Chefelf.com Night Life: My thoughts... - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

My thoughts... Regarding the new update.

#91 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

RTL - by the way - is - and who didn't see this coming - a German television channel.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#92 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Mar 29 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RTL - by the way - is - and who didn't see this coming - a German television channel.

Yup, that's what we Shanghai'd the Hungarian channel RTL Klub from. It's just that ours is probably a bigger pile of shit.

#93 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Mar 29 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you just have to frequent all kinds of gaming forums and keep your eyes open for these gems...

Or frequent a forum frequented by people from all kinds of gaming forums. He he, my treasure is growing quickly.

This post has been edited by Nostaw: 29 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

#94 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Mar 29 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Mar 29 2007, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, that's what we Shanghai'd the Hungarian channel RTL Klub from. It's just that ours is probably a bigger pile of shit.

Did you guys know that Austria, Romania, Croatia and Italy also have an RTL?

If I didn’t know any better I would have sworn that almost all former fascist countries have it... well except Bulgaria and Japan... but it is a strange coincidence...

#95 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:49 AM

Never thought that you'd miss a chance to blame Germany for yet another cancerous absurdity...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#96 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:29 AM

I am not blaming anyone, not that I’ve actually blame anyone or anything for anything!

#97 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Mar 30 2007, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you guys know that Austria, Romania, Croatia and Italy also have an RTL?

If I didn’t know any better I would have sworn that almost all former fascist countries have it... well except Bulgaria and Japan... but it is a strange coincidence...

Pity I've already used the Schwarzenegger STFU pic...

#98 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

Yes, that would have been a nice touch.

#99 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

Just to get back on topic: here's some reasons the anti-smoking movement is pointless:

Smokers aren't stupid enough to quit because they saw a PSA on TV telling them cigarettes contain the souls of burned kittens.

There are billions of cars and factories that emit FAR more hazardous wastes than a Marlboro does. If you live in a urban or even suburban area you are inhaling all sorts of shit floating in the air. All food is filled with various chemicals to make it edible as fast as possible. The water in cities like LA and Houston has trace amounts of sewage, lead, and carcinogens. A dissipating whisp of tobacco smoke floating under your nose is the least of your worries.

Now, for those of you who quit smoking and feel it is a nasty habit, I respect your decision and I completely agree with you. But don't start going around bombarding people with exaggerated numbers and bogus, retarded facts like "It takes hurricane winds to get second hand smoke out of a single room!", because that's more annoying than the second hand smoke itself.

This post has been edited by Zewb: 30 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#100 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Mar 30 2007, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to get back on topic: here's some reasons the anti-smoking movement is pointless:

Smokers aren't stupid enough to quit because they saw a PSA on TV telling them cigarettes contain the souls of burned kittens.

There are billions of cars and factories that emit FAR more hazardous wastes than a Marlboro does. If you live in a urban or even suburban area you are inhaling all sorts of shit floating in the air. All food is filled with various chemicals to make it edible as fast as possible. The water in cities like LA and Houston has trace amounts of sewage, lead, and carcinogens. A dissipating whisp of tobacco smoke floating under your nose is the least of your worries.

Now, for those of you who quit smoking and feel it is a nasty habit, I respect your decision and I completely agree with you. But don't start going around bombarding people with exaggerated numbers and bogus, retarded facts like "It takes hurricane winds to get second hand smoke out of a single room!", because that's more annoying than the second hand smoke itself.

Yeah, but what about those of use who live OUTSIDE of the United States.

#101 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Mar 31 2007, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I('m trying to) quit smoking because of two reasons: 1.) I'm into martial arts and it really screws up my stamina 2.) I've had it with the complete stranger asshole non-smokers on the street fucking with me all the time (not because I blow the smoke in their faces, but because they probably come in their pants when they get to spew some stupid statistic shit they memorized from a newspaper at a smoker). And I feel it is beneath me to cope with such horseshit everytime I go down the street, might as well stop it. Good test of willpower as well.

GRRRfulltothefuckingbrimwithpurewhitesizzlinghatredtowardeveryassholenonfuckings
mokerGRRR

#102 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

To put it simply, my opinions about smoking can be summed up like this:

If you want to kill yourself then fine but don’t try to kill me in the process.

I believe we should ban all smoking from all public places. If people want to smoke they can do it in their living rooms, away from me.

If smokers have a problem with my opinion then they should stick to a healthier habit like cocaine or prostitution.

#103 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Mar 30 2007, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but what about those of use who live OUTSIDE of the United States.

Oh, for fuck sake, what does it matter?

I don't know what the air is like in downtown London, but I'm sure it smells a bit different than a green meadow in the middle of nowhere.

Also, in case you weren't paying attention, smokers are not going to kill you. SHS is a very minor threat. And don't give me that "OMG SECONDHAND SMOKE IS MOAR DANGEROUS THAN DIRECT SMOKING" bullshit. If that were true, SHS deaths would be higher than real smoking deaths. For second hand smoke to actually kill you you would have to spend every minute of every day in the busiest, smallest, most crowded, and most poorly ventilated maternity ward in the world. The statistics are lies.

And speaking of illegal drugs, I think a good alternative to smoking tobacco would be smoking a small amount of cannabis late in the day, when you're done with all your work. It does a much better job of relieving stress and smoking one or two joints is a lot easier on your lungs than smoking a pack of cigarettes every day.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#104 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Mar 31 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want to kill yourself then fine but don’t try to kill me in the process.

Relax. If anyone is going to kill you they'd probably use a different, more direct approach.

#105 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Mar 29 2007, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also cyanide is in almonds too, and I've yet to hear of any almond related deaths.

Yes, that's why almonds taste like almond. Please note the quantities of cyanide per 100 grams of almonds to 100 grams of processed tobacco are far different.

QUOTE (Zewb @ Mar 31 2007, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are billions of cars and factories that emit FAR more hazardous wastes than a Marlboro does. If you live in a urban or even suburban area you are inhaling all sorts of shit floating in the air.

But people willing choose to cram tobacco smoke directly into their lungs. I don't think anyone willingly sucks on an exhaust pipe and expect to live.

All food is filled with various chemicals to make it edible as fast as possible.

I suffer migraines from preservative 220 (sulphur dioxide). So therefore, I avoid it. Also nothing added to foods could kill you (unless ingested in large amounts) otherwise they would not be allowed to sell said foods.

The water in cities like LA and Houston has trace amounts of sewage, lead, and carcinogens.

Well I've got nothing to say to that except; we need water, we don't need cigarettes.

A dissipating whisp of tobacco smoke floating under your nose is the least of your worries.

But if our health is so fucked why make it worse?

Sorry to pick on ya Zewb, but you are one of the few making any points worth arguing.

This post has been edited by Prodian: 01 April 2007 - 06:29 AM

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size