Chefelf.com Night Life: So what is the OFFICIAL official name of the whole series? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

So what is the OFFICIAL official name of the whole series?

#16 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (arien @ Feb 13 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is everyone so convinced that Yahtzee is going to make more Trilby games? He implied that he wasn't going to make anymore. Besides, I think he said somewhere that if he were to make another AGS game, it'd be a sequel to GFW.

Instead of wailing about how much you want another Trilby game, why don't you get the SEs? Seriously, there are enough off-hand comments about Trilby to make up for another game.

He is going to make another Trilby game, trust me. It won't be tomorrow, neither the day after tomorrow, but he is. Just because Trilby is the best character he has ever made: elegant, clever, funny and misterious. Yahtzee won't resist forever.

#17 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:33 AM

Think about it for a minute. It's obvious that he wanted to wrap up the series and move on. Personally, I hope his next game won't be a sequel at all, but rather something completely new. Hopefully something funny.

Oh, and as far as the title for the series goes, I'm putting my money on The Tale Of Some Guys Who Hacked Up Their Pals Because They Touched A Nasty Bit Of Wood Containing The Soul Of Some Tall Dude With A Funky Shovelly Thing.

This post has been edited by Zewb: 15 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#18 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Nostaw @ Feb 15 2007, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is going to make another Trilby game, trust me.

No offense, but I trust you about as far as I can throw you using only one arm and without breaking a sweat.

And I can only second Mr. Zewb's brilliant post.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 15 February 2007 - 01:59 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#19 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

I'm more with Nostaw on this one. It's not because the XDAS series had to be wrapped and Yahtzee wanted to move on that Trilby will be discarded like that. He's simply one of the most, if not the most loved and popular character in any of Yahtzee's games. All the secrets that weren't revealed. All the mysteries, why keep all this fog over Trilby's real name if we wouldn't hear of him ever again, tell me.

And another Trilby story doesn't automaticly means another Chzo story. Most likely the XDAS series just happened to be a story were several characters'/entities' storylines crossed each others. I think Nostaw hit a nail when he said the "XDAS" titles were specifically for the DeFoe/Chzo storyline while the departure from the "XDAS" titles with "Trilby's Notes" might represent the begining of Trilby's adventures as an agent of the Special Talent Project.

And I too want the next project to be something original like we've seen with 1213 and GFW, rather than another Trilby game, but no more games involving Trilby is rather improbable.

#20 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Blueskirt @ Feb 15 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the mysteries, why keep all this fog over Trilby's real name if we wouldn't hear of him ever again, tell me.

Because an interesting secret that isn't a secret anymore becomes boring? huh.gif

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 15 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#21 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Blueskirt @ Feb 15 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I too want the next project to be something original like we've seen with 1213 and GFW, rather than another Trilby game, but no more games involving Trilby is rather improbable.

Stop, you're encouraging fuckwitted people to start making crappy Trilby-fangames.

#22 User is offline   MAX Acca Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

Yahtzee isn't going to give us every bloody answer. Some authors like to give people something to figure out themselves.

I wonder how many people were in denial when he said he wasn't going to make any more Robert Blanc games? He hasn't (well, he came a bit close with GFW).

Sometimes, people actually mean things when they say them. I highly doubt he'll make any more Trilby games, at least in the near future. The series needs a break. Yahtzee's bled it dry. An entire game to answer a few insipid questions doesn't sound like one with much material to be had.

#23 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

Trilby doesn't have a real name. Why would Yahtzee go through the trouble of giving him a traditional name just so he could never tell anyone what it is?

QED
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#24 User is offline   Maelin Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Zewb @ Feb 16 2007, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trilby doesn't have a real name. Why would Yahtzee go through the trouble of giving him a traditional name just so he could never tell anyone what it is?

Exactly. The idea that knowing Trilby's mundane real name could be better than it being a mystery is foolish. There are some things you deliberately don't explicitly tell the audience, because it makes for a better story.

These are the people who ask, "but what was in the briefcase" after watching Pulp Fiction, or "what did the guy say?" after seeing the video clip for Radiohead's 'Just'. Some people have no grasp of storytelling technique.

This post has been edited by Maelin: 15 February 2007 - 10:07 PM

#25 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Maelin @ Feb 15 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The idea that knowing Trilby's mundane real name could be better than it being a mystery is foolish.

Bit it is better. And do you know why? Because you can say, "Ha, I know Trilby's real name and YOU don't!" to people. Really. It's so fun.

#26 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

All I can say is that as long as Yahtzee keeps making adventure games, I'll keep playing them. I prefer his horror-themed games because the characters and my personal attachment to them are greater than his humourous (using the -our spelling in order to appease the English...) games. In fact, the only other adventure game I ever played that truly scared the bajeezus out of me was The Colonel's Bequest, and I was 7 (1989) and didn't know what a cliche was.

I just hope that Yahtzee makes games that he's happy with and enjoys making. I'd rather have a game that was less a work of sweat than a work of passion. And I don't want him to get tired of making adventure games again, either.

Just my two pennies.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#27 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

QED

You obviously never played the Special Editions. wink.gif

If Yahtzee decides to make more games, those will probably be based on ideas he got while he was busy with TN and 6DAS. But if, a few years from now, he gets enough materials and ideas for a new story involving Trilby, he'll do it, not to please the fans but just because he got a new chapter to tell. And if you think Yahtz is too cool for sequels, I'd suggest you to check FullyRamblomatic again.

I guess we just have to wait, arguying endlessly about that question will get us nowhere, we'll eventually know the answer one of those days.

#28 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:10 AM

I know! Trilby will be the main hero in sequel of GFW!

There. All fans satisfied tongue.gif

#29 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:24 AM

Hmm... that would be an evil plot indeed. Everyone who wants to hear more of Mr. Trilby would have to play GFW first, thus finally giving it the appreciation it deserves... and everyone who just wanted to play the GFW sequel will find himself becoming interested in the other games that starred Mr. Trilby...

Good thing, it ain't gonna happen, eh?

... and it really ain't gonna happen, right? unsure.gif

#30 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:56 AM

It sound like a good plan, but that doesn't take into consideration that, in the end, people will only like that game if this time they get the chance to date that sexy Bromide before the credits roll on.

Ahhh, Bromide... wub.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size