• +
  • « First

hii im new :D

#61 User is offline   Deflun Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Mar 18 2007, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, It comes in part from the use of text messages in mobile phones, people abriviate to make messages shorter, for example 'see you later' becomes 'c u l8r'. But also sometimes words are changed to how they sound for no apparent reason, for example 'cool' becomes 'kewl'

Text speak is barely justified in messages itsef, but its carried over into emails and forums as well, and that angers many people, because we want to sit down and read something thats written properly, and when people start to abriviate words we feel insulted becsue they havn't taken the time to write a full message, and it gives people the idea that you don't have time for them either. Its not an entirely lateral way of thinking, but it does make sense.

So remember, if your not trying your best to give us a clear message, we can't be expected to respect it. The forum has an edit button for a reason, if you notice you misspelt something go back and correct it, it shows that you care about the people who read your post.

i ment, i don't use them, i hate them as well, maybe im missing something around when i write..

did i mention i learned english in Battle.net?

#62 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

Well for a start, using 'i' insead of 'I' and 'im' insead of 'I'm', is good example of Text speak hangover, because you're not taking your time to capitalise and punctuate.

I don't hold those against you though, because I do that sometimes when I'm feeling lazy, but be aware that the proper way looks better.

Just you wait, You'll come out of this a better person. happy.gif

#63 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

Please, learn to write proper english, or keep your posts simple.

If you're not willing to compromise and at least make an educated effort, please fuck off.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#64 User is offline   Deflun Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Mar 18 2007, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well for a start, using 'i' insead of 'I' and 'im' insead of 'I'm', is good example of Text speak hangover, because you're not taking your time to capitalise and punctuate.

I don't hold those against you though, because I do that sometimes when I'm feeling lazy, but be aware that the proper way looks better.

Just you wait, You'll come out of this a better person. happy.gif

it's not that im lazy, it's just that i didn't knew that.

ever wondered why i miss those but i don't miss others?!

QUOTE (CJ Marren @ Mar 18 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please, learn to write proper english, or keep your posts simple.

If you're not willing to compromise and at least make an educated effort, please fuck off.

god freaking damnit, do you all guys see what you write?!.

you are all making a whole freaking flame war over.. what?, my freaking writting?!.

GROW UP

#65 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Deflun @ Mar 19 2007, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
god freaking damnit, do you all guys see what you write?!

Yes, yes we do - that's the point!

We SEE what we write, we don't just vomit out whatever goes through our brain.

Just do it properly, take your time and we won't have anything to complain about.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>

#66 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

Dudes, we can calm down now, all he's doing now is missing capitals, and if that was flameable offense, you'd need to burn just about everyone who's ever used MSN messanger.

Which is a lot of people, reaslly.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#67 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:14 AM

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, Mr. Chyld...

But yeah, this is really getting unnecessary now, the point's already been made, so give it a rest.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#68 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:54 AM

Arrr, I can't wait for Yahtzee to release something, so that forum move on from the average "slow news day" conversations state it is right now, to the crazy rabid sycophant state it get just before a new game is released.

And did AdamM really left?

#69 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Deflun @ Mar 19 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looke, you know what buddy?, go learn spanish, and post in a freaking spanish forum a comprehensible thread.

Dude, that's why I don't go into spanish forums. I don't speak spanish.
If I couldn't speak (or at least write) english I would stay out of english ones, too and stick to the German ones.

then, come and bitch me about my english, i don't care if you're too much of a bully to go around acting bad ass on the newcomer because he has bad grammar, you're just something to me, not even someone.

I'm neither a bully, nor a badass (but I'm glad I look that way, who doesn't want to be bad ass, like Spiderman or something), I just made my point in the least flaming I could, as the forum rules imply.

i don't care if this is an english forum,

That may be the problem.

i speak the best english i can, and i surely won't go trough a 3 year lesson course just so you will be happy and will look at other mistakes to point out so you look smart.

