• +
  • « First

pet peeves we all have them..what is yours

#121 User is offline   optimus_prime Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

you go to the library, and cell phones are strictly banned from being used like its under chinese communist rule. you go inside of the library's public restroom..and well,.youve just entered into the same decibel of clamor as the new york stock exchange lobby.

This post has been edited by optimus_prime: 14 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

#122 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Sep 14 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about those guys who are of the, "I'm just on the can, come on in and talk to me!" mentality? Not as common as suspected, or just limited to weird uncle or dad types?

That's just strange

#123 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Mirithorn @ Sep 14 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Portuguese is possibly the most annoying language in the world to hear shouted enthusiastically into a cell phone. Or, say, outside your bedroom door at midnight when you're trying to sleep.

Haha, any language is annoying following those terms. My roomies speak English, do all of the above, and it bugs the hell out of me. lol. Then again, midnight isn't THAT late, but still.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#124 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:18 PM

"Irregardless" is not a word. pinch.gif

That is all.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#125 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

tongue.gif http://www.m-w.com/c...va=irregardless

"It is a word." "Use regardless, instead." It needs to make up its mind. Silly dictionary.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#126 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

People who ask you for change (and who aren't homeless) after you get off of a train (or other vehicle) and have a lot of luggage with you. Yeah, I'll get right on that. I'll drop all of my bags and sift through all of it to give you a quarter.

If I just had my purse or something, sure! I'll give it to you. If I'm weighed down with so many bags I can hardly stand... don't think so.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#127 User is offline   TheOrator Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

I hate - a lot - when people say literally all the time. This is an extension of the way earlier repetitious word problem but this one gets extra points because the people who say it all the time never use it correctly.

Axe instead of ask. Luckily I live in the real world where people don't say this.

Also:

Is it accurate to say "I hate it when..." ? I don't think it is. I think it limits the time you get to hate whatever it is. I think you have to say "I hate when..." I'm not sure.

English class is taught all wrong.

I hate it.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."
-John Carpenter's They Live

"God help us...in the future."
-Plan 9 from Outer Space

nooooo

#128 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

Recessions. They put my bills way up and my luxuries way down pretty much taking all the fun out of life.
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#129 User is offline   Pandora Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

Heheh, I have quite a long list of them...

I hate my younger siblings (though saying that, who doesn't?). They're noisy, lazy spoiled... I could go on and on but it's better I don't or I'll get carried away.

I hate the sound of snoring as well. I have never ever been able to tolerate it, which really sucks because my family snores loud enough that you can hear them in the rooms upstairs.

I don't like it when people use text speak on the internet. It's called text speak for a damn reason. It doesn't help that it makes people (quite often younger teens) even more retarded than they were to begin with, as they quite soon forget how to spell words properly and use text speak wherever.

Then there's people who don't indicate, people who suddenly stop walking right in the middle of the pavement, people who insist that their opinion is right (it's an opinion, it's not necessarily right, damnit), drunks, children... yeah I think I should just shut up now.

Please do not interfere with or otherwise impede frozen atmospheric water descending lightly to the earth.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size