• Last »

Spiderman 3

#31 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

Seeing it tomorrow night.

I hope to God there's not too much MJ/Peter 'romance'; those scenes stunk up the first two. Kirsten Dunst is way too chirpy and winsome, it's like she's channeling Meg Ryan. As for Toby, sometimes I think he takes the 'geek' aspect of the character to extremes. But hell, the villains look cool, the action promises to be exciting, and I'm a huge fan of the black suit, so I can handle a little sap I suppose.

#32 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:11 AM

I saw it tonight (rather, this morning). I won't say anything at this point beyond a good enough movie to merit spending ticket money on, since some people are picky about spoilers. It isn't a bomb like Episode 1 or anything, that's for sure, but I don't think it's Citizen Kane, either.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#33 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

My only problem to date was Gwen Stacy being omitted. The Original Green Goblin should have killed her.

Their is no way the original symbiotic suit story could fit. The comic which introduced it was a mini series involving many super hero's fighting in a new galaxy.

Dr. Conner's will also be in this one, which is kind of cool. But I agree that too many villains is a bad thing. Harry will be knocked out at 25% mark, sand man will be killed at 50%, and Venom will be introduced at 75% and escape at 100% mark. It will be sloppy.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#34 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

I don't think it was particularly sloppy, and it doesn't follow that progression.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#35 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

Even if it doesn't follow in that progression, Spiderman will obiously walk away from the black suit half way through the film, and eddie brock will inherit it.

You could do a whole movie on spiderman becoming power hungry off that suit. So it has to be rushed, cause I know venom is in this one. Lots of films today feel rushed. Peter will wear the suit and 35 mins later decide it's too powerful and making him do things he normally wouldn't do.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#36 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

i hope arnold schwarzenegger makes a cameo in spiderman 3,..that would be cool.

spidey would be swinging from his web above the streets of manhattan and arnold would say something like:

"i remember when i was swinging from da crane in tur-ma-nay-tuh 3..it hurt very baud-ley...i tink i hurt muh shouldah,.it hurt,..you should be careful spi-duh-man........and dont be a gurl-lie man"

This post has been edited by blueoceans: 04 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

#37 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:55 PM

i just saw spiderman 3,..and it was friggin awesome...i want to tell so much...but i dont want to cast spoiler content...it is worth the premium ticket price and wait in line...dont forget to grab that big ass bucket 'o butter popcorn and two large cokes..one for you and your honey

a definite must see,..and must buy when to dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the best spidey in the whole trilogy
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

#38 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

Oh. My. God.

I'll wait until there's a spoilers-allowed thread to say more, but that movie was a HUGE letdown. My girlfriend was laughing out loud in the theater, as were most of the people there. Painful.

#39 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Commodore @ May 4 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh. My. God.

I'll wait until there's a spoilers-allowed thread to say more, but that movie was a HUGE letdown. My girlfriend was laughing out loud in the theater, as were most of the people there. Painful.

yeah,.it usually sucks when the film starts scrolling vertically cause the camera kid is asleep and isnt doing his job,..im sorry you missed out on a great film..i hope you asked management for a refund..i usually do when the film scrolls like that.
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

#40 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Commodore @ May 4 2007, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh. My. God.

sad.gif aw. I wanna know. *goes and pouts in the corner*

#41 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

Imunna see it today at a birthday party for a kid I don't like much.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#42 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

I liked it. More than the first one, and perhaps on par with the second.

They tried to cram far too much stuff in, and there was an odd amount of superfluous nonsense, but on the the whole it was a lot of fun.

#43 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

Im gonna try to avoid spoiler content,.but simply say that my only regret about the film is that i think they introduced venom a bit late into the film. i would have liked to see him much earlier,..say by about 10 or 15 minutes earlier.

#44 User is offline   Frank the Rabbit Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Everyone in the theater clapped when it was over, but not because it was good...

#45 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:54 AM

I saw it last night and I have to say it was definitely an enjoyable film. Anyone expecting a straight adaptation from the comics shouldn't bother seeing it (nor should they bother breathing), but a casual fan would definitely enjoy it.

EDIT:
Bruce Campbell's role easily tops his parts in the first two. Easily.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size