Chefelf.com Night Life: Transformers-the movie - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Transformers-the movie michael bay is messing it all up!

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

i hated beast wars.

and as for all the changes.

i want you to all think about how absurd it would be to have a giant robot turning into a gun that fits into the hand of a robot of equal size. or onther giant robot turning into a gheto blaster a human could carry around.

the cartoon didn't make sense in terms of scale... most changes are for the best...

i just hope they figure out a tastful way to keep Soundwave (and ravage, rumble, lazer beak and the other dude).

#17 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

I was off this movie as soon as I heard Bumblebee transforms into a Camaro.

A Camaro?

Since when? Oh yeah, GM is on board and getting product placement tie in.

F That!
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

a camero? WTF?

why still call him bumble bee then....? at least as a beetle he has a groovy vice city thing going... but a camero...

either way... big robots smash shit... raaahhh... i don't have high expectations for anything other than big robotic carnage, anyway.

#19 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 28 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just hope they figure out a tastful way to keep Soundwave (and ravage, rumble, lazer beak and the other dude).

if youre referring to a decepticon tape, you may be thinking of either frenzy, or buzzsaw,..maybe even ratbat.

buzzsaw came packaged with soundwave.

frenzy and rumble: their toys were opposite colors despite what the cartoons depicted. rumble was blue in the cartoon,..but his toy was red. same applies to frenzy,..who was hardly ever featured in the cartoons.

i recently bought the rumble alternators toy. its pretty nice,..but its hard as hell to get him to stand up. id like to see soundwave featured as an alternators toy.

they should keep his same shade of blue color. his trademark chest "window" that was a tape deck,.could retain that same shape as being the rear window of a mini-van. the check-mark icon on the tape deck resembles a rear window windshield wiper,..so im sure that its a doable transition.

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Mar 28 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was off this movie as soon as I heard Bumblebee transforms into a Camaro.

A Camaro?

Since when? Oh yeah, GM is on board and getting product placement tie in.

F That!

i hate movies that have product placement. it detracts too much from the storyline. sometimes, you have to wonder if the movie you are watching is nothing more than a 2 hour commercial in disguise: "The wizard" (1989)..which promoted nintendo. "twister" (1996) which promoted the Dodge Ram.
"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:09 PM

the terminator was like an add for ford.

...and the phase plasma pulse rifle in the 40 watt range.

#21 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

i know of a worse product tie-in for ford....anyone remember when they tried to resurrect the knight rider franchise with "Team Knight Rider"?

yep,.KITT had like 7 offspring super-vehicles, and they were all ford cars & trucks.

#22 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

if youre looking for a good laugh,.be sure to watch the Q&A session videos on transformers.com

http://www.transform...e.com/main.html

i like the answer we get for why bumblebee is now a camaro.

#23 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

I hear they got back the original Optimus Prime voice actor, Peter Cullen, but hear that Hugo Weaving is voicing Megatron, which I still believe is a rumor and not actual fact at this point.

For the record, I enjoyed Beast Wars. I don't compare it to the old Transformers and vice versa; they are what they are.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#24 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Apr 8 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear they got back the original Optimus Prime voice actor, Peter Cullen, but hear that Hugo Weaving is voicing Megatron, which I still believe is a rumor and not actual fact at this point.

For the record, I enjoyed Beast Wars. I don't compare it to the old Transformers and vice versa; they are what they are.

yeah, thats peter cullen's voice in one of the trailers thats available currently, where at the end he says "freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

i sure hope welker is going to be in this new film too,.gosh,.without him,.i cant envision it.

lets also hope this film is dedicated in memory to scatman crothers (jazz) and chris latta (starscream) who are both deceased.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#25 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Apr 8 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, its on the IMDB. and it's nearly out, so I'd say that's a yes.

which is awsome.

#26 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 3 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, its on the IMDB. and it's nearly out, so I'd say that's a yes.

which is awsome.

Weaving's a fine actor, but I have a hard time accepting his voice as Megatron's. Casting him sounds like an all too desperate cry for respect.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#27 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

theres a cool video that features peter cullen on transformersthegame.com. he seems pretty psyched about the movie, i hope i wont walk out of the theatre disappointed.

by the way,.starscream looks nothing like starscream did back in the day.

