Chefelf.com Night Life: AGS - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

AGS Making games with AGS

#1 User is offline   bacstab Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:24 PM

Yahtzee: I played all four of your "Days" games. They are pretty cool. I am trying to make a game with AGS myself, but right now I am trying to work out all the bugs and fix the scripts every time I make a change. I want to make a Monkey Island fangame called SOMI (Skirmish of monkey Island) and I am doing well figuring out the basics of AGS and everything I do is from "run script". I use Global and room scripting but I am trying to figure out some GUI tricks, fix the cursors to work like your games sort of, and also how to hide the icon bar on the main menu. How exactly do you use properties as well. I noticed when playing 5 days a Stranger that when ever you have the mouse over something there is text saying what the object is (Is it the status bar?). smile.gif

My plans for the game: Make it a simple adventure game with puzzles starting out but make it more "quest" (like GTA missions where you follow the little radar map) oriented later on. The story will have alternate story paths and different endings. It seems hard but I asked some AGS people in the #ags irc.bigbluecup.com IRC and they said to use different variable names or points. You seem to have a clear idea of how to rig new things in AGS. Can you help me? cool.gif

My website: www.freewebs.com/bacstab

Email: bacstab12@hotmail.com

IRC: Server- irc.afternet.org Channel- #bacstab

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

... This is in the amazingly wrong forum. Scroll waaaaaaay down, bub. tongue.gif

Edit: Ok. This is as pertinent a place to put it as possible. Enjoy, FR people. I bid you all adieu.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

Unfortunately Yahtzee has said in the past that he couldn't give a shit about people who are 'planning' making games and don't have any substance yet, so don't hold out for a response.

#4 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:21 AM

www.bigbluecup.com/yabb
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#5 User is offline   bacstab Icon

• New Cop

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

Will you ever make a article? smile.gif

#6 User is offline   supersh Icon

• New Cop

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (bacstab @ Feb 4 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will you ever make a article? smile.gif

Try asking your questions in the Beginners Tech Forum at the link yahtzee posted, and read the FAQ there, and search the AGS wiki, etc. etc. There are also a number of AGS Modules that do some of the things you describe already pre-coded for you.

I'd try making a less ambitious game to start with, then work your way up to what you describe.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size