Chefelf.com Night Life: The Simulation Shows.. nothing useful - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

The Simulation Shows.. nothing useful Saturday, Feburary 3, 2007

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

Manning, Colts will win, simulation shows
Indy QB will throw for 3 TDs vs. Chicago, EA Sports Madden NFL 07 reveals

Peyton Manning will make sure his Super Bowl experience is worth the wait, according to a Super Bowl simulation on Madden NFL 07, powered by EA SPORTS.

Manning will throw for 383 yards and three touchdowns as the Colts beat the Chicago Bears 38-27 in Super Bowl XLI on Sunday, the automated simulation shows.

The performance will make Tony Dungy the first African-American coach to win the Super Bowl.

In the first Super Bowl of his nine-year NFL career, Manning will deliver in the clutch, throwing two second-half touchdowns to rally Indianapolis, the EA SPORTS simulation shows.

Manning's performance will overcome a big day by Bears running back Thomas Jones, who will have 24 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown, and wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, who will catch four passes for 72 yards and a touchdown, according to the simulation.

Embattled Chicago quarterback Rex Grossman will have a solid day, too, throwing for 231 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, the simulation shows.

The Super Bowl will be a classic, the simulation shows. Grossman will throw a 6-yard touchdown pass to Bernard Berrian to cut the Colts' lead to 31-27 with 12:07 left in the fourth quarter, the EA SPORTS simulation shows.

But Joseph Addai's 8-yard touchdown run with 4:44 left will give Indianapolis some breathing room, and the party will be on in Indy, the simulation shows.

Manning and the Colts will start off hot, throwing a 17-yard touchdown pass to Marvin Harrison and using a 42-yard field goal from Adam Vinatieri to take a 10-0 lead after the first quarter, the simulation shows.

Harrison will have a big day at the Super Bowl, finishing with nine catches for 102 yards, the simulation shows.

The Bears will respond when Jones rushes 12 yards for a touchdown just 21 seconds into the second half, the EA SPORTS simulation shows.

After a 4-yard touchdown run by Addai, the Bears will use two field goals by Robbie Gould, including one with 3 seconds left in the half, to make the score 17-13 at halftime, according to the simulation.

Grossman's 23-yard touchdown pass to Muhammad will give the Bears their only lead of the game, 20-17, with 13:32 left in the third quarter, the simulation shows.

But the Colts will respond quickly, scoring on a 36-yard touchdown catch by Dallas Clark just three minutes later, the simulation shows. A 32-yard TD pass from Manning to Reggie Wayne will give the Colts a 31-20 lead entering the fourth quarter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16911414

And now, the JM commentry.

This story has to make it in to crappy news because it is in essence, crappy news. Some moron sports commentator somehow wrote this shit and got it on msnbc. The challenge is to count how many times he uses the phrase "The simulation shows" I did, and it's something like fifteen times. Could he have used bullets or something and just put that at the top? Maybe, but then it wouldnt be so hilariously badly written.

So basically, its some buy who played a sports game, and wrote a "news" story about it? I did that in our equvilant of show and tell when I was nine. Even then, I was told I was a twat.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Pff, Super Bowl... if I hadn't played Final Fantasy over and over and over again, none of you guys would even be alive to watch it!

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

Go Bears, I love Chicago.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#4 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 3 2007, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pff, Super Bowl... if I hadn't played Final Fantasy over and over and over again, none of you guys would even be alive to watch it!

What the hell does that even mean?!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

That I, statistically speaking, saved the world over a dozen times now. And this simulation clearly shows, that without my intervention, none of you would be able to simulate the Super Bowl's outcome, since you obviously wouldn't exist.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

Ah. I thought you meant that if you hadn't had Final Fantasy to distract you, the annoyance of the Superbowl would have driven you to a killing spree. So FF had possibly spared all of our miserable lives.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Bowling played without the ball or the field.

#8 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Feb 3 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So FF had possibly spared all of our miserable lives.

Exactly. happy.gif

#9 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:00 AM

Well we all knew that. Who would have made it through 97 without FF7?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#10 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:58 AM

I suppose we can at least take away from this that the simulation got the winning side right...
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size