Chefelf.com Night Life: Van Halen Reunion? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Van Halen Reunion? to be, or not to be..the never dying question

#1 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

Im a pretty big Van Halen fan. Ive liked them since the Roth era, and grew to love them even more once Hagar took the mic. Id have to say that Eddie's guitar is what keeps me hooked, so with that being said,.I really dont mind who fronts the band, as long as I get to hear Eddie's guitar wail, scream, and kick ass.

It was recently announced that a Van Halen Reunion was to take place, with David Lee Roth returning as the original frontman, and that long-time bassist Michael Anthony would be replaced by Eddie Van Halen's own 15 year old son, Wolfgang Van Halen. In fact, Roth had stated himself in a recent interview that the catalyst that mostly prompted this reunion was advice given from Wolfgang Van Halen. (source: www.vhnd.com) With this new ensemble, they would begin a 40 gig tour this summer, being the first time in 23 years that Roth has returned back to the band for a live tour (Roth had previously recorded 2 studios songs in 1996 with Van Halen, "Me Wise Magic", & "You Cant Get This Stuff No More" )

To my dismay, and to the legion of Van Halen fans, there have also been so-called confirmed reports, and rumors that this tour has either been postponed and/or cancelled indefinetely. (Translation: If you even remotely like Van Halen: This really bites) Its very sad that whatever differences that exist can not be resolved,..and I dont just mean with the Van Halen Bros. and Roth,..but also with the Van Halen Bros. and Hagar...and lets not forget about Gary Cherone either. It just boggles me,..is it really that bad?.. (Ill quote Rodney King: "Cant we all just get along??). Its very frustrating, and it makes Eddie and Alex look like complete jerks being that they have cast out, all together THREE lead singers,..and not just one time each,..but in the case of Hagar and Roth,..attempted reunions have tried to blossom and died quicker than they seemed to flourish.

The date is fast approaching, March 12, 2007...The day that Eddie, Alex, Mike, Sammy and Dave will all get inaugerated into the prestigious "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". I have but one request in regards to this upcoming commendation......NONE OF THEM GET TO BE HONORED,.UNTIL THEY GIVE US ANOTHER TOUR AND ANOTHER NEW STUDIO ALBUM!.

When this band had their first album released in 1977, the albums that came after it, came almost one year after the other..as time slowly passed,..the time between album releases increased,.and when Hagar joined,..the timeframe averaged about one album every 2 1/2 years...since Hagar got fired/quit in 1996 (still not entirely sure what really happened to this day)...the albums have been far and few between,...in fact,.Van Halen has only had one album with entirely new studio work released since 1996...that being Van Halen III, the album released with Gary Cherone fronting the band. The other albums,..were simply greatest hits compilations with a few new studio tracks thrown on there by either Roth or Hagar.

Van Halen has done a great job recently at either frustrating or completely alienating their fan base,.many have given up on them, and just jumped off the bandwagon. But for me, Im a fan for life, no matter what, and even though this news is troublesome, I can only pray they get it right for the fans once and for all.

yell.gif
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

Correction:
The catalyst that prompted the reuinion was money. And the fact that I think Roth's medical career wound up going nowhere.

I mean whatever, they can reunite if they want. If the Motley Crue reunion taught us anything, it's that people will dole out enormous wads of cash to see washed up hair metallers play songs that are 20 years old.

#3 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Mar 7 2007, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correction:
The catalyst that prompted the reuinion was money. And the fact that I think Roth's medical career wound up going nowhere.

I mean whatever, they can reunite if they want. If the Motley Crue reunion taught us anything, it's that people will dole out enormous wads of cash to see washed up hair metallers play songs that are 20 years old.

But Van Halen is Hard Rock, not Hair Metal. A key difference is that hair metal bands such as Warrant, Skid Row, and Nelson were pretty done with around mid 1992 when bands like Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam came onto the scene.

On the other hand, Hard Rock bands such as Van Halen and Aerosmith continued to maintain relative success despite "the grunge scene" arriving.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

Well that's pointless nitpicking. My point still stands.

#5 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

DLR was such a prat the first time they talked about reuniting that I'm sure a VH reunion with DLR is unlikely. Unlikely, that is, unless the other guys are desperate for another tour and a little cash. I think a Sammy hagar reuinion would be more likely.

Frankly I'm not holding out for this. I have tickets to see Roger Waters and The Police (not the same night, no), so I figure I have the classic rock covered for this season.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#6 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

I dont know why Eddie and Alex just dont let young Wolfie take the mic and be their lead singer? Im sure his vocal ability isnt on-par with Roth or Hagar's,.but at least its better than not having a band at all.

Of course, If this trio did happen,..I can see it already being printed in the headlines:

"Dad and Son and Uncle fight=and Van Halen split once again"

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:52 AM

edited don't want to start a feud.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 09 March 2007 - 12:56 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 9 2007, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
edited don't want to start a feud.

oh come on!...this is after all a Van Halen thread. Any one who remotely knows anything about this band knows the feuds that have transpired within in.

#9 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

yep,.tonight is the big night. Van Halen is to be inducted into the Rock & roll hall of fame in New York City. I'll watch the ceremony, I think it will be broadcast on VH1
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

#10 User is offline   princesskadee Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

it was pretty bad that neither eddie nor alex attended the huge gala. i know eddie is in rehab, perhaps his guidance counselors thought that if he attended, that being around dave or sammy would only pour salt into a wound that isnt quite healed yet.

only sammy hagar and michael anthony attended at the rock and roll hall of fame on monday night. no dave, eddie, alex,..or even little wolfie for that matter.

pull yourself strong in rehab eddie, and bring van halen back into the spotlight for the fans,..either dave or sammy will work fine. i prefer sammy though, he doesnt have the cocky attitude that dave carries everywhere.
Peter Brady was by far the ugliest Brady kid on the "Brady Bunch". I mean, they were all pretty ugly, and the fact that the Brady dad wanted to always take the boys out on overnight camping trips just a tad bit too often, gave me the creeps.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size