Chefelf.com Night Life: My thoughts... - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

My thoughts... Regarding the new update.

#106 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Mar 31 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, for fuck sake, what does it matter?

Well, living in Canberra, I never had industrial smoke so thick that it blocks out the sun and reduces visibility so much that it makes driving your car over 60 kilometres into the suicidal act. But hey, what does it matter, right?

I don't know what the air is like in downtown London, but I'm sure it smells a bit different than a green meadow in the middle of nowhere.

Not all English speaking people are either from the US or Britain. rolleyes.gif

Also, in case you weren't paying attention, smokers are not going to kill you. SHS is a very minor threat. And don't give me that "OMG SECONDHAND SMOKE IS MOAR DANGEROUS THAN DIRECT SMOKING" bullshit. If that were true, SHS deaths would be higher than real smoking deaths. For second hand smoke to actually kill you you would have to spend every minute of every day in the busiest, smallest, most crowded, and most poorly ventilated maternity ward in the world. The statistics are lies.

I have made a choice in my life to not inhale hazardous chemicals, I want people to respect that choice and not be so self fucking centred like so many fucking smokers are, k?

And speaking of illegal drugs, I think a good alternative to smoking tobacco would be smoking a small amount of cannabis late in the day, when you're done with all your work. It does a much better job of relieving stress and smoking one or two joints is a lot easier on your lungs than smoking a pack of cigarettes every day.

Well that, I can agree with.

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Mar 31 2007, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Relax. If anyone is going to kill you they'd probably use a different, more direct approach.

I guess blowing hazardous chemicals into my breathing space is not direct enough.

#107 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

By straightforward approach I meant secondary BULLETS. That direct enough?

#108 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

Here's an idea: instead of begging the government to make new laws to solve all your problems, why not solve them yourself? Ask the smoker to please put it out. If he refuses, kick his ass. If he's bigger than you, tell the waiter he offered to pay the check.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#109 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Apr 2 2007, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's an idea: instead of begging the government to make new laws to solve all your problems, why not solve them yourself? Ask the smoker to please put it out. If he refuses, kick his ass. If he's bigger than you, tell the waiter he offered to pay the check.

Now that's a solution.

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Apr 1 2007, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, living in Canberra, I never had industrial smoke so thick that it blocks out the sun and reduces visibility so much that it makes driving your car over 60 kilometres into the suicidal act.

My dad used to live in Canberra, and one thing I noticed from my visits there, is that people in Canberra can not drive anyway. Well at least not safely. Not that it really has to do with anything, just an observation.

This post has been edited by Prodian: 02 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

#110 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

Yahtzee, were you feeling tired today? biggrin.gif

#111 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

I suspect he's been watching Anastasia.

Edit: Forgot to pat my shoulder for being so goddamn smart. *pats* There.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 11 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#112 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

*Batters Gobbler*

*Sits down and smiles*
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#113 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:05 PM

The last update was, for me, the funniest since I've entered this forum. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nostaw: 22 April 2007 - 07:05 PM

#114 User is offline   Sfon DeltaNovus Icon

• New Cop

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

First off, I'm going to have to disagree with Zewb's statement that people who don't like cig smoke just need to grow some balls. Yes, there are other pollutants I inhale every day. I inhale some car exhaust in the air every day and don't mind it, but that is different than standing right behind a bus near the exhaust outlet. Also, trace amounts of sewage is vastly different than being in a puddle of sewage. In the same way I don't mind if I inhale tiny amounts of cig smoke, but I do greatly mind if I have to hold my breath or inhale a large amount of it because some inconsiderate person is smoking right at the only non-emergancy enterance to where I work. Yeah yeah I understand you are used to it, good for you, but I bet there are lots of things others are used to that you are not. People were once used to living without freedom at the unmercy of the nobility doomed to die young from being overworked on peasant farms, and many today still live in and accept their oppressive governments and cultures.

Now for some of you other people:
As for the arguments that smoking is a drain on the system and that will make you die early and horribly, they may be somewhat true but none-the-less I think they are bad arguments. Can you honestly say you have no bad health habits? You are not overweight, you get 30 minutes of excersice every day, you never eat unhealthy food and get the perfect balance of everything, you never think negativly, you never oversleep or get too little sleep, you always put sunblock on when going out when it is sunny? The list could go on and on. Smoking is not guaranteed to create hospital bills or health problems any more than those other things I just listed. Someone can smoke and eat junk food and live to 100. It only increases the odds that you will have certain health problems.

Also, hate to break it to you, but no matter how you die it is most likely going to be horrible. So what, you avoid lung cancer but instead suffer from other problems and finally suffucate to death when heart disease causes your lungs to fill with blood as you helplessly try to breath after draining the healthcare system because you lived ages after you ceased to be able to work? Some people die in their sleep, others get rich from the lottery. Both groups are lucky bastards you are not likely to ever become a member of no matter how healthy you live or how many lottery tickets you buy.

I don't smoke, I think it is a bad idea. However, I'm not exactly perfect and I take other risks. There is also something I rarely see brought up even by the pro-smokers, something that makes me approve of cigs no matter how much I dislike them. This is horribly anecdotal I know, but I've known recovered drug addicts and I've known people who've known recovered drug addicts. When I say "drug adduct" I mean nasty stuff like heroin that unlike cigs takes control of the person, ruins them, and makes them harmful to society. There is something very common among people who have recovered from the really addictive street crud: they often smoke to deal with their addiciton to the worse drug. Ban cigs or make them too inconvenient to use and you take away one of the most important things that allow many recovered addicts to keep their lives together.

#115 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Sfon DeltaNovus @ Apr 24 2007, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Can you honestly say you have no bad health habits? You are not overweight, you get 30 minutes of excersice every day, you never eat unhealthy food and get the perfect balance of everything, you never think negativly, you never oversleep or get too little sleep, you always put sunblock on when going out when it is sunny? The list could go on and on. Smoking is not guaranteed to create hospital bills or health problems any more than those other things I just listed.

Sure, there's lots you need to be to be 100% healthy, but smoking is somehing you don't have to do to be healthy.
How often do you get something out of doing nothing?

#116 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

I was talking about Judgement Day.

#117 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Prodian @ Apr 24 2007, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How often do you get something out of doing nothing?

You should never utter that supposedly rhetorical question in front of a German unemployed, might ruin your parade.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#118 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Apr 24 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should never utter that supposedly rhetorical question in front of a German unemployed, might ruin your parade.

Let me rephrase.

How often do you get something you deserve for doing nothing.

#119 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

Muuuch better. happy.gif

#120 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

Sfon: TL;DR.

Random thought: I think it's really funny when some health nut who jogs at 3 AM and eats wicker chairs for breakfast gets killed in some freak accident when he's 30.

This post has been edited by Zewb: 24 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size