Chefelf.com Night Life: German Expressionism - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

German Expressionism the golden age of silent films...

#1 User is offline   Frank the Rabbit Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

THis is a forum dedicated to the forgotten, but important silent films, the two favorites of mine,

Metropolis

Nosferatu

are both German Exp​ressionist films, so, i don't think silent movies should be forgotten because most of them have a better moral then movies do today.

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

Ah yes, I remember there was one such thing as a time when German movies didn't suck like no tomorrow... sadly though, I didn't watch the two you mentioned, gotta catch up on those in the near future.

I think I saw parts of Nosferatu back when I was little, can't remember it very clearly though, the only thing stuck in my mind - of course - is the image of Mr. Nosferatu himself.

Oh, how I wish that we didn't slowly lose all our directing, storytelling and acting abilities after World War II... crying.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   Frank the Rabbit Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

everyonce in a while, a director still shines through, but most films are made for money nowadays, while back then people made movies as art to convey a message about humanity.

edit: nosferatu is good, but if you want a good convincing look at modern society and an appocolyptic vision of the future, then watch Metropolis. I believe it is George Lucas's inspiration for C-3P0. Boy, did he stand on the shoulders of giants when he made star wars. Im surprised they could support his weight.

This post has been edited by Frank the Rabbit: 23 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size