Chefelf.com Night Life: What is so special about chocolates - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

What is so special about chocolates Why do girls put on a show?

#16 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

Well, chocolate sure helps me with cramps - as well as several of my friends and relatives. I have really pretty horrible periods, that have knocked me out of classes sometimes, and I take lots of ibuprofen or whatever, but it's the chocolate that eventually helps. And I've experimented - I've tried just medicine for a day, just chocolate for a day, and both. They're about the same by themselves, but taking both helps immensely.

And I guess people going gaga over anything, really, is annoying. But just being happy about chocolate, I don't find a sin at all. It's a happy food. smile.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#17 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

I couldn't care less about cars. I prefer something that doesn't suck down gas and won't fall apart on me, and that's it. Corvettes look really nice, as far as vehicles go, but *shrug*.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#18 User is offline   varyssa Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Then maybe you're not in that dire need of a penis replacement, count youself lucky happy.gif

#19 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 7 2007, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, chocolate sure helps me with cramps - as well as several of my friends and relatives. I have really pretty horrible periods, that have knocked me out of classes sometimes, and I take lots of ibuprofen or whatever, but it's the chocolate that eventually helps. And I've experimented - I've tried just medicine for a day, just chocolate for a day, and both. They're about the same by themselves, but taking both helps immensely.

And I guess people going gaga over anything, really, is annoying. But just being happy about chocolate, I don't find a sin at all. It's a happy food. smile.gif

That's very strange. ohmy.gif Does chocolate have something to do with genetics as well? LOL! Chocolate doesn't do a thing for me, I swear, but Tylenol or any other painkiller can get rid of the pain almost immediately. It might also be a placebo? I don't really know (its not like women request chocolate every time they have their period, or when their uterus goes through the 'major cramping' of giving birth), but I do know that chocolate is not one of my most favourite things in the world. lol.

I don't really think of chocolate as a happy food... unless it's for Valentine's Day. smile.gif

EDIT - Me spell 'things' as 'tings'. Me love you long time.

EDIT 2, 3, 4 - So many miswordings, here.

This post has been edited by looktothesky: 07 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#20 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

"Phenylethylamine is an amino acid found in chocolate that acts as a painkiller and antidepressant. Both the phenylethylamine and anandamide in chocolate trigger the release of endorphins, the chemicals in our brains that make us feel good. Carbohydrates in chocolate stimulate the production of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which produces feelings of calmness and well-being."
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#21 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 7 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Phenylethylamine is an amino acid found in chocolate that acts as a painkiller and antidepressant. Both the phenylethylamine and anandamide in chocolate trigger the release of endorphins, the chemicals in our brains that make us feel good. Carbohydrates in chocolate stimulate the production of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which produces feelings of calmness and well-being."

Wow, who knew? ohmy.gif That's interesting.
Is it in large quantities in a piece, though, or do you have to eat large amounts?

And don't a lot of foods already have those ingredients?
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#22 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:05 PM

Chocolate and real cold coca-cola are one of my Mom's headache remedies.

Yes I know it doesn't work for you. Too bad.

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

chocalte has been known to give women orgasms, not because of a chemical reaction but because they're giddy as all hell anytime anything fun comes their way.

horse riding too, but that's physical.

the only thing predictable about superbowl these days is the outrage at the halftime show.

choc rocks

#24 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Feb 7 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chocolate and real cold coca-cola are one of my Mom's headache remedies.

Yes I know it doesn't work for you. Too bad.

sad.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#25 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

No real insights, but...
QUOTE (Despondent @ Feb 7 2007, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Every now and then, we get Dreamland Ribs.
...I would work anywhere that saw fit to give me ribs every now and then biggrin.gif

Oh yes, and any car that isn't an old school Mini can be bown out my ass as far as I care. I only watch Top Gear because they spend an hour driving really fast and being funny.

Was lots of fun when I worked in the pharmacy all those years ago, when the two folks I worked for had a cuppa and talked all sorts of technical crap about cars. No good for a guy who hates tea and cars, and just wanted an excuse to stop developing photos and carrying around huge boxes.

Chocolate? Whatever gets you going. I used to go all giddy when the cannabis train came in. Still pretty chuffed when it chuffs in now, really.

This post has been edited by Chyld: 07 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#26 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:25 PM

What is so special about Chocolates?

The choco comes late.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 07 February 2007 - 09:25 PM

#27 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

Well, for clarification, I'm not coming down on any woman or man or child, whatever, who claims to like chocolate. I'm only agreeing with Jordan that there's something freakish and annoying about the behaviour he described. I worked an office job a while back and they used to give us cookies from time to time. I ate them a couple of times and then got over it, like most folks did. But yeah, there were some folks there who acted every time like it was a big deal. While the group I remember had some men in it as well, they all had one thing in common, being they were folks who talked all the time about weight loss, dieting, counting carbs, etc. One gal said this thing though that I think summarised it well, "It's not a treat if you have it all the time." That was her justification for never eating them, and good for her, I guess.

I'm not grouping women together, only these gals Jordan's describing. They're all exhibiting classic fake on-a-diet behaviour. You see that all the time, gals (and the occasional guy) eating something and making some comment about how their diet starts up again tomorrow, or how this is a "little break," or whatever. Big deal, whatever, let em do it, but agreed it's silly and a bit annoying.

My bet is there are gals in Jordan's office who don't partake, and so never make a big deal, but the others are so distracting he hasn't noticed.

PS: Jordan, where you working these days? I sure could use some freeeeeee chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Edit: How about we don't use so many exclamation points that the entire page requires three extra horizontal monitor lengths to view your post?

Edit: OK.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 09 February 2007 - 03:21 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#28 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:36 PM

Was that really necessary?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#29 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

No.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#30 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ Feb 7 2007, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif

Coke and Chocolate MIGHT work for you. Give it a try if need be. smile.gif

I bought some chocolate last night. Even saved some for the weekend.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size