Chefelf.com Night Life: Morons Mistake Mooninites for Malevolent Murdering Machines - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Morons Mistake Mooninites for Malevolent Murdering Machines Wednesday, January 31, 2007

#16 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:29 AM

You remember her. She had those wild OPEN eyes. Just like Nancy Pelosi? I happen to think that because of being compared to this "crazy" woman, Nancy Pelosi had plastic surgery to make her eyes appear LESS wide than the crazy Atlanta would-be bride. I could post before and after photos if you'd like.

Que?

They had bilboards with a reward and all, for locating the girl who was kidnapped before her wedding. Authorities searched. When she came forward and admitted it was all false, they billed her for the cost of looking for her.

Is that more fair, or less fair?

Is an apple more or less fair than a hippopotomus? That would make just about as much sense. The only common factor here is that both parties were billed for the police department's time.

In one case a woman who deliberately lied and made false statements causing a man hunt was billed for the man hunt.

In the other case two men who put up signs were billed because the police decided their signs were bombs and shut down the city.

I can see what you're getting at. You're trying to imply that the marketing group decided "hey, let's put up things that look like bombs, it'll get us publicity" is that it? No one is that stupid. And I've seen several pictures of these things. None of them look like bombs or have protruding wires. Now, what we're hearing is that all of these things are the same. Meaning they were all manufactured to be more or less identical. So if one of these things had protruding wires and batteries sticking out logic dictates that it was altered, perhaps by someone doing violence upon it.

THIS would explain why it was not reported for two weeks. Someone probably threw a rock at one of the things and busted it a bit, revealing scary stuff inside. Then some other idiot calls the cops. Either that or someone simply imagined that there were wires and bomb like stuff on it.

Either way, there's no intention here. And if there's no intent the only thing they can get these guys for is maybe a misdemeanor vandalism gig, and believe me they will, because these vindictive pricks will never do what they should: admit they were wrong and apologize.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#17 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

Que?

_____

There was a related story that while Boston was shut down due to an unknown threat, the ad campaign's creators were told to "keep it on the DL".

If they'd have come forward earlier, there'd be less of a civic patrol bill (sigh).

Anyway, Turner broadcasting will be getting the best advertising for thier dollar, this side of the super bowl.

#18 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:01 AM

Hmmm... I don't know. She looks very plasticy in the last picture but all of her looks plasticy, not just the eyes. I think the first picture is Judge Judy though.

I havn't heard anything about such an order coming out from the ad company or anyone involved and they did take responsibility pretty quickly, so I have to doubt the veracity of that statement.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:36 AM

It's ABC news, it has to be true.

But you can doubt it anyway. And I can doubt what you have to say as well. La la la!

#20 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Feb 2 2007, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... I don't know. She looks very plasticy in the last picture but all of her looks plasticy, not just the eyes. I think the first picture is Judge Judy though.

I havn't heard anything about such an order coming out from the ad company or anyone involved and they did take responsibility pretty quickly, so I have to doubt the veracity of that statement.

Nah, it's true. The ad guy did tell them not to tell the police what the objects were. But I still don't think those two guys should be billed all that money.

And it's not a "Hoax". It would be a hoax if they called in and said they WERE bombs. It's a misunderstanding.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#21 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

Ok I accept that piece of news as legit, but I still don't see a problem with it. That's part of that whole right to remain silent thing, right? And if these guys had spilled the beans to the pigs then it would have looked like the police were busting a terrorist hoax ring. It would be much better for the company to have time to devise a statement, call other cities where the items were in place, and THEN take responsibility, which they did anyhow. This memo only asked the people who were getting pinched to keep quiet, which to me is good advice. I mean I know if I ever got nabbed by the cops I'd keep quiet, but not everyone has the same good instincts right?

#22 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

http://somethingposi...p02012007.shtml
Yay RL events in fictional webcomics
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#23 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:28 PM

yeah, this was pretty amusing, apparently anything with a circuit, batteries, and wires is a bomb - oh no! my entire dorm must be a den of terrorists! thing is, I always thought that bombs needed explosives as well as scary-looking circuitry stuff, and any bomb experts they brought in probably realized this after about five seconds. also, I wouldn't think that a bomb would advertise itself with SHINY LED LIGHTS FOR A WEEK.

oh, also - here's the news story where they interviewed the guys who did it - it's pretty hilarious:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#24 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

I haven't read or seen much about this. Has anyone yet mentioned the similarity to Orson Welles's "War of the Worlds?" Because as you'll all recall, that was NOT a hoax, and it frequently references the Mercury Theatre company that was putting it on. Nevertheless, it's always referred in the media as a hoax, as though the confusion was intended.

Apparently we live in a society so dumbed-down that those little packets of silica gel that you get in the pockets of new clothes need to have a "Do Not Eat" warning printed on them.

Fuck.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#25 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

I wonder how much Orson Wells would be charged today?

"We sent the bomb squad, the FBI and the CIA to make sure the aliens weren't planning to drive their saucer craft into the Pentagon, and it turned out that we were idiots! Mr. Wells, you owe us a half a million dollars!"

#26 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

Dumbing down society so much to an automatic toilet sink. In a certain country they already suspect old people as yobsters for wearing hoods. It seems funny how they shutdown the city to an unknown threat of a cartoon.

Ignorance to someone's ability to pay > Ignorance to recognise a joke.

Now I wonder what will happen if they are unable to pay out the $500,000?

Maybe they'll get put in jails for captured terrorists to set an example to the rest.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 03 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

#27 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:18 AM

Turner broadcasting owned up to cheerfully pay the tab last Friday.

#28 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:32 AM

So the two are not made into scapegoats. It would have reminded me of the story about gatecrashers. Mostly working class newspaper firms and magazines pay outsiders by pocket without contracts to snoop around and break in private property and events of famous people. When they get caught the firms attempt to deny all knowledge of their involvement or describe them as classified sources.

In this case they hired out two idiots? to put up adverts for them. Now the company is paying the price for paranoia.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 04 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

#29 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:59 AM

I rather wish they hadn't. They should have fought it in court. It would have been good for a few laughs. The corporate world just dosnt have any spine anymore.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size