Chefelf.com Night Life: the best portable rpg game - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

the best portable rpg game whats your favorite

#1 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

whats the best role playing game youve played for a portable system, such as gameboy/gameboy color, game boy advance, nintendo ds, sony psp, etc.

for me, i hold final fantasy legend II, and breath of fire II in high regard...yeah, i know bof2 is a snes port, but its playable on the gba,.so it's considered by todays standards a portable game.

i heard golden sun is a good game, but i havent played it yet.

anyone play Final fantasy III on the ds, is it a great game?

This post has been edited by blueoceans: 31 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

Golden Sun was great. Of course Link's Awakening, too. Those are probably my faves.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

I'm partial to Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls for the GBA because they remade FF1 into a wonderfully fun old-school casual experience which is perfect for a hand-held game system. (I own FF1 for the NES, and played it for a loooooong time when I was younger.)

I'd also say Link's Awakening is the best, but that's more of a puzzle-action-adventure, not an RPGish one to my eyes.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#4 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:26 AM

Ohh, I cried my eyes out at the ending of Link's Awakening back when I was younger. crying.gif And yeah, that would be the only RPGish thingy I played on said systems, so there.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#5 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, Gobbler, I hear you. that ending made me really depressed. sad.gif

My favourite would have to be Final Fantasy 3. Though (don't make fun) Pokemon's good too.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#6 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! *poke*

There. >_> Well, I kind of liked it too, though I was possibly a tad too old when it came out and it didn't end with the whole world vanishing like in Link's Awakening.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#7 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, don't feel bad. Pokemon was a very well-made game, especially for kids. Unfortunately, they just took it a bit far and it became trite and cheesy.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#8 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

I loved the first two of the series of Pokemon. They were just good fun handheld RPGs with a good concept. Then came the rabid merchandising franchise. pinch.gif

#9 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:47 PM

First two? You mean Red and Blue? There was nothing different between the two except that you'd get a handful of different Pokemon in each one, requiring you to trade... That kind of annoyed me. I could never collect them all because the only friends I had that were interested in the game had the same version I did. tongue.gif
Or do you mean, first generation = red, blue, yellow; then second generation = gold, silver, crystal? I never got into the second generation; it had already become trite and overrated and way too complicated and I just didn't like it anymore.
My little brother's playing my old Pokemon game on my mom's GamboyColor now, and we went out and got him used Red and Blue so he can try to get them all using my Gameboy and a link up. tongue.gif

#10 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:03 PM

I meant Red & Blue. They were pretty much the same game, but were two released at once. Maybe the confusion is a difference in language.

#11 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 1 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved the first two of the series of Pokemon. They were just good fun handheld RPGs with a good concept. Then came the rabid merchandising franchise. pinch.gif

you bring up an interesting thought regarding the merchandising aspect...its interesting how popular pokemon is. its relatively new, and pikachu & company can be seen on about everything from playing cards & baseball hats, to t-shirts, bubble gum and napkins,.....yet,.you take final fantasy which has been around twice as long and has spawned double the games,..and its nowhere to be found, save for a couple of plastic 3 inch figures sold at gamestop, perhaps.

dont get me wrong, i dont want final fantasy to be over-exploited,.then it would just wither away and dry up in the mainstream storm,..but it would be nice to see it marketed on more items.

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 1 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My little brother's playing my old Pokemon game on my mom's GamboyColor now, aP

your mom has a gameboy color?..sweetness!,..but say,..with mother's day fast approaching, a nintendo ds or gba may make a great replacement for her.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size