast Wars or anything newer. The Transformers series finished after Rebirth Part 3. That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming movie.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size