Heh, that's OK. I'm completly fine with it, if you do the best you can. But stop making senseless topics. If you contribute like everyone else, I couldn't care less about the way you write english (as long as it is not TOO bad)

so please, if you're not eager to be friendly with somebody who came here just to meet new friends and have fun, please go fuck yourself, i really had it with smart asses who try to make other people's life a hell just because they have no roots here.

Well, yeah, you're having fun, that's great, but we don't. If you wanna make friends, stop acting stupid. You clearly are capable of conversation, so please, please do so.

and about what you sayd on "everyone having internet", well, screw you buddy, i wish people like you could hang around real people pointing out theyr bad grammar, see if you can act so bad ass on real life.

It's just the way it is, these days every douchebag (not directed at you) and small child (also not directed at you, as I don't know your age) has easy access to the internet, and uses it as its personal playground. That pisses me off a bit, too say it slightly.

Also, around my friends in real life, which I have, I act quite the same, although the need never really arises.

This post has been edited by Don Andy: 19 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

#70 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Mar 19 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So remember, if your not trying your best to give us a clear message, we can't be expected to respect it. The forum has an edit button for a reason, if you notice you misspelt something go back and correct it, it shows that you care about the people who read your post.

I don't remember ever caring about the people who read my post. I try to write correctly and coherently because the internet is no longer a land of 1337. As mentioned, every idiot and his horse has access to the internet these days, and if you're going to tell them to fuck off you should at least make it so they understand it.
But really, the only problem I see in your posts is the lack of punctuation and occasional grammar mishap, which is understandable.

BTW, I think commenting on someones spelling on the internet is the lowest form of flaming. Pointing out the misuse of homonymous words (there, their, they're, etc.) is on a much higher rung.

EDIT: I just like to point out that I have typed nearly a whole post before with my fingers an entire key to the right of where they should be. I was watching T.V. at the time.

This post has been edited by Prodian: 19 March 2007 - 04:12 AM

#71 User is offline   El Presedente Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:35 AM

Well I wasn't complaining about small things like slight misspellings just pointing them out as an example of easy mistakes to make.

Are we finished yet?

#72 User is offline   Prodian Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (El Presedente @ Mar 19 2007, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I wasn't complaining about small things like slight misspellings just pointing them out as an example of easy mistakes to make.

Are we finished yet?

Quite a long time ago... but well... you know? Fullyramblomatic.com forums and all.

#73 User is offline   Deflun Icon

• New Cop

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

Ok, so this is what I learned on my first week here.

People 'round theyr homes need to find something better to toss theyr anger at other than other people somewhere else.

I'm not a punchingbag you can just.. bitch at and annoy just because it "irritates you" to see what i write (which is incredibly stupid, because it's not what i write, but how i write it, it's almost like sayng you dislike a black person, not because of who he is, but just because he's not white)

I'm not sayng you are all gay.. hahaha, that would be awesome, im just sayng, some people 'round there should remind themselfs what internet is about, Globalisation and Comunication, Not anger management, Not judging and annoying like if we where different persons just because we are behind a screen.

Please, people out there, don't try to prove me wrong, don't correct my grammar, don't expect me to say "go out and make friends" or "get a life", please, Don't throw your anger at me, or at anybody else, because that, my friends, make other people angry.

so let's just, cut this bullshit, and go back to the ol' fashioned jokes A:

This post has been edited by Deflun: 19 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

#74 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

Considering the fact I could read that post easily - well done, you're learning.

And the man again!

#75 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (CJ Marren @ Mar 20 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering the fact I could read that post easily - well done, you're learning.

Yes, I'm "satisfied", too. Although he still didn't get my point.

@Deflun:
You can't just waltz in, throw around with spiritual crap and expect us to love you.

It's not your spelling or grammar, that's annoying me, it's the BS that made 90% of your posts ever since you came here. And the bad spelling/grammar only made that worse.

You said it yourself. Internet is about Communication. OMFG ROFL LOL is not communicating.
What we're doing right now is communicating.

And I can't exactly see how this was "anger management". I calmly stated my point. No anger there. Just discussion, as in communicating.

I don't do things without a reason.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size