#28 User is offline   Jaded Wolf Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

I can't believe the movie hasn't came out yet and already it is receiving a bad rep. People got to have faith. I grew up in the era when Transformers first came on. I love the 80's but I also understand that some of that cannot translate onto the big screen. I always loathed the idea of Megatron being some pistol. How in the heck can he get that small to fit in Starscream's hands? I'll give it a shot. I'll see the movie out of curiosity. If it is bad then it will be bad because I went and saw it and determined so.
"And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti!!!"

#29 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

Ok, honestly I am beginning to think that a subliminal reason why many are thinking that the Transformers movie will suck, is that there arent enough Transformer characters in the film.

I say subliminal, because its not exactly a thought that people are speaking out on,.its like,.you know something about the film isnt right,.but you cant exactly pinpoint what that something is.

In the 1986 film, there was many, many characters..very little human involvement, save for Spike & his wife, and their son Daniel. Thats really the only humans I recall from the 1986 film. Then there was tons of robotic characters!!

There was Autobots, Decepticons, Triple Changers, Insecticons, Quintessons, Dino-bots, Constructicons, Sharkticons, Junkions, whatever race Kranix was, and many some more that Im not mentioning.

The 1986 film was a masterpiece, the way the film flows seemlessly from one scene to the next, the beautiful animation coupled with an awesome score by Vince Dicola. It was top-notch, and still resonates in the hearts of many fans.

The point is, the story focused on the robots, not the humans.

Now, many of you are saying..youre jumping the gun, Youre judging the movie before its released. Well, that may be true..but even with that being said, I know a lot of details about the movie.

and while I dont want to release any spoiler content of what I know about the storyline, I will simply bring to your attention that, IMHO, there are too many humans in the storyline and not enough Transformers.

Well, honestly, I cant release spoiler content, per se..since I (or anyone) has seen the film so far. So, these would just be speculations, but you get idea.

I wont gripe about the autobots all being General Motors endorsements, nor will I complain about this new "shredded-metal" alien robot form they all seem to sport either, Or that Megatron's face looks like a Norelco electric shaver.

Heck, its been 21 years since the animated film came out, so Im willingly to accept some changes here and there to the franchise.

Its almost the same cliche whenever you have lots of human characters in a storyline, and few alien-type characters. The aliens are relegated to the status of being some sort of prized game being sought for capture by the military, or are being waged in combat by militaristic alliances. Almost like they are some sort of escapees from a secret ops project conducted at Area 51.

I hope that about a month from now, after I see the movie, I look back on this post and laugh at it. I hope I walk out of that theatre thrilled and excited. I want this movie to be grand. I want to be able to praise the collaborative work of Bay and Spielberg. Lets hope I am not sorely mistaken.

My impression of the film thus far, is that its sort of a rehash of the 1986 film. In 1986 the Decepticons were after the Matrix, in 2007 they are after the Allspark. But with that aside, to me, from what Ive read about the film, and the pics Ive seen, video Ive seen, toys, etc..its looks to be like a cross between Alien Vs. Predator and Mad Max.

I say Mad Max, because a lot of the Autobots vehicular modes have this sort of late-model look. Bumblebee is a late model Camaro, complete with a black paint smudge right above the windshield (hint: see the toy). Optimus Prime has flames,..Ironhide was initially supposed to be a Hummer, but is now a black GMC truck. Jazz is a Pontiac Solstice, and an ugly one at that. All the Autobots' vehicle modes look like they are about to drive into the ring of a demolition derby.

..and Chris Latta would rollover in his casket if he saw what Starscream looked like. It is horrendous. Why do a lot of the Transformers have faces that look like 25 circular sawblades meshed together? and why do they have circa 1957 Chevy Bel-Air taillights for eyes??

again, I will keep my hopes up high for this film. This film is taking a more mainstream approach than its 1986 counterpart did. This film, obviously is attracting an adult audience (the 80's children-their core fan base). I dont see how the film is trying to enthusiastically appeal to a younger audience like the 1986 film did. ..and when I think about it, I dont think that is the intended approach of this new film either.

This post has been edited by mireaux7: 03 June 2007 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#30 User is offline   Jaded Wolf Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

You may be right about there not being enough transformers in there but there is a budget restriction to think about here. Also, that was one gripe I had about the 80's series and the animated movie was that there were too many of them to keep track of them. The one gripe I do have is no Soundwave. That dude rocked. Anyways, I think the fewer the better. I don't like Starscream's look either but I am willing to give it a try.
"And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti!!!"

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size