Page 1 of 1

My Chemical Romance meeble?

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:37 AM

I know I'll take some flack for this as I've already found with Slade, but I like MCR more than any other current band. It's not just the stuff off of 3 Cheers either. Their first cd rocked and I like their whole sound. Thursday came from the same area and aside from a habit of interposing BLARGH between all their lyrics they're a solid band too.

What do you guys say?

As for favorite songs, you have to check out Vampires Will Never Hurt You and Thanks for the Venom. Thursday I rather enjoy I Am The Killer and War all the Time.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 14 February 2007 - 05:39 AM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

Well i like some of their music.
not all, just some

Everyone is entitled to
have varied genres.

Personally i like Helena,
Heaven Help Us,

I'm Not Okay (I Promise),
Famous Last Words

and Ghost of You

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

I must admit, I DO rather like Vampires Will Never Hurt You.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

Woot! I'm not the only one. Good to know. I love Helena and I'm not OK, really just about all their stuff is at least listenable if not good, which isn't something you can say about just any band.

And yeah, vampires is a rockin song.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:50 AM

I say Snow Patrol beats the crap out of MCR anytime.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

Gerard Way seems to think pretty highly of himself for someone who would be nowhere had Geoff Rickley (vocalist for Thursday) not getting their foot in the door with Eyeball records.

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:31 PM

By that logic there's no musician in the world who's worth anything. I think every successful musician at some point was helped along by one of their friends. And its not just music. Ginsberg was responsible for getting On The Road and Naked Lunch published. Does that mean Burroughs and Kerouac can't think highly of themselves?

#8 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

You're comparing literary geniuses to a flash-in-the-pan, over-privilidged emo/rock kid who thinks people should be kissing his feet just because of his status as a musician?

#9 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:48 AM

I hardly think it's fair to call him a flash in the pan. MCR has made 3 albums, all of which are highly listenable as far as myself and the music charts are concerned. Also, the literary analogy stands because they're both creative fields that deal with writing, and that just happened to be one of the things I knew about. Every popular music group was discovered in some way, sometimes by other musicians.

#10 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

I think it's perfectly fair to call them flash-in-the-pan. They're nowhere near as prolific right now as they were when their last album was at the height of its popularity. There was a time when I absolutely could not get away from "Helena", be it on the radio or on TV, and I honestly couldn't even tell you whether or not a second video from their newer album has been made. I don't pay attention to either medium any more or any less than I did two years ago, so I think it's safe to say that their popularity has definitely decreased in some areas.
And "MCR has made 3 albums, all of which are highly listenable as far as myself and the music charts are concerned"? Do some looking. Their first album didn't even chart with Billboard. And live albums/b-sides collections (or: giant grabs for more cash) don't really count as recorded releases.. So half of what they've released, in fact, has made any sort of charted impression.

But regardless, you could sit there and argue in favour of these clowns all day, and you're not going to sway my opinion away from the fact that they're just a bunch of whiny rich kids who got lucky. Your clamoring for some vague justification of their complete disregard for the people who got them to where they are today doesn't change that fact even remotely.

#11 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:28 AM

From what I've heard it was mostly Thursday and The Used that got them where they are today, and I have heard about some controversy between them and The Used but I don't really know much about that business.

However I do know that they're going to tour the UK with Thursday, so things cant be that awful between the two bands. And you're right, out of their three main albums (I brought you my bullets, Three cheers, and Black Parade) only the latter two have seen success. But there was another band who's first cd was a washout, and their name was Nirvana. You cant expect an indy punk band from New Jersey to have a hit on their first cd. However what impressed me was that several tracks off I Brought You My Bullets are just incredible, and they made music videos for at least two tracks off it, Vampires Will Never Hurt You and Honey This Mirror Aint Big Enough for the Two of Us.

And as far as I can see from their music as well as a lot of the other material I've seen from them, they seem to be a genuinely fun band, despite the fact that at least one of them has a serious obsession with mass murder during weddings and killing girlfriends.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size