• +

An old American sitcom. A certain one.

#16 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

Aye, Austrailianism been upgraded to a level 3 virus.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#17 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:09 AM

Why bother having a forum if you will just end up hating the people who frequent it?
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#18 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

Sonny, you've still got a lot to learn. happy.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#19 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Feb 15 2007, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, shockingly, he replied, proving he's either the most sophisticated artificial intelligence ever designed or an actual flesh-and-blood human being. Now that I've typed that out, I think the former would perhaps be more likely.

Is there a reason people are afraid to address him? Other than his vast array of nuclear/automatic weaponry?

Oh, not much. I was just pointing out how people always phrase their questions as "What is Yahtzee's favorite of the games he's made?" or "When will Yahtzee publish a sequel?"
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#20 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

That's true actually. But surely those of you with wiretaps on Yahtzee's flat would know that sort of information by now.

#21 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:38 AM

Or, you know...

Who actually look at this forum.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#22 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:07 PM

I agree that Married With Children was a good show. It was more fatalistic, which was unheard of in American television. For example, Al Bundy had it made before he got married and had kids. He was a football star, had all sorts of scholarships, etc, and then he married Peg, which condemned him to live in sort of a purgatory that involved working a dead-end job at a shoe store, relinquishing all of his money to his ungrateful family, and constantly being tortured by his annoying wife. But Al is just a simple man trying to get through each day without killing anyone, which I think most of us can identify with.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#23 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Feb 16 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why bother having a forum if you will just end up hating the people who frequent it?

Ever watched House M.D.? That guy's a doctor who cares not about the patients, just their illnesses. And, he also makes hilarious, sarcastic comments.

Apply the same analogy here.

#24 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Feb 16 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that Married With Children was a good show.For example, Al Bundy had-
Oh, so that's the show you guys are talking about. Married With Children, eh? Would you believe that they named it "An Awfully Nice Family" over here?

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Feb 16 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever watched House M.D.? That guy's a doctor who cares not about the patients, just their illnesses. And, he also makes hilarious, sarcastic comments.

You know Dávid-san, sometimes you're scaring me when you're making so much sense.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#25 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 16 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, so that's the show you guys are talking about. Married With Children, eh? Would you believe that they named it "An Awfully Nice Family" over here?

Aye, that was the Hungarian title as well, I figured that the majority of people would recognize the original. Which reminds me, who was complaining about translations being too literal in some other thread earlier today? wink.gif (You were absolutely right to do so, by the way...)
QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 16 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know Dávid-san, sometimes you're scaring me when you're making so much sense.

Finally. biggrin.gif

#26 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Feb 16 2007, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess it makes sense. One difference being that House doesn't want to blow up the entire universe.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#27 User is offline   rippa32 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Not a fan of what Hugh Laurie had become with House. I much prefered him in english comedy.

#28 User is offline   Egfu Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Everything nerdy. Excluding Star Trek and anime.

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 16 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And around here it's known as "Lovebirds", or something like that.

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Feb 17 2007, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess it makes sense. One difference being that House doesn't want to blow up the entire universe.

The show's only been around for a few seasons, so I wouldn't be too sure.
"When I was five, my uncle was decapitated by a watermelon."

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size